You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Those Eyes Of White

Real Ghost Stories

Those Eyes Of White

 

I have encountered several unusual experiences in my life. All of which have forced me to believe in something that would otherwise seem to be nothing more than campfire stories. Some of the situations I've been in have been horrifying, yet others have me curiously hoping that there is a lot more to this world beyond our perception.

My parents bought an old farmhouse sixteen years ago, in a small town in Arkansas. The house was over a hundred years old when we bought it. Within a week of moving in, stuff began to happen. We'd hear footsteps through the house and in the attic. And as time progressed, we'd see and hear doors open and close, followed by the familiar creak of floorboards, as some invisible force made it way through the house, often passing right in front of us. We've heard three different voices, a man, a woman and a child, a little girl, who we've heard laughing several times.

But this is not an accumulation of all of those stories. When I was in high school, I started thinking about what I was going to do after I graduated. My mother inspired me to go to school for architecture, which I did. However, I needed scholarships so I started to volunteer my time as a custodian for my high school. By the time it was over I had done nearly a hundred hours of volunteer work. In that time, I had numerous experiences, one in particular that has haunted me for ten years.

When it came to closing the school, I had to clean four different buildings throughout the night. I usually waited until last to do the gyms, because they didn't require as much work. I had heard people running on the basketball court numerous times, knowing that all the entrances into the school were locked, because I had the key, and of course, every time I would walk out of the locker rooms the noise would stop and the floor would be empty.

One night I had finished cleaning the high school gymnasium, which was connected to the lobby, lined with glass windows. Even though the lights were out in the gym, the light from the lobby illuminated the gym floor pretty well. I was making my way down the isle towards the lobby. On the other side of the gym, I could clearly see a figure walking the opposite way towards the locker rooms. I thought that perhaps it could be my shadow somehow reflecting onto the bleachers, but when I stopped this person continued to make his way down the aisle.

This person was nothing more than a thick grey mass that I could vaguely see through, because I could see reflections on the bleachers as he walked past them. I was paralyzed, because what I was seeing made no since.

What happened next I will never forget. As this person got to the end of the aisle, he placed his left hand on the railing, then turned and looked at me, with piercing glowing white eyes. He looked at me for about ten seconds, stepped one foot onto the gym floor, and vanished right in front of me.

I know what I saw, but I have no idea as to what it could've been or what it wanted. Yet, that experience, along with others, has forced me to believe that there is another part of this world that we can't explain. I don't want to get too philosophical, but as much as we want to know the truth, wouldn't it be disappointing if we knew all the secrets. I haven't seen anything like it since, can't say I want too. I have found a number of other instances; with people have had experiences with these kinds of spirits... I don't know.

I want to know more about them! Anyone have any ideas?

Best,

Truthfinder25

Other hauntings by Truthfinder25

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Truthfinder25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-15)
Truthfinder

I don't know how much truth there is to this theory, but it's a theory. I was once told that we share our space with other dimensions and sometimes a person from another dimension "slips"into ours. When that happens they don't look quite solid to us and we don't look quite solid to them. Then they "slip" back into their dimension. Now I didn't say I believed this but there have been stories on this site about people going back in time. One such story was about someone visiting New York City and he was wandering around for a bite to eat. He walked into a diner and had a fantastic meal for an insanely low price. The next day he went back to where the diner had been the evening before and it was gone! He asked a woman on the street and she told him that diner had closed years ago. I don't remember the poster but it was an interesting story. There was at least one other time slip story on here which was also interesting. So I guess the more than one dimension theory holds water.

Regards
Red
Youdrag (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-14)
You should learn the school's history. It could help with what it might be. Or learn the history of that area.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
One day I was cleaning the gym and a ghost walked in. The end.

That's why we thrive on detail.

--

Wishnot, I think it's a mixture of some ghosts meaning to show themselves, while others are more 'whoopsie' moments. Your Mr Wilfred was odd, I agree. I figured he was curious about what was going on with his/your shed. (Going from memory there, may have mixed this up with something else!) I think the reasons likely differ from ghost to ghost.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
broiquapride: I found that particular bit of information very pertinent to maintain the flow of this account. Here's a little tip of advice for you: try not to criticize another person's work unless you have the credentials to do so.

We're not here to critique. Offer assistance, advice, an explanation or tell the author you enjoyed their story. Thank you.
broiquapride (22 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
it might have just been a ghost from the past that stays there especially if others have seen it as well it may just be stuck to the grounds... A LITTLE TIP OF ADVICE: when writing a story try to stick to the story and the details of the story rather then giving an explanation about other things in your life such as school and other things... But nice story 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
Truthfinder25- After reading the other comments, I have been setting here thinking about all the different ones I have been involved with. But first one has to consider the possibility of a plain "residual" apparition. It will basically reappear in the same area doing the same thing. It's just a rerun of past times. It will not react to anything that might be there, unlike yours.

Which brings the thoughts I have been setting here thinking, whew. Do they (ghosts) choose to be seen? I had Mr. Winfred visit one day that wanted me to see him, BUT at the same time didn't want me to see him. He choose where in my visual view to show each time. But when I turned my eyes only a tiny bit to see him directly, he would disappear. What's up with that? Why go through the trouble? There are countless stories here on YGS that read the same way. Curious wonders our apparitions are.

Sorry, rambling again. But isn't it curious... 😕
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
Truthfinder, I read this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I don't really have much else to add that hasn't already been said. But today I was thinking about when we see ghosts, so often the ghosts 'sense' that we do. So many people report ghosts looking at them after being spotted, as happened to you here. Maybe it's the same as happens in the physical world. You know, you're out in public and know someones looking at you, that kind of thing. But when it happens with ghosts it seems amplified somehow. Maybe this figure noticed you testing the reflection and that's why they turned around, then wanted to know for sure if you were looking at them, so stepped into the gym.

These kinds of occurrences really make you wonder what ghosts get up to when no ones around. How many ghosts have been caught on security cameras that no one knows about simply because no alarm was set off. An amusing thought. 😉
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
Hi Truthfinder25, (fellow Arkie here) I enjoyed reading your apparition account. Such an amazing experience. I know what you mean by not being sure if you ever want to see something like that again. For me that's about being told we shouldn't be seeing these things but there's a part of me that wants answers and if seeing things such as apparitions help with those answers then so be it. I haven't always had that attitude however the older I get the braver I am.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-11)
Truthfinder25- Well another fellow Arkansan has joined the group! Welcome, great story. I am curious to what part of the state you are from.

I think both Manafon1 and Punky have made some great statements. I know I joined this group to "SEEK" the truth/answers. I believe most here have. Punky's point of the ones that KNOW very well they are being seen, I think they have various reasons in doing so. I have experienced those that want to scare the poop out of me and those that actually seek something unexplainable from me. It's a gamete of needs/expectations. Our last one basically wanted attention. And not to be left
😭

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for your next one.
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-11)
Hello Truthfinder25,

What a great read! Very well written story, I could actually see the events as they were unfolding. It is very interesting to hear that he stopped and made it a point to make eye contact with you. As Manafon said, this shows that he was acknowledging your presence and was a cognizant being.

It's interesting to see these things in their own world/dimension so to speak. The ones that have no idea they are freaking someone out with their presence! And then there are those who know very well they are being seen and they shouldn't be and yet they make it a point to be seen! 😨

Like you said, it would be AWESOME to have a manual/guide as to what goes on AFTER a person takes their last breath. The answers to everything; but at the same time what a shame that would be! It would take the wonder out of everything.

Thank you for sharing your experience! 😳
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-11)
Hi Truthfinder25--Welcome to YGS. I really enjoyed reading your account. Really sounds like you had a "classic" encounter with an apparition. Your story suggests that this apparition was cognizant of its surroundings and, more importantly, you.

You are spot on when you write that it would be disappointing if we knew all the secrets this existence contains. There are great books on parasychology and psychical research out there however that you might want to investigate. Just go online an search for serious psychical research case study and theory books. It always helps when you have had an encounter with "the unknown" to read of similar encounters and the various thought provoking theories that have been suggested as possible answers to, at least, bits of the puzzle.

Of course reading many of the stories here on YGS will show you that you aren't alone having the type of experience you had! Consider yourself lucky to have seen the apparition you saw. This stuff is unpredictable and makes life an even more interesting prospect than it already is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: