You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sick After a Ghost Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Sick After a Ghost Apparition

 

A few nights ago, I was sitting up waiting for my mom to come home and around 12 or so, I got bored and went to bed. I had been laying in bed for a while when out of nowhere I felt something sit down on my bed. Since I sleep with my door shut, the hall light on (when I'm alone in my house so I would have noticed if someone had walked by the door because of the shadow that would have been cast), my dog shut in the kitchen, and none of my cats are ever in my house when we go to bed, I was really creeped out.

So like anyone who would be scared, I whipped around in my bed and flicked on my light. Of course, there was nothing there. When my mom eventually did get home (I had my light on the entire time) I told her about it but I don't think she remembers because she was kind of drunk and tired. It felt like a bad presence to me but I brushed it off as best I could.

Then last night I was on the computer talking to my friends on msn when all of a sudden I got really cold. I went to lay down on the couch in the living room. I was laying there in my sleeping bag (it's made for like zero temperatures and it was above zero Celsius in my house) when after around twenty minutes or so, I stopped shivering and went to sleep for a while. When I woke up, I was sweating really bad and could tell I had a fever but outside my sleeping bag it was freezing so I just stayed there and stayed hot. My mouth was dry and I had to go to the washroom so I got up. At this moment I felt like my skin was on fire and I was dizzy and really weak. I nearly fell on our oil stove (it's used for heating our house) and I couldn't seem to get enough to drink. I didn't go to bed until my mom got home that night.

I woke up a bit before five that morning and felt nearly 100% better. Later when I woke up for school (around 7:30) I had a bit of a headache and one of my lip rings had just fallen out which was a little weird. I just put the ring back in and took a pill. I fell that all of these things, the sitting, the sickness, the lip ring, were all connected somehow. If you have any advice to help feel better in my house, it would be a great help.

Other hauntings by Lunar_fox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lunar_fox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-23)
Hi Lunar_fox. I tend to agree with everybody. It seems to be explainable. Maybe you were feeling anxious because your Mom wasn't home? I'm glad you don't have anything else (of a terrifying nature) to tell us, you should feel happy about that. If you have anything else you have going on that you're unsure of, please let us know. Everyone here would be glad to help in any way we can.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Hi Lunar_fox. Although your experiences may have been very frightening and you may have thought it was a ghost, I am leaning more towards what Whitebuffalo and Kim said. It very well could have been something paranormal but unless there are more incidents to relate, then I would have to go the scientific or logical route on this one. Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
whitebuffalo
In regards to your second comment, that was the first and only time that anything has sat on my bed. I've felt other things that I was able to brush off before this incident. But having something sit near me while I try to sleep is just too much for me.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Well, what about the first instance? In the first couple of paragraphs you outlined a story that promised to be filled with unseen visitors or feelings, but that has not been addressed. Was that the first and last time you ever felt something sit on your bed that you could not see? Just curious still, I guess.
Thank you.
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I would like to thank everyone who has given me advice on this. I thank you very much.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I believe that you had a bot of a scare then tried to link the other incidents to it, maybe giving way to your anxities? I would wait a bot and see if there are any additional occurances before jumping to any conclusions.

Keep us posted.
God Bless!
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Hi lunarfox,
It could be your own fear and anxieties giving rise to such incidents. My advice to you is - be bold and daring. I took it more scientifically than something paranormal. That too I'm not sure.LOL.Anyways,Thanks 4 sharing your experience with me and everyone on YGS.
-SIDDHARTH
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
I hesitate to be the first to post a comment on this story as there are those here who have much more experience than I, but something strikes me as explained, though it is just my thoughts.
You are wrapped up in an arctic sleeping bag, that will of course raise your body temperature. And then the "outside" temp is a bit chilled, if not downright cold. It is a possibility that the chill you felt was simply from the colder air hitting the perspiration that may have been on your body. When I wake up in a sweat, I usually have an unquenchable thirst.
Did you FEEL anything other than the cold? I mean, a few days before you felt someone sit on your bed. Did you have a like experience this day also?
I do not mean to infer that this is not a ghost story, it may very well be. These are just my thoughts after reading what you have provided so far. Thank you for sharing your story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Hello Lunar_fox, I could br wrong but I don`t think that your experiences are connected. Whatever sat on your bed left when you turned on the light and your other-you just got sick. It has happened to me numerous times in my life, you feel like crap one day and fine the next. Thank you for sharing and God Bless.

❤ FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: