You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Invitations To My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Invitations To My Closet

 

I have a lot of ghost experiences but I chose this story for my first entry because it's the one that leaves me curious and scared the most. I welcome suggestions and questions since I'm not a very good story teller and I'm not very good at describing either. And also, I apologize for the very long post.

I suppose it started one summer afternoon in 2016. I was sitting in the living room watching TV when I felt like I'm being watched. I looked to my right where the window was, and I saw a black shadow in a shape of a man looking at me. It didn't have any features but I just know it was looking at me. I can clearly see the shape of its head, shoulders and torso. I stared at it for about 2 seconds in disbelief before it glided sideways.

Not too far from the window, on the same wall, was a glass door leading to the backyard. I was waiting for it to reappear on the glass door since it's in the same direction where the shadow was heading but I didn't see it pass by.

After a while of no show, I decided to go to the backyard to investigate the possible causes of the shadow but it was a clear sunny sky, we didn't have trees or plants to cast a shadow like that. I stood on the exact area where it was standing and looked into the house on the same window, when I realized that the backyard ground is mid-thigh lower than the living room floor. Which means that only the shoulders and head of an average-sized person should be seen from the inside of the house.

About 3 months later while I'm sleeping, I woke up to this feeling where my body couldn't move. I felt heavy and extremely weak. I had sleep paralysis before, and it always freaked me out so I managed to gather enough strength to open my eyes and look around to prove to myself that there's nothing there. I didn't see anything unusual, so I tried to pacify myself and go back to sleep.

Not much later, I felt my blanket being carefully pulled down. I didn't pay attention to it as I'm feeling very sleepy and I just tucked the end of the blanket under my feet hoping that whatever it is would stop.

Just when I'm about to fall back to sleep, I felt I'm being pulled towards the foot of my bed. My closet is located at the foot of my bed. I didn't feel any hand that gripped my leg but I just felt the sensation of being pulled. I got annoyed so I opened my eyes to see what was going on and I saw my closet door wide open (I usually leave it closed) and I saw 3 gangly humanoid black things. They're not exactly a shadow, more like slightly taller/bigger versions of Smeagol from LOTR except they're solid black in color. I didn't see any facial features but they seem to be startled that I woke up. I think they're trying to move me while I'm asleep. Somehow, I didn't feel scared, I have nothing but "WTF" in my mind.

For what seemed like an eternity we just stared at each other and see what the other would do next. I can see one of them at the foot of my bed (I'm assuming he's the one pulling me), one inside the closet (which for some reason is completely empty of my things) and the other in the corner of the closet. There's a light at the bottom corner of the closet and I'm under the impression that it is an entrance somewhere that goes down. They didn't feel like negative beings but I still don't want them to bring me anywhere. So with all my might, I stood up to grab my Bible and they hurriedly ran inside the closet and shut the door. Didn't hear or see them in a while.

Side note: my bedroom window looks over to the backyard.

Half a year later, after showering I closed my closet doors so that I could hang my towel on the knobs to dry, then I got dressed and went to sleep. I dreamt that night that a woman was inviting me to do some activity/go with her somewhere. I can't remember which it is but somehow I had a gut feeling that I shouldn't accept her invitation. I politely declined and expressed that I shouldn't go/do something without knowing what it is.

After declining her in my dream, I woke up to find a woman with bushy hair and long dress standing beside my bed just by my head. She was just pure black, darker than my unlit room, like the 3 Smeagols I saw. Once again, my body is unable to move. Upon realizing that I was awake looking at her, she said "Well, that's why you have to come with me!" and she motioned her hand to point to the closet. My closet door, on her signal, opened slightly. I didn't wait for it to completely open. I just started praying in my head, closed my eyes until I fell asleep.

After reviewing these events over and over, it seemed to me that the 3 Smeagols were asked to take me but failed so this woman tried the second time with a different tactic. Questions running in my head are: why me? What's inside the closet? If I went "down" where the light was, what's there? What are they?

Thank you for reading my story. Any information is appreciated.

Other hauntings by adina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-17)
Wow freaky story, thank you for sharing. If I were in your situation I would get an axe and chop the closet up into little pieces. Your story gave me chills and was entertaining 😊
Julie_W696 (11 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
Adina:

First - DO NOT GO if this happens again. Everything about this (incl. The false sense of calmness - not even close to a natural reaction) reads TRAP!

Second - I've seen something very similar. You are the only other account I've read that sounds familiar. What I saw was at the beach, actually in the water. Black, gangly shadow man. It didn't notice me at first, but then I guess it/he felt me watching him. It looked like he was fishing with a spear (as strange as that sounds). Actually, it sorta looked like his arm & spear were one (even stranger). It would jab something, then move like he was putting it in a satchel (which I didn't see). It didn't feel evil, but when I had his/its full attention, I turned and, literally, ran away.

Also - your answer to "why me" might be your exact location, since your closet seems to be some kind of gateway. I'd research the land on which your house was built. Good luck! 😊

Julie (fellow Canadian - my sighting was in Port Elgin, ON - but no one believes me)
scariestnight (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-01)
Hi Adina - this is an amazing account. Would I be able to ask you a few more questions about it? Shoot me an email at scharlton [at] ourhousemedia.com!

Sam
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
Best to keep them away.

No need to attempt to communicate with them. Too much curiosity creates a lot of unnecessary problems.
adina (3 stories) (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments! I really do appreciate that. I do realize how outrageous my experience was that's why I hesitated submitting it.

To explain my lack of fear, I have experienced sleep paralysis multiple times before and I had nightmares worse than these. So when I saw them, I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first. I initially thought that something in my bedroom was casting a shadow like that. I thought maybe I was dreaming too. So when I realized that I'm awake and it is really happening, I went to grab my bible. I didn't think of screaming because I thought it would take longer for my family to wake up and come to my room than me handling the situation right then (not that I knew how to handle it). Weird, I know. Whenever I experience anything paranormal, I try to convince myself that there's some logical and rational explanation for what I'm seeing first, hence fear settles a bit later and the reactions are delayed. I always have a late reaction whenever I see something of paranormal. I'm very weird like that. The fact that they're faceless and they didn't give off a threatening feel helped a lot too!

And as for the woman, in my dream she appeared to be very beautiful. With fair skin and such an inviting face. We were in a garden-like place too and everything felt "friendly" for lack of words. But when I saw her when I was awake, I didn't see her face either. From her shape, I could tell she was wearing a black robe or dress and she had a very wild and bushy hair.

I told this experience to my very religious mom and she drew crosses in my room with "holy oil". Nothing has happened since.

I don't have much information about our house since we had it built and we are the first ones to live there. I am living in a very recently developed community too. Prior to development, I assume it's just an empty field.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Hi Adina

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing.

First of all, for me, the over-riding aspect of your story is that you didn't appear to be terrified or overwhelmed at any point by what you were experiencing. You seemed to just take in all in your stride, which is admirable.

The point at which you decided to go into your yard to investigate after seeing a sinister shadow peering at you through the window is either extreme bravery or like a scene from a bad horror movie; I can imagine the audience shouting" Don't go outside! Why are they going outside?!"

More calm bravery: "Not much later, I felt my blanket being carefully pulled down. I didn't pay attention to it as I'm feeling very sleepy and I just tucked the end of the blanket under my feet hoping that whatever it is would stop." Well, if that happened to me, I'd be WIDE awake, upright and possibly changing my underpants.

And..."I think they're trying to move me while I'm asleep. Somehow, I didn't feel scared, I have nothing but "WTF" in my mind."
Well to be honest, I'm also thinking WTF? Or more to the point HTF are you NOT running screaming out your freaking door? 😆

Can I ask; have you had any experiences similar to this or anything involving apparitions / spirits?

And: Is there anyone in your family or relatives who have psychic or mediumistic abilities?

Regards

Mack
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Ugh, that's wear not where - anyway, here is a link to a fairly interesting read on iron as a protective element in folklore:)
Http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/mhs/mhs09.htm
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Sounds to me like a brush with the 'Old Ones' - the fairies. Perhaps the reason why they scattered from the bible was because it represents oppression and banishment to pagans - it is not of their world so it repels them much like the reasoning why fairy charms are made of iron. Not all fairies are good - and, to be sure, not all are bad - I have no clue which you may be dealing with but the fact that they inspired no fear in you has to count for something. I would be curious to see where she and her acolytes might take you - though, from the stories handed down in legends... That doesn't always turn out so well lol.

If it really is fairies, I don't know if your standard cleansing will do. Old European tradition suggests leaving out a small dish of milk, a bit of clean water and a piece of silver to appease them so they'll leave you alone. Where a piece of iron on your person to keep them from taking you away. And I recommend hitting up the local library to see what you can dig up on fairy lore and the heritage of the people who populate your region - perhaps you will find some interesting connections.

Keep us posted:)
Jerome_V (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
To call your experience terrifying would be the understatement of the year.

It's interesting that they scurried away when you grabbed your Bible. I'm curious as to whether they were startled because your movement was so sudden, or whether they were afraid because you reached for a Holy text that gives you strength and comfort. If the latter is the reason they retreated, they are most likely negative or malevolent. Even if they didn't feel negative, their behavior suggests otherwise.

You said the 3 minions didn't feel negative, but what about the woman? What did she look like in your dream? Did she appear differently than she did at your bedside after you woke up? Did she leave you with the impression that she was human, or do you think she's something else entirely?

On the bright side, it seems like this "woman" needs your consent to take you away. If she didn't, she and her 3 minions would've dragged you off a long time ago. I don't think they can do much other than scare you, so long as you remain adamant in your refusal to go wherever they want to take you.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
If you do decide to go... Remember to bring your GoPro along!
celestialmystick (4 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
That is a bit terrifying. I would get sage and cleanse your room. Take holy water put on closet door and inside the closet. Even if they don't feel negative it doesn't make them good. I feel they might want to trap your soul and the woman takes your body so to speak.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
adina, I think you might be experiencing some sort of distortion or disorientation or confusion in your sleep. You seem to have too much time to look at these creatures and your reactions don't accompany that of a scared or terrified person which is normally how, we/people react in dreams - too slowly or too quickly, angry about something-unexplained or happy about something-unexplained. In the dream world, our emotions are much stronger, but, our ability to act is slightly slower then in normal life. The way the scenery interacts with you also does not make sense. The closet door is doing this (opening or closing) in your dreams. I really do believe that it might be something else. Will you look up sleep paralysis? Otherwise, it is a good story but very scary. Did this happen in Canada? Are you from Canada?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
I'm not sure why they want you to go with them, or where. Only way I can think of to find out, without any additional information, is to go with them.

And for me, it would be something I'd be happy to never know.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Ahoy Adina,

First things first. Holly friggin' schnitzel! That's one creepy, freaky story you've got.

Now, onto the nitty-gritty. I'm assuming that you've already considered old hag syndrome, and I commend you for not panicking. What can you tell us about the house you're in right now? What have you done other than what you've described? What's the feel of the room right now?

Waiting,
Mazz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: