You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Not A Believer, But

Real Ghost Stories

Not A Believer, But

 

Please let me start off by saying I am the most sceptical person out there but these are the facts.

I brought my family, wife and 2 kids, to Edinburgh for a 4 night stay. We were lucky enough to get central accommodation as this was the time of the Fringe festival. We managed to get a Georgian type apartment, still had old high skirting boards, tall broad doors, high ceilings and grand stone floors.

Our bedroom was very spacious and the bed we had was a large 4 post bed. Unfortunately the kids only had a mattress that we pulled from under our bed, but comfortable for a boy of 7 and a girl of 6. At night time we could pull hinged boards over the windows to block out any city light. The room was pitch black apart from a small amber nightlight that we had brought for our son, who was afraid of the dark.

The first night we went to sleep I awoke by my son shaking my arm, telling me he had a sore head. This is a regular occurrence as our son was born with abnormalities to the brain and would often awake. My wife told me to go and get calpol from the kitchen. I sat up in the bed and then noticed my daughter standing at the bottom of the bed still half asleep, head down and hair draped over her face. I said to myself 'he's woke her up too'.

I walked past them and into the kitchen, got the calpol and walked straight back in. My daughter was lying on the mattress, covers over, sprawled out and slightly snoring, that quiet snore she does when she was in a deep sleep. My daughter never moved an inch, call it a parents' intuition but I just knew she hadn't. I thought this was very strange but down to my sceptical view, I got my son settled back to sleep and dosed off myself.

The next morning at breakfast I told my wife what had happened and as soon as I described what I saw, I seen her face turn into a more worried expression. 'I seen a wee girl standing at the bottom of the bed last night too' she told me. I asked 'Was that when Ethan was up'? 'No' she said 'this was later on'.

Now I'm not a believer but...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BigJohnBoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-18)
It's nice to have an experience that didn't spook you to the point of not being able to enjoy your trip. It added to the weekend and was another memory to keep close. Those are my favorites. I'm not a person who has many sightings or experiences, but I do believe there are parallel dimensions and residual imprints in our world only some people have the gift of seeing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
HI BigJohnBoy, Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. You are a non-believer as you said. But still, I would like to tell you that there are certain things in the world, which are beyond our rational way of thinking and could happen, again beyond reasoning. It happens even at scientific arena, especially quantum theory. Paranormal is a science and people in this site have encountered experiences, some have sighted and others felt.

As far as your experience is concerned, it is quite strange. As ashar said, it would have been better if you had investigated further with regard to the place, where you stayed. If you had, please do share with us. Perhaps it could throw more light.

Once again thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
That creeped me out! Even though you are scepital I dare to tell it must've got into your nerves... That makes me believe you 100 percent!
Thank you for sharing this experience. ☺

Take care.
brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Wow, creepiest experience. I agree with ashar123 it may be worth looking into the property to see if you come up with any answers.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
The creepiest experience one can ever undergo. The story is going to my fav.

It can be a residual haunting. I think that finding the history of the place may answer many questions.

Thanks for sharing! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: