You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure At Office Door

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure At Office Door

 

It was just another ordinary day at work. I had just got promoted to a better job and I had a lot of freedom. I mean, all I do is watch a computer screen. I had just finished what little work I have to do for the day; life was great. It was just starting to get late and I sat back in my chair to relax. I work until 11pm and it was 8:10pm. I decided to do some paper work to pass the time, when I had a very uneasy feeling. At first I just dismissed it as me being nervous, since I was the only one watching the place.

Then I started getting this feeling I was being watched. It was a strong feeling and I once again ignored it. I looked at the clock again 8:22pm. Then I noticed something weird out of the corner of my eye. Looking over towards the door there was a pitch black figure standing at the door. A sudden fear came over me. It was just standing there staring at me almost touching the door, but it didn't move. Where I work I have a office, then there's ab open room that holds a boiler. The figure was standing outside my office door but inside the boiler room.

I was really nervous. It made me panic a bit I noticed it was pitch black and had no face, yet I felt like it was staring deep into my soul. I decided maybe it was just my imagination so I took out my phone and took a picture. The whole time I did this it didn't move once. That really freaked me out so I turned out the light inside the office. There was still some lights outside but I did this so it couldn't see me as well. When I turned it off I could still see it staring back at me. It didn't move once. I got so scared I was literally shaking. I then realized that turning the light out just made me feel more scared so I turned it back on and when I did the figure vanished.

I still have the picture as proof. It's creepy. I showed it to my fellow coworkers that come in before and after me. They said that they as well, feel like they are being watched often. They also said they they have looked up and seen a dark figure dash by but never got a good look at what it was. And to make matters even worse I noticed it was wearing an odd jacket. The jacket was black as well but it could be made out as a jacket or hoodie.

A man had been killed by a forklift just weeks before, and after showing the picture around to my fellow coworkers, the ones that knew the guy really well would look at me with horror and say "That looks just likes Steve's jacket."

I wish I knew what this figure was and is it just a coincidence that there was a death here too?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mour8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trumpjr16 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
I would like to see this... Picture that you say you took please. Then I will talk:)
Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-11)
Can you post the picture? Would love to see it because I've also seen dark shadow people out of the corner of my eye countless times but never have had the chance to get a good look at them like you did.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-22)
Question:

Has this...

"I showed it to my fellow coworkers that come in before and after me. They said that they as well, feel like they are being watched often. They also said they they have looked up and seen a dark figure dash by but never got a good look at what it was."

Been going on longer than...

"A man had been killed by a forklift just weeks before..." this individual passing?

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
micasa (17 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-21)
I, for one, would love to see this picture you took. I'll hold my thoughts about this until then.
Thank for sharing.
britt728 (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Hey there, mour. That's a very freaky experience and I hope you won't have to deal with that for long. Do you still work there? And do you have a relationship with God? If so, try saying the Lord's Prayer as soon as you begin your shift each day and talk to God (amongst yourself) all throughout the day and thank Him for His Protection. Also, if you still have it, pleeeeeaaaase post the picture. It's pure torture and tease when folks on here say they have pictures but never post them lol. Thank you for posting your experience.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-18)
I've seen "shadow" people before but I don't know that I would call them that. The house I grew up in had one. At least when I looked at him he was all black but seemed to be wearing a t-shirt and jeans. My aunt saw him and he looked just like a regular person. I saw my grandmother as a shadow person. What I am saying is perhaps these shadow people can't materialize yet as anything but a shadow person. Or it could be something with the person seeing them.
I wouldn't fear him as he may not know he is dead. That or he doesn't know how to move on yet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: