You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Pot Wrapped in a Red Cloth

Real Ghost Stories

The Pot Wrapped in a Red Cloth

 

My friend Himanshu Singh lives in power grid. In India, power grids are generally made at the graveyard because of lack of land. Daily, a security vehicle takes the round of the boundary at night to make sure there is no thief or something like that. One day in the same job, the driver and the other security guard saw a pot lying on the center of the road, wrapped in a red cloth. In Indian tradition, generally the soul is believed to be stored in such pots after the death of a person. The guards were superstitious and they thought to remove the pot from the road rather then crushing it. So one of them got down from the car and kept the pot aside. As soon as he again went to the car, he saw a lady running behind their car in white cloths, screaming in a shrill voice. The next day they told this incident to the manager and resigned their job.

One more incident, in power grid every year in the festival of Durga Puja, there used to be a statue of goddess Durga. As usual the guards were taking the round of the boundary. As soon as they reached near the graveyard, they heard screaming voices. They moved further and saw that demonesses were jumping out of such a high and large boundary. They were astonished and told this to the directors of the grid.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Udit Agrawal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
From what I gather, the second incident was reported during Durga Puja and an idol of the goddess is also mentioned. Maybe it was in the vicinity where these 'demonesses' operate. They got scared of the goddess and started to flee.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+3
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
Hi Udit, Your name reminds me of the famous singer Udit Narayan. Thanks for the story I like to read such stories related to paranormal incidents. It was a very scaring story i.e. The real incident. Goddess Durga is related to destroying the evils & enlightening the Justice & Light due to which we celebrate Navratri.

The demoness who jumped from such a height, I am sure that the demoness has seen the Vishwaroop of Goddess Durga who is Parashakti so the demoness had left the place.

Just ask your friend that the place is haunted or not presently. Thanks for the Story God Bless You. Take Care.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
Thank you so, uch for sharing your story with us!

I would guess that with these homes being built on or so close to a grave yard with power lines near, they may be a lot of energy with which entities may manifest.

How frightening!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
Oooh, OK. Thanks for the info Massive_Lemon (Interesting name, by the way 😉) I have been checking in on this one just to see what was all of that. Appreciate it.
Massive_Lemon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_grid
Those are power grids. Seems they build them atop graveyards in India. From what I read, the guards patrol the power grid/graveyards to catch any would-be thieves, and while on patrol, found a pot wrapped in red cloth, representing the soul of a dead person. As the guard moved it, a ghost appeared screaming. The second event is unrelated to the first, except for the fact that it occurred at a power grid/graveyard. By demonessess, maybe he means female demons, and by jumping out of a high and large boundary, maybe they jumped higher than the power poles?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hello Udit, I'm a little lost too. What are the power grids exactly? ARE they INSIDE the graveyards? Some of the story is very clear to me, but other parts I'm afraid I just do not understand, I'm sorry. I am anxiously awaiting the answers to these questions. Thanks for the story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hi Udit. Do you think, maybe, someone was playing a prank on the security guards with the pot with the red cloth on it? Someone could have put it there in the middle of the road knowing that the security guards would get out of the vehicle to remove it. So, when they did that, someone would come out in the typical white, ghostly clothing running and screaming to scare them. What do you mean that your friend lives in the power grids that are in the graveyard? 😕 I don't think I've ever heard the word 'demonesses'. And what do you mean by the demonesses jumping out of a high and large boundary? I'm sorry. I understand half of the story. The biggest question is the power grid and the graveyard with your friend living in the power grid. 😕 ~Shelby
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hi Udit, Could you tell me more about "demonesses were jumping out of such a high and large boundary"?
Was this related to Durga? If so, then in what way?
Are powergrids apartments in the middle of graveyards?
Thank you for your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: