You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Warned By The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Warned By The Dead

 

This happened two years ago. My mom and I were at my grandma's house for the summer. Every time I went there I visited a friend I had made over the past few times I had been there. On the 15th of April, my mom and grams were planning on relaxing. I (as usual) was going to my friend's house. To reach her house I had to cross a cremation yard. On the way (right before crossing the cremation yard) I met my grandma's neighbor Mrs. Jenkins. She was an old lady who lived next door. She looked tired. (like stay-up-all-night tired)

She asked me in an emotionless tone, "Where are you going?" I answered, "I'm going to my friend's house Mrs. Jenkins."

She said, "Well, someone is being cremated over there (she pointed toward the cremation yard, where some people were gathered at a distance) so come after an hour or two." I obeyed immediately and went away (I mean who wants to see somebody being cremated, right?).

When I reached my house, my mother saw me come home, and she must've been suspicious because I came back so quickly and so she inquired, "Why did you come back so early?"

I said, "I ran into Mrs. Jenkins from next door on the way. She told me that there was someone being cremated, so I came back."

My mother had a shocked, fainting-like expression on her face.

She was stammering as she said, "Impossible! Mrs. Jenkins passed away in her sleep last night. And her cremation is supposed to be taking place right now. I was about to leave for that when you came."

As soon as I heard her say that, I had the same expression as mom before I collapsed.

That's it. Thank you for reading. I want to know that why she appeared in front of me and tell me to come later (because SHE was being cremated?)? Please tell me what you think.

AUSTRIA

Other hauntings by AUSTRIA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AUSTRIA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IreneFernandes11 (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
Spooky...But interesting. I wouldn't have dared to cross the cremation ground no matter what and at any given time.
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-02)
Dear Sceptic-Ari

I apologise for the late reply... I understand your confusion, but as I have mentioned earlier I used the name Jenkins in order to conceal the woman's identity. The story does take place in India, and I'm sorry for not having mentioned the Jenkins thing in the story itself.

Thank you for asking!

AUSTRIA
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Dear AUSTRIA,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
One question that I have though;
Where did this story take place? In India!
I am confused, because you addressed your grandmother's friend as 'Mrs Jenkins',which Indians never do.
I apologise for my ignorance beforehand.

Regards
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Austria,

Thank you for clarifying
Cultural differences certainly can explain a lot.

Have a great day
Randy
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Dear Randy,

Thank you for reading. As for your questions, I did tell my Grams where I was going but she didn't tell me about Mrs. Jenkins. I believe that maybe they didn't want me to know about the cremation and had assumed that it would start after I had left and they could go there when I was at my friend's house and could tell me after the cremation was over. (but I really do not know, its just a theory)

In India, it is common for family, relatives and close friends to attend a cremation, however, some families may have different wishes for the cremation/burial of their dead.
Also Mrs. Jenkins was my grandmother's next door neighbour and they knew each other well so its likely that she would go to the cremation and not just to pay her respects to the family at the house. And since we were there visiting it was kind of customary for mom to attend as well.

As for your question on why she was cremated so early, now that I think about it, even I am stumped. I'm not sure what time period people wait before a cremation, but the very next day seems odd to me as well. I don't know why they did that, maybe it was the family's wish or something? But I have no idea.

Thank for your queries and letting me clarify them.

AUSTRIA
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Dear Mayhem and RCRuskin,

Thank you for your comments and for being understanding. I would like to clarify for all my readers that I am from India but since I am a keen traveller some of my stories are and will be from other countries as well. And even though I haven't been very active on here for quite some time, I am back now (really me, no imposter! 😆) and I have many more stories to share. Thank you for reading.

AUSTRIA ❤
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Dear lady-glow,

I used the name Jenkins in order to conceal the woman's original identity. (I guess I should've been more specific about that...sorry!)

Having said that I would also like to point out that since India is a diverse country with all sorts of religions, ethnicities and languages, names such as Jenkins are common here.

Also, I would like to point out that only one of my experiences i.e. I Can Hear You Breathing is from the US from the time I was visiting my aunt's house. Most of my stories are from India as I live here but some are from different countries beacuse I travel a lot.

I would really like to thank you for pointing these errors out to me so that I can clarify them for my readers.Thanks!❤

AUSTRIA
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
Austria,

I hate to be picky but I have a few minor questions.

It would seem that you must have told you Mom before you left where you were going. Why wouldn't she tell you then that Mrs. Jenkins had passed
It just seems that it would have at least come up before you left that your Mom would have told you about Mrs. Jenkins since you all seem to know her well enough that you know her by name and your Mom knows her well enough to attend. Also, that seems rather fast to have a cremation if she had just passed the night before. Lastly, do people normally attend a cremation over there. I know when my Mother in Law was cremated we had some visitation time but it was well after we left that visitation until she was actually cremated.
Maybe its just a difference in western culture.
Would you mind to clarify?

Thanks so much
Randy
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
I have to accept that I got too passionate on my last comment. Sorry.
I did it out of frustration after seeing the way an author from India began submitting several (questionable) stories after being inactive for a long time and to come back, again, under a different username using another account that had been 'silent' for a while.

I guess Austria is a bit of a traveler with some extended family living in America, nothing wrong for asking to clarify that part, is it? 😊
mythem (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
I hate to disagree with lady-glow, but RC has a point there. People move. I have. And people CAN have experiences in the different places they lived. However, you never can know with people. Austria very well could be trying to trick us, but I don't want to assume the worst. 😊

Austria- What a strange experience! If my family (or myself) decides to cremate me, I wouldn't want anyone to watch. Maybe that's how she felt on the matter. Or maybe she was just trying to help you. Either way, that's a very interesting apparition. Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck,
Mythem
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
Lady-Glow, a name does not need to be common to be present in a country. India was, for a time, under British rule, and many foreign governments, and some companies too I'm sure, send people there to work in embassies and corporate offices.

Also, one does not need to immigrate/emigrate to have experiences in more than one country. I've lived in New York, Virginia, Maryland and Ohio and had experiences in those places at different times.

Just saying. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-01)
B.S. Alert!?🤔

Is the last name Jenkins common in INDIA?

How come some of your"experiences" happened in India and some in the US?
Did you emigrate or are you just trying to deceive us again by pretending to be a different author?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: