You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Is My Daughter A Sensitive?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Daughter A Sensitive?

 

I have shared on this sight before and I am truly starting to believe that I am a sensitive. This is not something I want and it is not something that I like to dwell on.

I have two daughters, they are 11 and 2. My 11 year old has never been afraid of anything. She never wanted to sleep with a light on or climb into bed with me. Even as a toddler she was independent and fearless. My two year old daughter started out the same way. I could put her to bed and not hear a peep out of her. She was happy and content alone in her room.

I have always sensed things and felt things for as long as I can remember. I have largely ignored these things because I don't want to feel it or deal with it. I'm not ashamed to say it scares me and I want nothing to do with it.

Like I said, I have had experiences, but I believed things had been pretty quiet for me in my present home. We have lived there for about a year and a half.

Memorial Day I was home with my girls and my husband had to work. I was in my bedroom ironing. My two year old was on my bed playing with blocks. My dog was snoozing on the floor. My 11 year old was in her room doing her own thing. Suddenly, my dog jumped up from his nap barking and at full alert. At that same time the TV in my bedroom turned on. The remote was still sitting on the dresser, far out of reach of me or my daughter. I thought, that was strange, but dismissed it as nothing and went about my day.

This Saturday (2 weeks after the TV incident) my 2 year old was happily playing in her room with baby dolls. I walked out of her room to go put away some towels I was folding. I had been out of her room for maybe 3-4 minutes (this is not unusual, she will play in her room independently) when she started screaming for me and came running down the hallway and literally leapt into my arms. Something had clearly frightened her. All she would say is, "Man scare me." Now she will not go into her room. She cries hysterically if I even try.

Looking back, I now know that I sensed things about the house. There were times I thought I saw things out of the corner of my eye. One night as I was falling asleep I know I felt something tug my foot. One time I was in the laundry room and the door slammed on its own. ALL of these things I dismissed as my imagination, I was dozing off, so I must have been dreaming, a draft. I am rational and don't wish to have me or my family frightened, but I think it is undeniable that there is something strange. The thing is, I don't think it matters where I am, spirits are everywhere and I feel them.

What I am starting to believe is my 2 year old can sense and see these things like me and my 11 year old cannot. Does that seem possible?

Also as a side note, I live in a neighborhood in the New Orleans area where people died during Hurricane Katrina. I don't believe anyone in the actual house died, but I know they did in my neighborhood. We are the first to live in the remodeled home since the storm.

Any advice would be helpful. I am not a ghost hunter and do not seek these things out. I just don't want my little girl to be afraid.

Other hauntings by nolasara

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nolasara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mjames (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-15)
NolaSara -- You and your kids are certainly special to have the sensitivity to experience these things. I wouldn't be afraid but moreso feel blessed. To protect your children from fear or untrustworthy entities, each night, light white candles (scented gardenia, lavender, white pine) and have a game where you all sing a pleasant song of love, happiness and togetherness. Only good, protective energies will be able to penetrate your happy home.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hi nolasara,

I didn't notice anything odd about my son, but with my daughter is different... As soon as I have some spare time I will share an experience. As it'll have to be very detailed in order to understand the whole process I can't do it right now.
I think that you are doing the right thing by not instigating more fear.
Still, I'd like to help you a bit more but to be honest I need some guidance too.

Sincerely ❤
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
BeautInside,
I noticed things with my youngest very early on. Never with my older one though. And as my younger daughter is getting older I notice much more fear in her. I keep assuring her as small as she is that she doesn't have to be afraid, I just pray I am doing the right thing and hoping that something isn't terrorizing her.
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
This may sound totally bizarre, but just this weekend we had an experience. I was making soap. As a hobby I make candles and bars of soap. My husband was in the kitchen with me while I was pouring up soap and the children were both asleep. Plain as day we hear a kind of whine like a child does and a pouty, "want to help." We BOTH heard it. We froze and looked at each other and he simply said, "I heard it too."
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hi nolasara,

I understand your position at so many levels... I sense many things that I shouldn't, only to learn later that I was right about feeling them. Not to mention other past things.
Besides that, I think my 10 month baby girl feels things too (if I can call it this way). I am a proud mom of 2 and I also have a 3 year old little man and never noticed anything out of the ordinary with him, but it takes a different turn when it comes to my baby girl... When I have a little more time I will share an experience I had with my daughter when she was only 2 months old so that everybody can understand why I am relating to this situation.
But I have always heard that children are more sensitive to the other side.

Take care and the best to you and your family. ☺
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-09)
Nolasara

Although I agree with Rook and spiritwaiting, sometimes all it takes to get a spirit to leave your house is to tell it that it is not welcome and you want it to leave. If it doesn't leave go to Rooks profile page for his cleansing/shielding method. This method will only remove malevolent spirits mind you, it will not remove good spirits.

Regards
Red
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I didn't expect to receive such helpful feedback. It is much appreciated. I will visit Rook's page and see what I can do to protect us and start reading about what it is to be an empathy/sensitive. Thank you all again.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Nolasara,

I agree with Arisanlady, you are definitely a sensitive/empath.

You can use these abilities to your advantage.
I understand these can be scary and downright terrifying when encountering something that doesn't seem human, or in a physical body.

But you can use these abilities to your advantage.

Like Artisanlady posted you can definitely find a lot of information that can help you with building it up, so it doesn't continue to bother you.

As for now I would try a shielding for you and your daughter.

Look on Rooks page, there's a great way to help keep it at bay.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Its not a special case for your daughter. Children being weak both physically and mentally are easy and prone targets of these entities. She's sensitive or not, you'll come to know when she'll grow up but for now you cannot say anything. Take care. And try something like cleansing of your house.

Thanks for Sharing 😊
Artisanlady (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Only rarely, I kind-of sensed there was a sad energy in my house when I bought it, but I thought we would freshen it up and bring a lot of happiness to it. I never really expected there to be an actual ghost here. But since then, I've seen it flash me with a light the size and appearance of a firefly. I've also experienced tingling sensations (my story will probably post in a few days.)
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Thank you! I will do that. Artisanlady, Do you feel spirits as well? Can you sense when someone else, who you can't physically see, is in the room?
Artisanlady (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
You're probably an empath like me, someone who "feels" energy from people and places, sometimes even objects. Read Highly Intuitive People by Heidi Sawyer. Or right now google empaths. Probably shouldn't go further since this is for ghost related topics, but read as much as you can (look into audio books if you can't find time.)
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
I don't exactly know what to do with this "sense", "ability", I don't even know what to call it. I just remember as a child being afraid of things I felt or thought I saw and being told over and over again it was just my imagination and if I told it to go away, it would. I always just thought this was my way of calming myself down. I posted one other story on here about a guardian who saved me in my opinion. That was different though. I wasn't afraid of her. I feel kind of crazy to be honest. I hear things and sense things. I can sense the energy of a place when I walk in. Not sure if it's a gift, but I certainly have no idea what to do with it.
Artisanlady (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
In my opinion (not a professional, but have read hundreds of books and am sensitive myself). You are definitely sensitive to astral plane energies and are in an area where there would be a lot. I also agree with Rook that children are sensitive at that age because they haven't been away from heaven that long, that's not to say they will retain their sensitivity. Sometimes that depends on whether you foster it or encourage it as a parent or whether you don't. I hope you will:) Good Luck and don't be afraid of your abilities, it's a gift from God!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Children under the age of 5 are still close to what I (my opinion here folks) call the veil. Its a divide, wall, barrier call it what you will between the spirit world and the physical world.

Young Children being 'close' to this 'VEIL' allows theM to still 'see' across it to the 'other side'.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: