You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather and my Mother

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather and my Mother

 

My grandfather died of cancer when my mom was only 12 years old, but my mom happened to be out of the house at the time of his actual death. My grandmother told me exactly how he died. My grandfather was bed-ridden and on the edge of death for a long time. On the day of his death my grandmother was standing beside him and he said "I see jesus..." she asked him what he meant and he said that jesus was coming from the ceiling with one arm out in front of him, to take him away to heaven. My grandfather was a strong christian, and always believed that he would go to heaven when he died. My grandmother told me my grandfather then raised his hand as if to grab the hand of someone else, closed his eyes, actually raised slightly out of the bed then dropped back down and laid still. He was dead.

That night, my mom had a dream where my grandfather came to her and told her that he was in heaven and that she shouldn't worry anymore, and that he was okay. She told him she was still scared, and she instantly woke up and saw him standing at the edge of her bed. He told her personally that he was okay, and that he loved her. Then he vanished, and she felt at peace with his death.

Could this really be my grandfather that visited her?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oddfan1236, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
O yes, that was forsure him. Thats amazing how he came and said his last goodbyes to your mom, my cousin did that with me but came in a dream to tell me how he is doing. I still think about that dream all the time. And it did give me a lot of Peace knowing that he is doing great and he even looked better than ever!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
Yes, it was your grandfather, oddfan. So many times if we share these types of occurrences we are told that we are only overcome with grief and we want to see that person again. Well, sure we want to see them, but we are not always afforded that chance. It is a true sign of love when the spirit of a loved one visits us after crossing over, and he did make that journey. Thank you for the love story.
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-22)
I agree with everyone. After my son passed away, I have dreamed of him quite often. I actually woke up once still hearing him laughing. Thank you for sharing. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Absolutely! I agree with Shane. Many souls have these encounters when someone dear passes on. Often, they come in the dream stages so as not to frighten, also I believe us to be more aware and willing to accept their message in the dream phase.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless! ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi oddfan. I do believe that this was your Grandfather letting your Mother know that he was in Heaven and happy. Like Shane stated, often family members return to let you know they are okay and that they love you. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi, oddfan. I also agree it was your grandfather. It's lovely that his final experience was such a gentle and comforting one. Thanks for sharing your story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Loved ones often return to let their family know that they are okay and that they love us as much as we love them. To answer your question more directly, yes I believe it was him.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: