You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Odd Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

The Odd Happenings

 

This experience takes place in our family home at Kabbyang avenue in Whalan NSW.

At the time of the experience I was not born but over the years my mother has told me of the experiences she, my siblings (two sisters and 2 brothers) and my father experienced in the dreadful year of 1996.

My brothers and sisters would start to get really sick at odd times and would start to wet the bed when they were at an age where they could go to the toilet on their own. There was a night my 2nd oldest brother who was six at the time got woken up by his sheets getting pulled off him.

After that day my sisters were in their play pen and my brothers were waiting for their food in the lounge room but then everything stopped and the full inside of the house was in a whirlwind plates were flying getting smashed, vases breaking, my mothers dress was getting blown up and my mum couldn't walk properly because the wind was blowing her but with all her might she finally got to the door and opened it. To her surprise the outside was fine she saw saw our neighbor's outside chatting and asked them what happened but they replied with "nothing happened and are you okay" by this point my mother was confused and she said "there was just a cyclone in my house."

But there was one night that made my mum leave the house for good, she was exhausted one night after putting all the kids asleep so she decided to have a nap on the lounge and so did my dad who went to sleep on the opposite lounge.

My mum then got woken up by her head getting smashed into the table at first my mum thought it was my dad until she looked up and saw my dad get flung down the hallway. After that night she moved out. She got a call from the people that moved into the house after my family and they said that the house burnt down while none of them were home, they also were told that the fire fighters couldn't find out what had started the fire.

This is the first story I've published on Your ghost stories and I hope you enjoyed reading it and I'm sorry if its a bit too long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spookie_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spookie_ (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-23)
Please don't downvote mage2's comment they were talking about their story not mine.

Spookie-
Mage2 (2 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Spookie- The story is not interesting but Ok. Me and my Uncle, and sister where walking up the hill, once we got to the top I look down the other side of the hill and saw a black figure when I look again it was gone. And that is my story Also no oe else saw it.

-Mage2 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Guys, last time please, I'm sorry.

Tweed, I wasn't questioning the nature of questions asked here, I get why questions are asked, I ask questions too- cause we're all in a quest for truth and understanding.

The way the questions were put in the beginning, although it may not have been the intention, came across as attacking, especially, I feel, for a first time poster and a teenager at that. The OP even said something about regretting having submitted the story. We shouldn't make people feel like that when we ask them questions. That's what I'm trying to say. Not that questions shouldn't be asked.

A first timer or young poster doesn't know how things are done here and may feel attacked when people don't explain why they're asking the type of questions they're asking. She had said as there's no history of domestic violence other than normal arguing, which obviously means there wasn't or she may not know; it's a sensitive subject that her family may have not wanted her to know about. I just felt we were probably overwhelming her with all those family related questions.

I hope that makes sense cause I'm also going to quit before this becomes about me. Maybe my phrasing is the problem ๐Ÿ˜‰


Thanks for putting up with me guys. I am done.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Spookie,
Mines are dangerous places to work. If your dad was a miner and not one working above ground, I can totally understand any stress this might have caused your Mom. Add to that being a single parent for long stretches, not exactly a piece of cake. The kids getting sick - any Mom worth their salt will tell you THAT alone is stressful. I can't help but wonder if maybe all that stress built up to the point of poltergeist activity (the high wind in the house, her head being banged, etc.) Scary account.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
To Spookie

I know this has nothing to do with the story and to your thread
And for that I'm sorry if my original comment got discussion
Sidetracked as I know your preparing a second part to help clear things up. I look forward to reading it. If I came off as too strong I apologize for that as I didn't mean to demean your experience.

To all,

Thanks to all of you for your support with this issue.
I'm aware that I can go off on a tangent at times to try and add humor to a subject that is very real and can be very frightening to people having experiences they often don't understand.
I do try and offer suggestions based upon my knowledge if I think it can be of help in any way. My goals, as they relate to the paranormal is very simple. In my view there can only be one truth about something and finding that absolute truth is what I wish for. I'm sure it's same for most of us here.
I never mean to come off as "knowing it all" of to offend ANYONE
In ANYWAY. Thanks again to all of you for adding your unsolicited
Support for me.

YGS Friend
Randy
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Rook - Thanks for clearing up Kiki's comment for me! I had no idea what she was talking about before you mentioned the BS blankie and the Miss Demeanour ๐Ÿ˜†

Spookie, don't worry about all the comments regarding Kikigirl. In fact she's very obviously on your side ๐Ÿ˜Š
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Spookie - Like Temilicious, I too am waiting for part 2.

Just an aside to Temilicious. As a fellow Safrican, I am very aware of the spells and black magic in our beautiful country! The people involved virtually wage war upon each other for generations ๐Ÿ˜ข

Regards, Melda
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
I do realise I wrote babypuller instead of Babygoatpuller my apologies.

Spookie-
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Babypuller-
As I've stated I'm making a part 2.

Please no more comments about my mothers health she was stable in my opinion and my dad was never their because he was working at the mines.

-Spookie
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Could be Poltergeist... I had seen that experience of your family gone through could be Poltergeist.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
To echo Tweed's sentiments: one just can't be too precious about other people's interpretation of their experiences.

After all, these are just experiences of a very mysterious aspect of our existence. We are all struggling to understand it all. If people don't believe it, well that's their right. If you do believe what's been submitted that's your right also.

It's also your right to pass comment and ask questions. This is NOT life and death (well it IS but you know what I mean) stuff here people. It's merely an exchange of information and opinions. Relax, have fun, laugh at our own blind human folly...
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Hi Spookie,

This comment is really for Temilicious and anyone who questions the nature of the questions asked here.

I hope I haven't caused any negativity with my line or phrasing in this thread. If so, it was not intended. I can also understand the reaction to believe something like this is fake, because of similar narratives proving themselves to be indeed fake.

Getting to the point of my comment, I strongly felt (opinion) that something was amiss with the household at the time of these events. Something negative was weighing down on the emotions of the occupants. This is why I suggested post natal depression, as other possible causes had been ruled out by Spookie.
I have also experienced instances in which denial of any problems, mental or otherwise, take over and rule as 'fact' in a person's life, and also the lives of those they care for or are otherwise close to.

Spookie, I hope you can understand that I'm NOT in any way calling 'fake' on your narrative. What I am doing, however, is voicing an opinion based on psychological reasoning. It's not exactly a 'pleasant' theory but it's not meant as a negative comment. I wish I could tell you the details of the family whose experiences I was told of. But it's not for me to say.
Also I think the details about people being thrown around has come from somewhere very dark. The mind has a way of reasoning that which it can't handle, perhaps a paranormal force was not responsible for this. Though I believe your mother tells the truth as she knows it.

As we get older we understand more about our parents. I was in my mid 20's before I finally clicked some of my family members struggled with emotional walls. Some of these walls were made more confusing with paranormal activity thrown in. It can take a long time to differentiate both.

I fear I am now on a tired rant, so I'll quit while I'm making sense! I hope what I've said is useful and not grating. ๐Ÿ˜Š
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Spookie,
You get a gold star for understanding that part 2 needs to be edited and accepted. Please remember to title it The Odd Happenings part 2.
Thanks!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+5
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Kiki,
I have deleted your comment. I found it to be completely and utterly uncalled for, childish and without redemption of any kind. It didn't even make any sense for crying out loud except as an attack on Randy.
To call it copy and paste gibberish is being kind. Any more posts like that will be met with deletion and possible suspension or banning from the group. Do I make myself clear?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Spookie-

Your "story" wasn't too long at all. Matter of fact, the length of it is what's so frustrating about it. You've left out enough details as to make the reader question nearly everything about it. And rightly so.

Tweed has made some excellent points. I don't doubt that you are "100%" sure of the mental stability of your mother now, but you would not have a clue about it before you were born. One does not need to drink in order to be psychologically or emotionally abusive. You have dropped some hints about your father being absent a great deal of the time. That alone can cause emotional issues, especially for a woman with four kids to care for. If your siblings don't recall her having problems, she was probably very good a shielding them from from them. Good mothers will do that.

I look forward to reading part 2. And please remember "the devil's in the details"!

As for you Kiki... Your incessant need for attention is distracting. I've noticed that you seem to only go after the more well established and/or credible posters on here. Which seems to garner more attention for you. Perhaps a psychological work-up in the very near future would not hurt you in the least.

In the meantime, may I suggest that in the future, NOBODY responds to whatever gibberish it is that she deems necessary to post in order to feed her psychological ego.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Hi Spookie,

I'm going to wait for part 2 before I say anything about your post, but to the others I'd just like to say please remember you are questioning a teenager here and not an adult so maybe the phrasing of questions and doubts could be done differently.

I also don't understand why her family situation is still being discussed when she clearly said there was no domestic violence. Honestly I would also be offended if some of the things said here were directed towards me so big ups to you Spookie for sticking around.

We all have experienced different paranormal encounters and just because one is used to a certain type of haunting, doesn't mean others don't exist. Open mindedness is after all what we are here for so it saddens me when people are quick to dismiss something just because it doesn't fall under what they regard as "normal" in a paranormal situation, and don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with asking questions and having doubts about a story, heaven knows I also have doubts at times. Let's just be considerate to the OP in how we do it.

I'm from SA and I don't know if members like Melda or Kiki have ever heard of these kind of experiences but cyclone type winds indoors and people getting struck by lightning cause of black magic on a cloudless sky are things that are very common in my culture so I don't find this post that peculiar (lack of a better word) at all. Just unfortunate that she wasn't there to experience it, but like I said, I'm going to wait for part 2.

I'm sorry for taking up space in your comment section Spookie, just been following the comments for a day now and I just had to get it off my chest, not for only your post but future ones as well, especially when dealing with teens and their family situations.

Thank you all.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
The comments about stress in the home got me thinking... What were the ages of your brothers and sisters at the time of this occurrence?

Thank again, in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Spookie_ (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Tweed-

My mother never had depression she did stress like any normal person would as she had 4 kids in the house, she was in my opinion 100% stable.

-Spookie
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Im very tired at the moment and I'll post part 2 of the encounter tomorrow and then I'll have to wait until it gets edited and accepted onto here.

-Spookie
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Tweed-
Im 99.9% sure my mother was emotional stable, like I said there was no violence in the house. They lived in that house for a month before they moved out.

Spookie-
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Nope no 'name calling' here... And no BS Blankie in sight... Just waiting on 'part 2' as it seems to be getting called.

Thanks for hanging in there and please keep posting.

Respectfully,

Rook
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Beautinside-
It is 1:00am in the morning at the moment so I might of misread Rookdygins comment and took offence and thought he was calling me a liar. I tend to call this experience/encounter a story as it is on your ghost stories but I do understand me calling it a story might make other's confused at wether this experience/encounter is real or not.

Kikigirl-
Im a bit confused about your comment?

-Spookie
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Here's me, and everyone else who ever posted here, thinking Randym is one of the nicest members this site has ever had.

Kikigirl, you're doing that thing again where you copy/paste gibberish.

Hi Spookie,

Well I've got to say what happened to your mother is unique and I had the exact same thoughts as Macknorton, about an abusive situation. What you've described reminds me of something I heard about as a child, a second hand experience which sounded very fake. But the people who experienced it weren't the kinds to make anything up. They weren't thrown around the house as you've described, but much of it had elements of a bad fiction. So I do believe that your mother experienced something but I question her mental stability at the time. Post natal depression perhaps. The people whose experience I was told of had a lot of tension in their home. Now that I'm an adult thinking back on that second hand 'ghost encounter' from my childhood, I think the home environment had a lot to do with what they experienced. Likewise, whatever happened in that house, and however much is true or remembered wrongly, I urge you consider the strong possibility of the emotional well being of all involved influencing to a great extent.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+8
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Kiki

1st off I don't comment on all stories

If I didn't comment on your perhaps I found it uninteresting.
The way you stated it sounded like I was suppose to comment

To say that I only comment to say something is Hocus Pocus
Is an absolute fabrication.

Either you haven't seen my comments or you haven't read them

In my time here I have made well over 100 comments
I think 3 or 4 have questioned (Questioned doesn't mean the same as calling something false.)

You do the math and you will find that a very very low percentage of my comments have to do with questioning the authenticity of a story.

I'm not sure who made you the comment police about what I am allowed to write. Not sure if your trying to stir something up or just offended that I questioned one of your alter-egos perhaps.

Good day
Randy
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
KikiGirl,

WHAT? ๐Ÿ˜•

RANDYM has been a frequent rider of the Miss Demeanor almost from the day they joined...I'm sure they know full well the meaning of BS and what a BS BLANKIE is for. Please stop your babbling it's detracting from Spookie receiving possible help or allowing them to answer any questions other members have concerning their submission.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Kikigirl - I know that this comment is solely for the attention of RandyM but you really have my head spinning! Does this somehow connect to his comments on the OP's story? If it doesn't, perhaps you should send him an e-mail to clear up your gripe with him.

I think I know which of your stories you are referring to but I could be wrong there as well. Perhaps better to post it on your particular story?

Perhaps this all makes sense to other readers but I'm at a loss for words. Sorry, not trying to stoke any fires but quite a few of the readers might be a bit puzzled ๐Ÿ˜•

By the way I'n not trying to be nasty or critical ๐Ÿ˜Š

Regards, Melda
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Hi there Spookie,

I don't actually think Randy is calling you a liar, he's just in doubt and for what what he wrote he's expecting more details on the 2nd part you'll post.
Most of us tend to go for a logical explanation before anything else, and this is one of the reasons we need more details. No one is telling you off, don't worry!
And Randy is right, the term "story" can be a bit deceiving as we tend to think on story as it is, as something not real. That's why I prefer the term experience or account, because it take us to something real.
Please don't feel bad about this, I am truly looking forward for your second part and I believe others are too. ๐Ÿ˜
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
Another typo in my comment (its 11:07pm so I apologize for the spelling errors) I've started instead of I'm started.

Spookie-
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
There was a typo in my comment and I ment to write they instead of the.

Spookie-
Spookie_ (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-19)
RANDYM-
As I said I'm not good with words and I'm not sure wether to call this experience an experience or a story, I posted this on your ghost stories so that's why I've be saying story so I'm sorry if the way I say something makes you think that I'm a liar. The reason why I added the fireman couldn't find a cause for the fire was because in most cases the do find out how it was started.

Im started to question why I posted this experience/encounter on here I was not expecting these sort of comments.

Spookie
๐Ÿ˜•

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: