You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Wide-eyed Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Wide-eyed Girl

 

The bedroom I was staying at in high school was avoided by relatives and helpers that came to stay before I moved in. They claim to get horrible nightmares about a woman in that bedroom. I personally never had any, and all my nights there had been comfortable except one particular night in 2008.

I slept on a single bed and I share the bedroom with our house helper who sleeps on the pullout bed. There is about a foot difference in our levels so we practically are on the same bed.

One night, I was awoken by a very eerie sound of moaning. It sounded like a moan of anger and despair. It sounded like our house helper was having a nightmare. But what got to me was that her moaning voice was much deeper than her actual voice, and the intensity of her anger/despair was too hard to ignore.

I decided to wake her up as her sound creeped me out. I was calling her name out and she just kept moaning back each time (my back was to her). I decided to roll around to the edge of the bed and shake her awake. When I did face her, her face being only about a foot away from mine, I saw very clearly that her eyes were wide opened. It was opened as wide as eye lids can open and almost looked cartoonishly circular. Her eyes looked furious.

Initially I thought "Well she is awake, why is she moaning still?". Until I get to look at her properly and noticed that her face was slightly different as well. It's like a different girl was sleeping on her bed but our house helper's body lays there. As the realization hits, fear and shock settles in. I pulled up my blanket over my head and kicked her very hard on her legs in the hopes to wake her up.

Few kicks later, she finally wakes up. She says "Thank you so much for waking me up, I was having a nightmare", in a very exhausted voice. "What is your nightmare about"? I asked. She said, "It was about a very angry woman who was chasing me endless. Her eyes looked so round with anger, I was scared the whole time".

After I left to go to Uni in a different city, cousins who have slept there claimed to have nightmares about the same angry woman chasing them, and would move different rooms in the middle of the night to avoid dreaming about her again.

Other hauntings by adina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-21)
Anno-Domini - from experience, being a Christian doesn't prevent someone from having nightmares.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-18)
Maybe it's not the room, but maybe a specific blanket everyone uses? Or a certain time of the year or month. I wonder what would happen if she caught someone?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-24)
adina - You only mentioned that a few people who have spent the night in the room have nightmares. So I'm assuming that it could possibly be the same woman they dream about but the details are different.

Perhaps there is a female entity in your room who is comfortable with your presence, which would explain why you are not affected.

Anno_Domini - I would be interested to know what role Christianity would play. I happen to be Christian and believe me, that hasn't prevented me from having nightmares plus many other unnerving experiences!

Regards, Melda
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-07-23)
Adina, are you a Christian by any chance? I'm just wondering why everyone else gets nightmares except for you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-23)
Hello adina: it is puzzling that different people would have the same nightmare. What do you know about the history of the house? Do you know if people shared their dream and, somehow, the next person spending the night in the room got influenced by this?

Anyway, I hope the other girl's legs didn't get too bruised! 😢

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: