You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Playful Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Playful Ghosts

 

The house I grew up in was build by my dad in 1989. Its located I a quiet family house area in a small old town in the north of Germany.

Strange things started already to happen under the building process. My dad would be at the building area every day, while my mum was back home with me and my siblings.

One evening, my dad was cleaning the area for the night, a dark big furry dog came up to my dad and looked at him like he wanted to play. My dad thought the dog might belong to one of the neighbours and started playing with him before going back home.

From that day the dog came back every evening to the building area and one evening my mum was there as well - but she couldn't see the dog sitting right in front of my dad. My dad thought first my mum was joking, but the dog really was invisible to her!

After the house was finished the dog didn't return, but other strange things started to happen. Books would fall out the shelves, we heard footsteps, a jam jar on the table moved a bit in front of our eyes (nobody touched it or sat close to it) and random things would disappear and turn up again at the strangest places.

My room was on the top floor, right next to my brothers room.

Something about his room always creeped me out. The room felt much colder than every other room in the house and I always had the feeling that someone watched me from his room or in his room.

My brother uses to lift his shoulders and says: "I don't know,...maybe..." when I ask him if he ever experienced anything strange in his room.

One evening, and that was maybe the scariest event that happened to me in our house, I was doing my school homework. It started getting late and as I was sitting there trying to concentrate I could hear my brother playing the guitar through the wall.

The guitar music got louder and more aggressively and I knocked against the wall to signal to him that I was disturbed by his play. It stopped - and even answered with knocking back.

I continued my homework and suddenly the guitar playing started again, louder than before. I knocked against the wall and it stopped - and knocked back.

I was really pissed off by then but continued doing my homework, and of course, the guitar playing started again.

I got up and went to his door, ready to burst into his room, but found his door locked.

I had enough and, yeah I was a child then, went downstairs to tell my mum.

My mum looked very surprised when I told her about my brother playing guitar, answering my knocking and locking his door. She told me that she was pretty sure he wasn't home. He was supposed to stay at his girlfriends home that night.

I told her that I'm a 100% sure he IS home and that he locked himself into his room.

My mum and I went upstairs and we entered his UNlocked room. It was cold, my brother wasn't there and his guitar was standing in the corner where it belonged.

Well, if my brother would have been there we would definitely heard him leave while I was downstairs talking to my mum. He's been at his girlfriends place the whole evening.

My parents still live in the house and they still experience things there. So do I and my siblings when we visit. But whatever is in our house or on the ground it's build on, seems playful and my parents told me they feel like the ghost just says: "Don't forget about me, I'm still here". It seems like I'm the only one who is scared of it. And the ghost probably knows that...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
Maybe it was something dredged up by previous resident (pre 1634) and became active again when humans once again inhabited the area? Like a water spirit, given the proximity of the sea, a nixie or a nokken. The Cu Sith is a Scottish black dog earth spirit, may look up him to note similarities to whatever is in your parents' house too. Doesn't sound human anyway.

I don't think you have to be different to be noticed, after all your brother was witness to similar things, he just made himself scarce and ignored it. You, on the other hand, paid attention to it and knocked or yelled at it to stop annoying you.
youka (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
In 1634 a storm destroyed the coastland and a flood swept away large amounts of Nordstrand, including complete villages... The land was reclaimed in the 18th century. Our house is build close to an old town, an "old" part of Nordstrand, but the house itself is build on "new/reclaimed" land. Layers and layers of mud... My father found shards of old pottery in the ground when he cleared the area (I called him and asked him to remember). I'm convinced that the spirit is attached to the place where we built the house and I feel it is just one spirit. The dog, the guitar player, the poltergeist, the stalker, it's the same spirit and it seems intelligent and humorous...I'm living in Norway now and I got my own house and family, but I still feel like a scared teenager when I'm visiting my parents and I have problems hiding that from my own children. I don't want them to be scared in their grandparents home... I don't think the spirit would do us any harm but I know it's there and watches us and I'm not able to relax when I'm in the house, especially in my brothers old room... I'm an open person and sometimes I do sense things, feelings and energies most people don't...that makes me probably an attractive victim. But this spirit seems so old, strong and intelligent, it just scares me! I can't even say how I think the spirit looks like or if it does have a gender...it's just very unpredictable...
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
youka- Welcome to YGS. Biblio suggested the possibilities of a tie with the land involved. Which I would consider as well. I wonder if with your father building a new, and possibly LARGER house, new and different furniture may have been introduced to the house. There is always the possibility that something may be attached to an old piece of furniture or any type of object that wasn't owned before.

Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
Thanks for the clarification, youka.

I looked up Nordstrand on Google images: your home looks like it is in a really lovely area! I think I've been as far north as Hamburg (with Dad on a work-related trip), and it looks like I've missed out on seeing something special.

The information about the spirit dog still suggests a nature spirit of some sort, but it seems to have attached itself to your family and to your home. As everyone seems to have experienced this entity, and the rest of your family find it humorous or interesting, is there something about you which clearly distinguishes you from everyone else? It may be that you don't share everyone else's religious beliefs or lack thereof, you may have a different hair color, etc. If you can't think of anything which makes you noticeably different from the rest of your family, then my remaining ideas would have no validity in helping you determine why it enjoys upsetting/scaring you.

You have my sincere best wishes, and my apologies that my reactions have not been as helpful as I had hoped.
Biblio.
youka (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
My father is an architect and since the house was his personal project he was the first person to arrive the building area and the last person to leave it. The dog appeared when he was alone, and once when my mother was there. And no, I don't think they had to clear the area for old trees. I come from the north, close to Denmark and the land is pretty flat and we got way more grass than trees. It's actually "new land", Nordstrand, if you want to look it up or read about this area. It got swallowed by the north sea and won back by sheep farmers...
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-25)
Greetings, youka, and welcome to YGS.

For your dad to have built a multi-storey home, he must clearly know what he is doing with regard not only to construction but also the building regulations which apply to residences in the Land/Freistaat where you live. I freely admit to being more familiar with the central and southern portions of Deutschland, so if I'm predicating the following question upon an erroneous assumption, please forgive me.

Did your father need to fell any tall trees to clear the land for construction? I know that the northern Staaten tend to be less mountainous than the central/southern ones, but I'm not clear on how far north the dense forests reach. As you've described a semi-invisible dog wanting attention, your feeling of being watched, and the presence of a skilled guitarist, I'm wondering if there was a tall tree -or grove of trees- which may have housed some sort of nature spirit who is now curious about you and your family.

I may be in error in my guess, but I don't think it would hurt to ask your dad a few questions about the land *before* he built the house.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: