You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The School Bathroom Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The School Bathroom Ghost

 

This is my first story on here. I've been on this site reading all the ghost stories so here it is. Sorry it's short and I hope you enjoy this.

All this happened in fifth grade. I went to the same school for a few years but this is the first "ghosty" stuff that happened.

Anyway it was really weird, when ever you will go into the bathroom it sounded like the stall doors would close or toilets would flush, the sinks will turn on and stuff like that. It could have been from the boys room, but then something scary happened. One day I was coming out of the bathroom, I knew I was all alone. While I was leaving I heard footsteps, running, so I looked down the hallway but saw no one. I ran out of the room fast.

A few weeks later my friend was going to the bathroom and when she came back she told us this, "I was all alone and while I was going to the bathroom I heard the door open. But no one came in. Then the a stall door closed, the toilet flushed, the stall opened and the water turned on." her voice was shaking, "Then I heard the paper towel dispenser and I flew out of the stall and saw nothing but paper towels!" I got really scared after that, but besides those two things nothing else too bad happened.

Though, my other friend was way too scared to go to the bathroom alone so I always had to go with her. We never did solve the mysteries in the bathroom.Sadly, I now go to a middle school and never got to solve the mysteries. I still have no idea, except it having something to do with a ghost.

Other hauntings by horsesandghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, horsesandghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

horsesandghosts (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
The lights were on. 😲 What I meant was the walls were dark. And there was only like 5 lights. I did make another story. The school ghost (bathroom ghost con.) 😁
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Horsesandghosts, may I suggest you to turn on the lights before using the bathroom or did you see a dark mass?

E.Lynx
horsesandghosts (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
I was always scared of the BRs because they were a dark color. DARK COLOR WHY!?😕
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Horsesandghosts, hi again!
Like what had happened? Are you writing another story?

E.Lynx
horsesandghosts (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Also other things happened at the school. Creepy things too
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
AugustaM

I think you make an excellent point that I had never considered.
It is true that a poltergeist is not really considered to be a spirit of a once alive human like a ghost but a manifestation of energy that is brought on and released by kids in their teenage or preteen years without them even knowing it.
When one considers the amount of potential PK energy that could be in a middle school or high school it could make perfect sense.
Also, like you said there seems to always be an abundance of
"haunted school" stories about any place you look that has to do with ghost stories.
I'm not saying that it's always the case but a very plausible theory and great job for critical thinking and pointing it out.

Regards
Randy
Aliviashae (7 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
I can describe a very similar experience that happened to my friend (Abby) at the high school that I also went to before I graduated. To be honest, all the bathrooms always made me feel uneasy (the whole school did, actually). One day she was in the bathroom alone (she was happy because she's self conscious and only goes if it's empty). She was in the stall and heard the stall next to her open, the toilet flush, and then the stall open and close again. Anybody that knows her knows she gets absolutely petrified over anything. She immediately felt scared because of course she didn't see anybody, and whoever it was didn't even latch the stall shut, and any normal person would. Abby practically flew out of the bathroom in tears, where she finds her friend whom was waiting for her outside the whole time. She asked if anyone came in or out and she said no. In my opinion, I think a lot of residual energy can be trapped in a place like this, especially surrounded by the active and lively minds of the youth. It's almost as if the ghost knew she'd react the way she did, much like the friend in your story! Thanks for sharing!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
When folks post stories about poltergeist activity in homes, many are quick to ascertain whether there are teenagers in residence as their energy can be known to affect/attract poltergeist activity. Couldn't the same be true of a school? And, if so, wouldn't the effect be potentially multiplied many times by the presence of so many kids? We do tend to get quite a few stories on this site involving schools... Maybe the activity experienced in them has less to do with any specific tragedy that has occurred therein or in the environs but more a result of the huge amounts of energy put off by so many tween/teens causing a lighthouse effect...
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-02)
Welcome and nice story. Thank you for sharing!

It is indeed mysterious, was the facilities of your school quite old? As I know and I might have read from some stories, old water facilities temp to have pressure problem, I am not too familiar with pipelines or any engineering but the flushing and the tap could be solved scientifically, do not fear them. The paper towel thing, are you sure that no one was there? Were there any genitors in your school that time? Still if there is no one and even if it was a spirit, I don't think you have to fear the situation at all.

Spirits do repeat what they do daily, like a tape record. The repeat their life until a certain time, let them be because time is the only solution for them in those cases.

If you are curious you can search for histories of you school and maybe just match up the experience you had like a bingo game. If you know how to help up the spirits and happen to have special abilities you are always welcome to try to help the spirits otherwise please do not disturb them for your own sake we never know who we are dealing with, just remember never be frightened.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: