You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Non Believer

Real Ghost Stories

The Non Believer

 

My brother-in-law came home from work last night and described that he saw something strange moving quickly across the road up ahead but when he got there, there wasn't anything there. He kind of believes in aliens but not ghosts so he told us he thought he saw an alien or "something". He knows that I have seen ghosts and lived in the haunted house of Hinsdale NY before the people who told the story, so he looked up ghosts for Salem, Ohio and saw a picture of EXACTLY what he saw. It was posted here on this site under Crybaby Bridge. I think this just may have made him a believer.

Thanks for reading just thought I would share this.

I wish you could have seen his face and heard his voice while he was describing his experience... It was one of shock, wonder, awe, disbelieving, realization all wrapped up at once...

I just didn't think I would see the day that he actually became to believe in ghosts...

Just an added note:

We are new to Ohio but you can bet I WILL be checking on different sites for hauntings near by once we can start going

Out in public again. I look forward to discovering all the wonders and hopefully experiencing some actual ghosts hanging

Around different spots, but I don't plan on bringing any attachments home with me; so therefore I Will be going on these

Tours AFTER properly protecting myself and others who accompany me.

If you know of any truly reputable ghostly places to go feel free to share them with me.

I would truly appreciate it.

Be Safe, Be Healthy,

Crazy4Tulips

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crazy4Tulips, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-06)
WontTellYouMyName - You have introduced a degree of aggression which is totally uncalled for.

None of the comments here are insulting or patronising. The readers are requesting clarification. I personally feel that there is a possibility that her BIL witnessed something other than the crybaby incident. We are asking for further clarification, full stop.

To state that members of this forum consider themselves to be paranormal encyclopedias, are arrogant and conceited, is merely your very misguided opinion.

You will also note that the OP undertook to participate in the discussion so no, you are wrong on that score as well, this is not a "read-only account".

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
WontTellYouMyName,

I don't think it's silly. People who go to this site like to discuss the paranormal. This is how we do that. No serious person on this site calls themselves an expert.

I do agree with one thing: we aren't likely to get any participation from the OP's brother in law.

This comment from WontTellYouMyName is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-05)
Crazy4Tulips - I have to agree with the comments made. As readers we want to know exactly what your BIL saw.

I read the submission you referred to and also noted that there were a number of comments by readers who gave logical reasons for what the author experienced. I also googled the Salem Crybaby Bridge and it is very interesting, sounds of a crying baby and so on.

I do believe that people have had paranormal experiences in that area but perhaps not all are connected to the unfortunate woman and her baby.

Nevertheless, many of us would like to know precisely what your BIL encountered.

Regards, Melda
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Thanks lady-glow for the visual reinforcement. It seems the non-believer had an epiphany based upon seeing a strange mist. This is a unique threshold to cross to change from being a skeptic to a believer, but we all have our thresholds. Hopefully, you and your friend can now form a constructive partnership that will work together to research the paranormal and share your findings with the rest of us.
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Hi, Crazy4Tulips! Perhaps your BIL didn't provide enough detail for a more descriptive story, so I don't know what to say about this particular experience. But it sounds like you're happy he experienced something for once! ❤ Could you please share your NY experiences in another submission? I'm interested in hearing about that very much! Thanks!
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Hello Crazy4Tulips,

I agree with sds there is nothing much comment since we still lack any detailed information to deduct anything. Thank you for providing the account of the other O/P as a comparison.

A lot of appreciation for lady-glow to put efforts for searching the mentioned account.

I will say unless you have a clear picture of the incident we can't compare the two as the entity witnessed by you and the other O/P can be entirely different.

Does your brother-in-law saw anything else after this incident on the same road?

Is the road prone to any hauntings?

Have anyone else witnessed anything similar there?

I hope you will be able to find something resourceful in your search to answer the queries.

Till then...

Take care

Peace
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Here's the link to the story mentioned by the OP:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=2097

Crazy4Tulips.

Welcome to YGS.

Basically, your BIL saw a mist crossing the road ahead of him.

The first thing to do would be to think about any possible logical explanations for this mist, like weather conditions or if it was produced by something on the proximity.

You say that the fog wasn't there when he got to the spot where he saw it but, did he get off his car and checked the surrounding area or did he kept driving?
Have you asked/heard other people talk about seeing the mist?

Anyway, it seems like it didn't take too much for your BIL to change his mind about the existence of ghosts.

Thanks for sharing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Hello Crazy4Tulips, well there is nothing to comment except that your brother-in-law came home to say that he saw something moving across the road and when he reached the place, he saw nothing. With this narrative and without any further info, it is not possible to comment.

I don't know how Mods have allowed this narrative without any other information. No offence meant. Covid effect?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: