You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

The Hotel

 

I'm Elnora. I was gone for a while from this site, but now I'm back.

My sister went to a popular town in Colorado for a vacation. She was staying in a older historic hotel that was built in the 1880's. It's a beautiful place that has kept almost all of it original, Victorian style- going as far as finding antique printed wallpaper and finding plush velvet for the drapes.

She instantly told me that she felt a bit uneasy in the hotel itself. She was fine elsewhere in the city, but when she entered the hotel, she had the feeling of being watched. Her room was fairly small and simple- an antique bed, a bathroom, a closet, and assorted pieces of antique furniture but she didn't feel very comfortable in it. The first night, every time she fell asleep, she would jump awake with a start. She reasoned it was probably just anxiety from sleeping in an unfamiliar place- and a place that she didn't feel entirely comfortable in- and went about her day. She did have a general feeling of being unwelcome.

After half a day of wandering, she came back to the hotel to take a nap and freshen up a bit. After awhile, my sister jumps awake out of nowhere. She then notices a fresh bruise on her thigh (about the size and shape of a finger) that she swears was not there when she fell asleep. It was near the inside of her thigh, which would be a difficult place to accidentally hit against something. She messaged me with a picture (I'm not going to post it because I don't think my sister would appreciate that) and we discussed options on how it could have happened. All she did was walk around a bit and get some lunch and she couldn't think of anything she hit against that could have left a very defined bruise on her thigh.

That night, she gets woken up again, and this time there is a bruise on her hip- again in a strange place to find a bruise since it was more towards her stomach. By now, she is completely unsettled and figures out that she feels more uncomfortable near the closet in the room, but she is unable to figure out why. She wanted to burn sage in the room, but it was a non-smoking room and she was concerned about a fine. She only had one more night there, so she let it go and decided to try to ignore it the best that she could.

And yes, on her final morning there, there was another bruise -smaller than the other one- one the same thigh as the first bruise.

She was exhausted and pretty much done with the hotel forever at that point in time. Her only working theories are that she became clumsier than normal and can't remember it, or there was something in her room that either didn't want her there or thought it was hilarious to mess with her. Overall, she left with three weird bruises and an interesting story to tell.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elnoraemily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
elnora - I just realized you have a story up! I definitely am not on site enough anymore. I will read this, hopefully tomorrow, but wanted to tell you something I meant to some time ago.

I work for an architectural firm. Over the past 100 years the owners, as well as company names, have changed at least 4 times. Each time there is a new partner, or one passes on, the name changes. However, the architect who designed a building, even if they are no longer living, still are credited for the design. I believe an architect who has passed would definitely continue to claim the building he designed, even if it has been renovated or altered in any way. Much like home owners who pass but haunt their former home.

Anyway, I told you I had a possible explanation for Kikigirl's architect story but after reading all the comments, as well as the story itself, I figure this explanation is unnecessary lol
elnoraemily (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
The crystal ball game made me giggle. That was a super cute addition.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Elnora, so glad you liked it! ~ Happy dance~ [at] [at] [at] [at] (that's me twirling). I think that's 50...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-30)
Val, that is awesome!

Thanks so much for sharing that. It's so fun.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Tweed, you have me blushing. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I can't begin to count the hours I spent creating, and researching for that. I didn't want my rooms to be just 'pictures' but to have a feel to them, a life if you will. I wanted 'authenticity'. You've made my day! Thank you!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-29)
Oh em gee 😲 😲

Val you just become my nerd crush, this is soooo good! I thought you may have meant a cool digital house tour of your own awesome design but I didn't expect it to be this ultra Victorian gothic stylee. I have wet my pants but out of sheer excitement! We have pretty much the same taste. WOW! 😁!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2017-01-28)
Hey,Tweed.
In this case, by digital house, I meant one made up of my graphic art, that you can explore by 'walking through' with your mouse.
Http://trespauzemanor.com/
I hope you enjoy it.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-28)
haha a wallpaper discussion, love it!

Val, I'm very intrigued by your digital house, would love to see it. I'm also curious as to what a digital house is, because that sounds like a lot of fun.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Elnora,
That is gorgeous! I'm going to be a bit assumptive here and assume you enjoy looking at Victorian rooms. 😊 I have a bit of a digital Victorian house; 20 rooms as time period correct as I could make it. I'm a bit anal retentive when it comes to details, and my digital art work is no exception - my daughter calls this my dollhouse lol. Anyway, if you would like I can post you a link. Did I mention it's haunted?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Also, my new goal in life is to live in this exact place: http://www.bradbury.com/victorian/images/herter_room_350.jpg

Because that is incredible.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Val, I'm the same way. I currently have a bruise right below my thumb, right above my wrist that I can't figure out how it got there. And my knees. And random ones on the underside of my forearm. Apparently, I get the bruising tendencies in my family. I've never noticed her bruising easily.

I'm going to spend the next few hours of my life staring at that wallpaper.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Elnora and Tweed,
Antique printed wallpaper? My fav site for the real deal is http://www.bradbury.com/. I adore their Victorian selection, but they have others as well.
Bruises...well, I'm the type to bruise if you look hard at me. 😉
Seriously, I swear I'm with my body 24/7 but no idea where most of them come from. If your sister doesn't fall into this category, she might want to monitor herself for a couple of weeks and see if they persist in popping up as it could be a sign of something medical.
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
She met up with some friends, but she had the room by herself.

Now I'm question whether or not to tell her that she may have met a perverted ghost. I'm not entirely sure if she would be thrilled by that.

That does make a lot of sense, though.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Elnora- Glad to have you back 😁.

I am curious to know if your sister was by herself in this popular town in Colorado. I have a thought that might make more sense if she was. Hang with me a minute, maybe...
Maybe being by herself provided an "old" entity the opportunity to have his "liberties" with her. Seeing that she was by herself he thought she would be an easy mark so to speak. Like he might have done in the olden days. Just a thought and it would not make any sense IF she wasn't by herself. 😆.

Anyways, it's really good to have you back Elnora. Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
She sent me pictures of the wallpaper (well, of the hotel, but I could see the wallpaper) and now I am really wanting to put some up in my guest room. It was so pretty! I suppose some of it could have been original to the building, but I know they have done some work to the rooms to keep them in shape.

Hotels do seem to be the base for a lot of odd things. 😆
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-01-27)
Elnora, far out.

Can't say I've ever experienced unexplained bruises or cuts as others have. It does seem suspicious it occurred there, not before or since. Erugh. People always report stuff like this from old hotels. This was kind of amusing: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24046

On an unrelated note, high fives to that hotel for tracking down antique printed wallpaper. My husband is into wallpaper, sounds like the most boring interest in the world but now I'm hooked too. There's so little known about wallpaper designs throughout history. Many gaps between all the designs the world over. If that hotel had some vintage design printed, respect to them. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: