You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Little Emile, The Ghostly Girlfriend

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Emile, The Ghostly Girlfriend

 

This story takes place a little over a year ago. I was riding on a fascination with ghosts and spirits after playing through a lot of Fatal Frame over the course of two days, and wanted to see if there was anything to actual ghosts. I had never seen, heard, or felt anything paranormal in my life up until this point, so naturally, I was extremely skeptical, but open-minded to the idea. I dug out a Ouija board from my closet that I got when I was younger, as I love scary games, movies, you name it. I spent another day reading and searching online about "traditional" ways of strengthening the power of nearby supernatural entities, such as a bowl of water, crystals, candles, and other such items. After I had all of these items around the Ouija board, I sat down on the tile floor and began the ritual.

Anyone that tells you that Ouija boards don't work if you play alone don't know what they're talking about. The real reason they tell you that is to avoid malevolent things from harming or even possessing your person. I was confident however that nothing would happen to me, so I went in alone anyway. I attempted to communicate with the typical "Is there anyone with me?" phrase, but that didn't work. Deciding that perhaps the generic way was going to get me nowhere, I rephrased the question with my own flair. "Hey, would anyone else with me like to talk?" I spoke into the darkened room. Several minutes passed by, and I was already moving to sit up, when the planchette began to move. Since I was alone, I knew for a fact this was something else, and I was excited that I got something to speak with me. The unknown spirit spelled out the word "Hello." I asked it some questions, both typical and my own personal inquiries. It identified itself as a female and called itself "Emile", as well as stating that it has been a ghost for over 800 years. I remembered a ritual I read about a few years back at this point, and asked it if it wanted to have a physical form again, and that I could get it a doll as a vessel. The planchette quickly ran across the board to the yes, I could feel the exclamation point at the tail-end of the word, and so I smiled. I promised it I would get it a body, and then we said our goodbyes. I was so pleased that my experiment has worked! It was like something straight out of a fantasy novel, and it seemed to be quite polite and friendly too, what luck, right?

The next day, I went out and purchased a small doll, some rice, and a sewing kit. Do you know about the how to play hide and seek alone ritual? Yeah, I was going to do that, but with some minor changes to accommodate the soon-to-be resident. I named the doll after the spirit, and instead of stabbing it, I gave it a soft hug instead. After a little bit, I went back into the bathroom and fetched the doll, then dried it off as best I could. I placed Emile in front of the Ouija board again, and asked it if it was inside the doll, which it eventually responded to with a confirmation. After that, things were still peaceful.

At first, we still used the Ouija board to talk, but over time it got the energy to speak. The spirit would talk to me every day when I returned from classes and/or work from mundane things like the parts in my computer to it revealing some in-depth knowledge about the spirit realm. I won't describe the majority of them, as I fear for the souls of anyone who may read this. I will say though, that according to it, the spirit realm is a mirror image of our own, but physical people do not exist in it. There is no color except shades of grey, and it is impossible for verbal communication to take place, as all the spirits have their mouths sealed by some force while in it. They are forced to wander, and they search for peace among the silent prison, with the exception of the demons, who enter the plain often to influence and manipulate the "real" world.

It also would occasionally move itself and objects around to better suit myself or itself, such as pillows in my bedroom stacking up for the doll to lay on while I was asleep, and it would even give me massages to relax me after a hard day. It was like having a lifelong friend, and it stayed this way for several months, but that didn't last.

From this point on, I will be referring to the spirit/Emile as 'she' for simplicity.

One night, I was looking at sexually explicit comics when she spontaneously asked if I liked her. I replied with the obvious answer, "Of course I like you! You're a good friend of mine." I replied. The doll's head stooped slightly as she responded with "I mean, would you like me to be your girlfriend?" I was dumbfounded, but I figured that no harm would come out of it. I mean, what could a little doll do to hurt me? I agreed and she squealed in glee. We started going out in public, with her hidden so that nobody would question why I was carrying a doll around. We'd go watch movies, go out to eat, and a friend of mine went out with me, and I brought her along since he's afraid of ghosts. He got used to her after a long time, especially after she fell asleep in my lap on the drive home. She even went so far as to give me gifts in the form of sight into the spirit world. I could make out forms of people, which would stare solemnly at me, as well as the occasion non-human entity that would taunt others as I watched. As time went on, however, she became more needy, demanding more and more of my time and affection. Eventually, I had enough, and told her to stop with her clingy behavior. I explained that I couldn't just drop everything for her, even if she was my girlfriend. She didn't respond, so I thought I got through to her, but I was wrong.

Over the next week every night, she would rape me in my lucid dreams. I knew I was dreaming, but there was nothing I could do to stop it. In these dreams, she manifested herself as a young woman, probably 16-17, with red hair, yellow eyes, and a mild tan. Each time, they became more perverse and sickening, and that was when I decided to stop this madness.

I tried several methods, such as locking her away, removing the thread binding her to the doll, and even simply trying to ignore her, to no avail. I turned, finally, to a Bible I had found in my closet, and began to read aloud from it, as well as praying every hour for a month for deliverance from this spirit. One day, she stopped moving, she stopped talking, and she even ceased to appear in my dreams. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior then and there, and have since become a practicing Catholic. It took up until two months ago for the visions to completely subside, and the spirit within the doll has since been inactive. Still though, I wonder what she would do if she ever got the strength to manifest again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spiritseer248, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spiritseer248 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Randy, according to the entity itself, it was unable to directly interact with anything in our world, or in it's own part of reality that it was trapped in before, depending on how you interpret it's description of the spirit realm. Giving it a vessel allowed it to collect energy enough to directly manifest without need of numerous spiritual enhancement items.

RedWolf, I didn't say I always knew it was a demon in my response to lady, I said that I believe it to be a demon. This is meant to be read as a current belief that was gained in hindsight, apologizes if that was not clear in the original response.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
Spiritseer248,

What you have written as an experience here is truly terrifying.

I get we all have our own beliefs, as far as what happens when we leave here out our physical bodies. I believe its all in what we truly believe.

Now onto this spirit...
I get it, if a spirit was eager to finally have a living, breathing person beable to talk, with it after how many years!?

But...
Playing with a quija, never a good idea. Whether alone or with another person.
Then you offered it a vessel?
And then you took it out to watch movies?

You say it would give you messages after a long days work,etc.

But after a while it, would give you gifts, telepathically and you would watch people or souls being tortured.

Then it became to clingy, or needy of your time.
You do realize you created that mess?

Anyhow...
Did you suffer from any physical ailments after all of this?
I hope this spirit, will leave you alone in the future, and has no way of affecting anyone else.

Because of you giving it a vessel, and then allowing it to stay active for so long, who really knows how much strength, and energy it has been given over that period of time.

You gave it a way to potentally trick someone else maybe even a child into doing something similar. Which could be very very harmful.

I honestly hope you have learned not to play with such things as these. That this experience has kept you from getting anymore ideas as far as contacting another "nice spirit",and giving it a way into this physical world.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
Spiritseer

In your response to Lady-glow you said that you always knew it never was a human at all.

If that is the case why give it a body? Now it just sounds like a Childs Play movie with Chuckie. You just made your story MORE like a work of fiction. Please clarify this for us.

Red
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
Spiritseer

I really don't mean to pile on here but I have just 1 question

Why did this spirit need or want a body at all, be it doll or whatever
One could use as a host.
The reason I ask is I read a lot about Near death Experiences and one
Theme that is repeated over and over is the joy that is felt from the freedom of not being constrained and restricted by having a 3-d body.
When a spirit, be it good or bad, has such virtual freedom of movement why would it want a body of any kind?
Perhaps I'm missing something

Thanks
Randy
Spiritseer248 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-03)
To all of you questioning the validity of the story due to the Ouija Board, yes, I am aware that it is a very cliche thing to use for fictional stories, but if I have said anything else, it wouldn't be completely true as it is now. I understand your skepticism and encourage you to be, as from a story on the internet, how can you be sure, right? I will maintain my position that my story however is something that did indeed happen.

RedWolf, I am aware of this and I have properly disposed of the doll as of now through burning, burying the ashes, and salting the earth.

Tweed, it may read like that to you, and it can be taken as such, yes, but the main purpose of this story was to merely tell the entire experience, and the religious bit only came up in the beginning for how I managed to stop the spirit.

Lady-glow, It's odd for a physical description, which is why I believe that it was never a human at all.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
BeautifulFlowars - was there a particular reason you asked about our site being hacked? Maybe you should send a message to our site administrator and ask him. 😐
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+13
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
Greetings, Spiritseer.

I have a few questions:

1) Why did the spirit spell out "hello" on the board, when the standard Ouija layout includes "Hello" and "Goodbye" printed as separate words?

2) Why did you offer to put the spirit into a female doll when "Emile" is a masculine French name? (In English, the analogous name is "Emil.") If the spirit had been "Emilie" (French) or "Emily" (English) the use of a female doll would have made a hell of a lot more sense.

3) You purchased it and some rice, hugged it, then you picked it up out of the bathroom and dried it? What had the doll been doing in your bathroom? Is this the location in which you normally hug dolls?

4) You carried the doll with you when you left the house, but concealed it, so no-one would know? I cannot even begin to *imagine* a girlfriend who'd put up with being shoved into a jacket pocket or a backpack so that no one else would know she was there. Real people do not take kindly to this sort of behavior; they tend to become irritable, then embark upon accusatory tirades about unacceptable behavior.

5) You asked, "Do you know about the how to play hide and seek alone ritual?" Actually, no. I have no idea how to play hide and seek alone. Which part of the game do you get to do? Do you simply hide for extended periods of time, then presume you've won because no-one found you, or do you wander around looking behind curtains and under beds until you find someone? I think I may have misunderstood your initial concept; perhaps you could explain yourself more clearly?

6) Why would the "Spirit Realm" be in varying shades of grey instead of in color? Does light not work properly there, or spirits' eyes only lined with rods without cones? This is an incredibly dull version of life after death which makes nihilistic oblivion sound exciting by comparison.

7) Are you **absolutely certain** that --in this story-- the individual with attachment issues, codependency, and no sense of proportional relationships was the doll?

Thanks for clearing up my questions,
Biblio.

This comment from BeutifulFlowars is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+8
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
I just wonder what kind of attachment would hold "a young woman, probably 16-17, with red hair, yellow eyes, and a mild tan" to North Carolina for over 800 years, if the first Europeans to settle in that area arrived in 1587. 🤔

Make room for me to seat on that fence, I'm afraid we'll need Trump's fence for this story. 😆
mythem (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
This is an interesting story, but I'm sorry to say I'm a tad skeptical. I have to agree with Revajane. It sounds like something out of a movie or a story, but aren't most horror stories based on something that actually happened? And I also have to say RedWolf is completely correct. You really shouldn't mess around with such things, it's really not safe. I hope (if this is true) that you learned your lesson!

Though I have my doubts, I'm open-minded about this story.

Best of luck,
Mythem
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
I believe I'll be out on the fence with the rest of you - I'm interested to see what some of the others have to say. Mind if I share a bit of that blanket?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
Oh dear Spiritseer,

This reads like an odd religious DVD I have, got handed it on the street few years ago. Anyhoo one day I actually watched it, out of curiosity. I expected some bible talk and some nice folk spreading peace and love, that kind of thing. Nope. It was freaking insane. A lot of fear about everything. All these people talking about visiting hell, what it was like and later finding the 'true path'. It felt like some kind of cult recruitment, except it wasn't subtle, it was full on.
I've probably still got it somewhere, I used to show people for a laugh. Anyway your story reminded me of the many tales of woe on that DVD.

There's this guy in Texas who collects dolls, right. He uploads his doll collection on youtube under the guise they're haunted. Anyway he's super proud of them. You guys might hit it off. Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hbm84j8DIY&feature=youtu.be

Listening to The Darkness while typing this comment. 'God, you're touching me. I believe in a thing called loooove! Whooo!'
I don't think they got a copy of that religious DVD some how, bless 'em.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I&list=RDtKjZuykKY1I
Happy new year everyone!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Spiritseer,

When other long time contributors like myself read this you are going to get an eye full. I am skeptical of this story but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now for my two cents:

1: Why would you use the Ouija Board, it is NOT a TOY.
Then you do things to amp it up. How do you know what you released. I hope you at least closed each session by pushing the planchette to Good Bye.

2: You gave a spirit that you didn't know anything about a physical form? WHY, do you like playing with fire? Malevolent spirits will act nice until they gain your trust and then turn.

3: I'm not going to go into what happened during your lucid dreams. BUT I am going to say that you should have burned that doll NOT unbind her from the doll, that won't stop her from binding to you.

4: Do you realize that you MAY have released a malevolent spirit loose to roam the Earthly plane? Do you care?

5: Moral of the story. DON'T PLAY WITH THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Red
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
True or false story, this is a good morality tale about letting things into your life when you have little, if any, knowledge of them.
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
I tend to automatically disbelieve stories with ouija boards. I don't want to deny them entirely as a concept, I don't have experience with them... But the ouija board is an easy thing to use for fake stories.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Welcome to YGS.
This is an interesting story and I'll be on the fence holding the BS blanket. This sounds like it was taken from a couple of movies or a short story written for English class. Feels false from the get go, sorry but that is my opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: