You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First

Real Ghost Stories

My First

 

Thinking back to my younger years I have always had a few events that happened shortly before I moved that never sat quite right with me. I was very young at the time, around the time I turned 8 or shortly before, so even when I told others they wrote it off as nothing more than an odd occurrence.

My brother and I shared a room. We had bunk beds and I had the top since it was a lower ceiling and I was the smaller of us. On the opposite wall we had a white wooden desk with drawers and a TV/SNES setup on top of it. Other than that we had very little in our room that wasn't Legos or clothes.

One day while my brother and I were playing a game (meaning I watched and he played) I noticed a small hotwheel-like toy, which I had recently found outside, start to roll off from next to the TV and landed upside down. My brother didn't notice this but I got up to grab it. When I reached for it several large earwigs started crawling out from the cracks. I was no stranger to picking up the punchy little things so I scooped them up in an empty cup and went downstairs to toss them outside.

I scrambled back upstairs and sat down next to my brother again. This was when the first really strange thing happened. Mid game, several feet away, I watched the SNES shut off. This requires a switch gets physically moved and makes an audible clack when it does. My brother and I stared in shock since neither of us were anywhere close enough to touch it. Without a word we went downstairs and told our mom what happened. She said we probably didn't toggle it the whole way on the and it just settled on a side.

That night I woke feeling my back was a little chilly. The thing that caught my attention was that I was sleeping on my back and I could feel the metal guard rail on my right. It was on my left when I went to sleep. I opened my eyes and saw my bed to my right, my eyes level with the top of the mattress and still laying stiff as a board over nothing. I took several deep breaths to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. As I shifted my weight to grab the rail I felt something shift beneath me, the shoulders of a muscular animal walking away from me, and only then did I plummet to the ground.

Neither my brother or mother believed me that I found myself floating beside the bed. We had to put the rail up since I fell off so often.

Within a month my mom had remarried and we left the house so I never got to experience anything else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Puffin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Puffin (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
I had intended to say that was the closest sensation I could relate the feeling to. Like the way a cat's shoulders roll when they walk, just much larger.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-14)
The Puffin- Wow that is a very interesting experience!
I've heard about this type thing happening to others in the past. Very strange.

You said you felt the shoulders of a muscular animal walking away from you? Was the animal holding you up? Not quite sure what you meant.

Anyway, thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: