You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Baby Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

The Baby Cemetery

 

In this story I'm going tell you one of my many real life experiences. I was about 16 when this event occurred and I'll never be able to explain how this happened, or exactly what it was that I experienced. I remember falling asleep in my blue waterbed the night this occurred. That being said, let me began.

I woke up, but it wasn't my bed that I was in, it was someone else's. As I sat there confused, I also realized I wasn't in my own house either. The bed's sheets and comforter were white with purple flowers. The room was tan. There was a window to my right that was open and the plain white curtains were blowing softly as the daylight came through. The bed was located in the left corner of the room touching the wall.

I just laid there confused, I was still very tired so I closed my eyes for a moment or two. When I opened my eyes I was surrounded by five dead babies that were all facing me. They were very grey, and rotted looking. They stared at me with very dark soulless eyes, they had a cloth diaper and couldn't have been over the age of one. I felt complete terror in that moment; I could not move a single muscle in my body, or make any type of emotion. It felt like the dead infants were there for hours.

Suddenly they disappeared, and the day became night in the blink of an eye. I remember finally getting up out of the bed and walking through the house. I could feel the physicality of everything I did, and I was very observant. I remember feeling like the house was very sad and lonely, like I was there to help somehow. I walked outside of the house and looked at the front of it. I couldn't put it together in the dream but it looked very familiar.

Suddenly I woke up again, but this time in my own bed and in my own house. The dream was still very vivid in my mind, and that's when I remembered why the house looked familiar. A few weeks earlier I had dropped off my friend's 13-year-old brother's friend at his home, but I never went inside. The house was the exact house I had seen in my dream on the outside. This was something that I had to tell him about.

The next day he was at my friends house, so I told him I had a dream that I was in his house. When I first told him this, he was laughing and denying it. Until I started explaining his entire house in detail to him. I told him about the room I woke up in, everything that was in it, how many stairs he had on his staircase and everything I had seen in exact detail. He looked completely shocked; he knew I had never been in his house before. He started crying and explained to me that his mom has been experiencing similar things. Apparently it was his mom's room that I had woke up in.

The backyard to their house had a very small yard and then nothing but woods. He told me that he and his mom had walked deep into the woods once and found a children's cemetery from the late 1800's, and the graves were all for babies.

I'd really appreciate any comments/feedback/explanations anyone might have for this. Thank you for reading, please tell me what you think (:

Other hauntings by kjw2202

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjw2202, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thevocalist96 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
This is a very strange experience. 😕 Have you had any other dreams about them since telling your brother's friend?
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Seraphina

Thanks for your feedback. It would actually be very interesting to look into the genealogy of these babies! Maybe I could come to a conclusion on why this all happened.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Hi, KJW,

What a frightening and intriguing experience! Thank you for sharing it.

Biblio's comments make sense to me, especially the reminder that the mortality rate for children was much higher then than it is today. Although it's possible that an epidemic of some sort caused the children's deaths, it wouldn't be inconceivable that they are all siblings from the same nuclear family.

While fiddling around with genealogy I've happened across many families that had 12-15 children, only a few of whom survived to adulthood. Maybe the research Biblio suggests could tell you more about where houses in the area were located and which families owned them.

~Seraphina
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
I'm not quite sure why they came through to me and that will always be a mystery too. The only thing I could think of is because they had so much energy between them all or they all died the same. There had to be a stronger connection between them. There could of been more graves, the other ones were deteriorating the way it was.

Thank you
Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
There are so many possibilities concerning this it's almost hard to have clarity of what it could truly be but this is my impression. Considering the time period and the fact that their eyes looked soulless and you felt little to no emotion besides fear it makes me think two things.

1. Considering the 1800's was both a historical and brutal time period it makes me wonder if possibly the infants were brutally murdered possibly a form of a ritual death considering that the witch trials were coming to an end yet still somewhat active. You said their eyes felt soulless... Maybe because there was no soul yes it is a grotusque and horrible thought though not completely impossible. Or there is the idea that because they have been dead so long the soul of the babies could not be overly powerful making me wonder how they truly managed to show themselves to you through the dream.

2. Possibly they died of disease considering so much was going on in that time period. A combination of typhoid and I believe Cholera were rather rampant at the time.

Why they reached out to you I honestly don't know, being there only long enough to drop someone off usually wouldn't be enough of a connection which is confusing again the souls of the infants shouldn't be strong to reach out.

😕 I hope you can truly gain clarity on this and any future exsperiences. Also a side note I wanted to make, just because there were only 5 tombstones does not mean that there isn't more bodies. Honestly they were probably lucky to have one at all. I wish you the best concerning this.
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Macknorton
Thank you first of all for reading! I do not have a dream journal but should invest in one.

Sheetal
I do not feel confident in doing a mass prayer or anything like that due to I am not an advance person in this genre.

Spiritwaiting
I do feel like they tried to come to us maybe in help. I do not know if she ever did a blessing or anything like that but I do know they moved out of that house a couple years later.

Valkricry
Thank you for the information:)

Zeromaru
The cemetery is very small and remote, very hard to find. No one visits the grave yard from what I know. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in our town don't even know it exist.

Bibliothecarius
Thanks I appreciate it! I do not know how to do rituals or anything of that nature unfortunately. I am new to all of this and hope to learn more as I go.

Thank you all for the time to read and comment my story, I will have more to come!

😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Greetings, KJW.

My thoughts were on a similar track to Val's suggestions, but with one variation: sometimes historical societies already know some of the details about vaguely-defined areas within the town, but have difficulty locating the precise spot.

Let us imagine three immigrant brothers named O'Reilly settled down with their families in Riverbend, IA, in 1834. You visit the modern historical society and read a document indicating that the O'Reilly family plot is "near O'Reilly's top pasture." No-one at the time would have bothered with more detail, because it was "obvious" which of the three O'Reilly farms had the gravestones next to the top pasture. However, if the settlement subsequently divided into two towns, right around the time Iowa became a state, this may have left only one of the farms in Riverbend but placed the other two farms within the newly-formed Respite, IA. Now, the historical society would need to figure out where the O'Reilly family plot was (even though it hasn't moved!) without trespassing upon private property or government-protected watershed lands, etc.

The reason I introduce this fictional scenario is that you have indirect knowledge of the location of children's graves, but the town may have no knowledge of their existence, or presume that they are a different gravesite, or know full well all of the details associated with the graves. If you are going to perform a ritual to bring peace to these -frankly disturbing- spirits, it would be best to learn something about their families' religious practices first. Getting living children and babies to comprehend your instructions is difficult enough; getting the spirits of babies to grasp your well-intentioned actions has the potential to go wrong in a great many ways.

Research FIRST; ritual second.

Best,
Biblio.
Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Wow! Its scary...
Is any one visiting the grave yard any more? 😲

I am living quite close to an old tomb but I never had any such experience. Thanks for sharing! 😉
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Late 1800's many babies (under the age of 5 years) died due to unsanitary conditions and disease. It could be an epidemic (typhoid was rather rampant) could justify a 'children's cemetery'. It was also common to bury family on your own property, so it's feasible that the 5 babies were somehow related/ from the same household.
We don't always know/understand why we see what we see. From my view point I'd hazard the guess that they don't want to be forgotten. Maybe a local historical society would like to know about that cemetery.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Kjw,
I agree the beginning would have spooked me a bit, but the rest like you did I would have taken all of it in. You did great!

The babies may have come to your friend's mother first for help. But her not knowing all of what she was experiencing was real, they saw an oppurtunity in you.
They showed you similar visions, allowed you to visit in their reality, for the purpose of providing evidence of it being true.
With all that being said,
Maybe they needed to tell their story and need peace.
Did the friends mother ever do a blessing or look further into all of it? The infant cemetary?

Thanks for sharing

Spiritwaiting
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
kjw2202... This is really scary that your nightmare become true... I really find it a strange story I am agree with chapulin1234 that you should perform prayers for that poor babies.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hi KJW2202

Another fascinating experience! Keep 'em coming! I believe you simply had a very vivid psychic dream. You were able to momentarily visit the future and the story of the house and the dead infants was shown to you.

I have dreamed the future too in a story I posted, so I have no doubt it's possible. It's a gift you have, but sometimes it's not clear as to why we are shown the things we are in these dreams. It can seem random, but there's probably (I hope!😆) an underlying order and logic to it all that we can't see.

Maybe there's a general sadness in the atmosphere due to the infant graves (although the cemetery was deep in the woods) and someone in your friends house, possibly the Mother, is picking up on it? Possibly a spirit has followed your friend and Mother home? Perhaps the message is that she needs help?

I've been given some sound advice by members here to keep a dream journal. Apparently some dreams can come true months, even years later. Not sure if you are, but it may help?

Regards

Mack
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
chapulin1234
It was scary, especially when my dream was validated.

Cosmogal926
It does seem like spirits feel comfortable enough to communicate some way to me. It's been this way mostly my whole life. I drive by the house a lot but no I have not been back to the house or cemetery.
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Scary!, specially because you got corroboration that the dream was actually true, maybe they need to perform a mass or a prayer for those poor baby souls. 😭
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Yikes!That was one creepy experience 😨 I would say that when you dropped your brother's friend off at his house, something or someone saw an opportunity to tell their story through you. Have you every been back to the house to see the cemetery for yourself?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: