You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: My Girlfriend's Oma In Pictures?

Real Ghost Stories

My Girlfriend's Oma In Pictures?

 

A couple days ago my girlfriend hosted a party for her 17th birthday at her house. It was a lot of fun and many pictures were taken by her dad who is a photographer. When he got the pictures developed, there were three pictures that freaked us all out.

The pictures show my girlfriend blowing out her candles and I'm right next to her. In the space above her and next to me there is a see-through floating white oval. If it was in one picture, we would pass it off as coincidence, but the fact that it's in the three separate pictures show that it's not just the flash or a glare. (There were other pictures taken in the same position and around the same time. They didn't show anything until she bent down to blow the candles.)

What I find especially strange about the pictures is that the orb seems to connect my girlfriend and I. It's touching me and it's glow looks like it's sort of attracted by my girlfriend.

When we showed the pictures to my girlfriend's mom, she seemed very frightened. She informed us that these pictures have been happening since my girlfriend was born and especially around the time she was 6 after her Oma died. It seems to happen when important events take place. (Her birth, her 1st grade graduation, etc.)

Psychics have also told my girlfriend and her mom that her Oma is there all the time watching over them. There are a few stories they tell me where stuff happens that show them they're not alone.

White Oval 1
White Oval 2
White Oval 3
 

I'm writing this because I want to know how you guys perceive the picture. Do you think it's a ghost or just an accident made by the camera. (I should say that it was a very expensive, professional camera that took the picture.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CJoeSkater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
I think it's just the light on the wall. That's why it looks like it's behind you, because it is. Also, if you click from picture two to three, you'll notice the girlfriend seems more bent over in the third picture and there is more space between her and the light, which would mean it's stationary and probably nothing at all. Just a reflection.
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
thats an orb... Dont be afraid. It won't hurt you. But don't forget it will continue to be with you:)
cutieloli (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
This is another debateable image. I was thinking that it was a reflection as well but it is near the front door where you can clearly see out the tiny windows that this picture was not taken during the day.
Staris (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
The oval does look reflection like, in fact just above the bolt on the door behind the girlfriend, it's a little shiny on the paint of the door there, and continuing slightly to the left of it on the window looks like the continuation of a reflection? Maybe?
Still very interesting...
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
It looks like the spirit is looking over her shoulder to maybe see what she is doing. Maybe it is her oma just cheaking in on her or somthing. It doesn't look negative or demonic atleast. 😊
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Hi CJoeSkater, in this pic to me it looks like WINGS over your g/f. I would think maybe an angel is with her, but there could be a possibility her grandma is with her.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
It appears to me to be more of a light interaction with the flash of the camera. If you'll also notice there are flashes of light on the door frame behind you two, on the door itself near the windows, and on the top frame window as well. Also above your head are other sparklies as well. I'd have to see the entire room to get an idea of what exactly is refracting the camera flash.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Hi Tonith, not it is not just you I see a face as well.

Cjoeskater, I don't think the orb is connecting you to your girlfriend, I think it is the way the picture was taken. After you have had confirmation that the orb has been with your girlfriend well before you turned up.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
AN OTHER GRANDMA STORY...wow! Cjoeskater its great that you have shared pictures and we found that your story is really a fact might be... What you said... Is correct... It happens like me it is how grandma show their affection to their grand daughters its loving and well you can feel the same experience from my profil... Go through at this point I cannot say anythinf you made a firm story and it is nothing when omas appear until they harm humans so do not worry about it and let things happen on god's grace
Scary boy
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
well its hard to explain but I can tell you what I think. This orb is oma protecting her. Looking over her and waching you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Is it me or does that orb look like it has a face? I know about matrixing so maybe that's all it really is on my part. I don't know enough about photography to make a comment on a camera problem. It just looks like a smiling face to me. Anyone else get that impression? Some people are so frightened of paranormal events they don't care who it is they just don't want it happening to them. It's understandable. Sensitivity may run in the family as well.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Cjoeskater,
Got the feedback, let your girlfriend know that about 75 to 80% of ghosts mean no one any harm in fact the ghosts seem to be attracted to people that they know they can see them or even sense them. Your girlfriend has really nothing to fear have any ghosts tried to harm her? If no then just take it one step at a time. I did not mean to insult your intelligence about the quija board just that I had a couple friends mess with that thing and the result was a very unfriendly demon. I just like to warn everyone I know. I hope that you and your girlfriend can do a lot of research and I know it will help you both understand it a lot better not saying you do not undersatand but being a medium like myself well it takes a little time to get use to. I feel oma is there as a over seeing kind of spirit who just wants you both to be happy I will be around if you and your girlfriend ever need advice take care and God bless
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
nice story. I have showed the picture to my uncle he is a professional photographer. He told me that it cannot be a fault of camera in any manner. In advanced technology cemera they used digital cemera only and they cannot produce or make this type of fog or dust bunch. So 4 sure (as your girl friend's mother told) it must b her oma and if it was connecting you with her so that means she is happy to see you both together.
Blessings
CJoeSkater (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Hey Mike, thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you believe that that is my girlfriend's Oma. (By the way, Oma means grandma in German. My girlfriend's grandma immigrated from Germany so that's why everyone called her that.)

I agree with you that she needs to be there to watch over everyone right now. Their family is going through a really tough time right now and they definitely need help and I feel that if my girlfriend and her mom opened up to it, she could help them.

My girlfriend could most definitely be a medium - things happen to her all the time. However, she is terrified of ghosts and she always makes it clear she doesn't want contact with them. (She yells out "go away" at night before she goes to sleep so she can make sure nothings going to happen to her.)

I, on the other hand, am not as afraid as her. It does make me nervous but I am a little more open to contacting spirits and I definitely feel a presence in that house.

PS - I am well aware of the dangers of Ouija boards. Thanks for warning me though!
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Hi it is Mike again. If you and your girlfriends family do not fully understand why these things happen look up articles on the internet both you and your girlfriend together and get the information.

Go to:www.paranormalexperinces.com and search for mediums.

Sometimes experincing the paranormal can be confusing and frightening if you do not fully understand it. Gain knowledge on it and how to come to terms of dealing with it.

But one thing I will ask you and your girlfriend to NEVER I mean NEVER ever do is play around with the QUIJA BOARD. This can be and has been dagerous. It is never something to play around with.

I mean you can play with a quija board and at times nothing will happen but there are times where you can come into cantact with a ghost or even a demon. This real and not just some fairy tale. I had a couple friends who decided to play around with the quija board once and the out come was well very frightening for the both of them. What they thought was an innocent game turned horrifying as they came into contact with a demon. Wich in turn was not one bit friendly. Never the less let's just say that they have never played arounnd with it ever again.

Just a friendly peace of advice I wanted to
pass along to you. Take care and God Bless
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Cjoeskater,
Hi I am Mike I am a Medium and that means I experince paranormal incidents either ghosts or orbs other things like that. Sounds like to me your girlfriend is a medium. I do not know if she is that is my assumtion. Anyway oma who ever that is must of been someone who was really close to your girlfriend as family. It seems like to me when you said that it touched you and brought you both together it was a sense that oma feels that you and your girlfriend are the perfect match and oma wants you both to be happy.

You and your girlfriends family are not alone that is true. Tell your girlfriend not to be worried or afraid. This is normal esp when a loved one passes away the person feels that they are needed there to watch over the family. Both of you just take it one step at a time and tell your girlfriends mother not to be frightened in any way. I experince these things with orbs and ghosts often. If you are curious if your girlfriend is a medium just as her the basics about experincing paranormal occurinces. And how often they happen and of course what happens. I you need advice just post it here and I will help in any way I can. God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: