You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House Is Filled with Strange Activities

Real Ghost Stories

My House Is Filled with Strange Activities

 

This all started when I began to stay alone in my house (I was about 12). I would be alone in the house and I would be doing something when I would see things from the corner of my eye and I would hear things constantly. An example of seeing things would be things such as light or a shadow sort of passing me, but being gone when I would really look for it. My dog and cats would follow things with their eyes and the dog wags her tail while supposedly starring off into space.

I never really thought much of it until one day I was alone watching t.v. while sitting near a coffee table and a plastic spoon hit me (I had a bunch of them sitting on the coffee table at the time for one reason or another). That's when I knew something was here.

Once when I was younger, I was walking to my bedroom at night and saw what appeared to be a person or large dog (it was a black shape) curled up on my mother's bed. Recently, (I'm 16 now) I've been seeing things and hearing things more often and I'm not the only one. My boyfriend was walking into my room and when he got to my bed, he looked towards the door and saw a dark shadowy figure of a man standing there. I was there but I didn't bother to look because I have seen things like that when I was younger IN my room. It has not been inside my room since I have been shutting the door at night. My mother recently was in her bedroom and saw what she thought was the dog but when she turned to look it wasn't there and our dog was downstairs.

I hear cars and things driving by my house or pulling in the driveway almost everyday (me and my mother live close to the road where there isn't exactly a load of traffic) and we have these big windows facing the road so I would see if anything was there and half the time it's "nothing".

Personally I believe that the raised activity is because of the work that was just done to a part of the house (near the side door). We had the floor torn up and had a new one put in. Another theory I have as to why I see things all the time is because when I was around 12 and 13 me and some friends would play with a Ouija board at my friend's houses (he lived at his grandmothers and then with his mother and stepfather and currently with his father).

Other hauntings by Lunar_fox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lunar_fox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-17)
Hello Lunar_fox.
I agree with Shane. Being Wiccan has nothing to do with experiences with the Unknown. It only means that you may have a better working knowledge of the "natural" things in life and how to respect them more than some others may.
The Ouija may have opened the door, but I also think the renovation has a lot to do with it. Ghosts tend to get a bit disturbed when you start to "tear up" their home.
When the experiences get too creepy for you, I would pray to the Goddess and ask for a fear block. Whatever you feel that would take your mind off of the fear and onto that something else. Fear tends to feed ghosts, and we would not want anything (like the plastic ware) to harm you.
zena1129 (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
I completely agree with Bellissima expecially about the ouija board part.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
Being Wiccan has nothing to do with what you experienced and if people believe that, that is the cause of your events then they have a very closed mind. That being said, people all around the world see things moving from the corner of their eyes only to have them disappear when they look at them head on. Some may be particales floating within the eyes fluid, others may truely be paranormal. Only you can make that determination. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
I did try to find out a little about the house from older people that have lived around here there whole lives, and I didn't find out much except the house is about 50 years old, there's a dog buried between the apple tree and the big tree and the original occupants were a woman and her husband. The husband was suspected of committing suicide at sea(I live on a island where a lot of people go fishing) while he was fishing. The woman died from either a heart attack or cancer, I don't remember what one but she died in the hospital. And apparently the man loved the apple tree. I do pray when I get a weird feeling(I'm a Wiccan if that matters to anyone).
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-14)
Hi, Lunar_Fox. Oh my, you should never fool with a ouija board, they are bad news! Mostly it sounds as if things are pretty casual. I think someone was disturbed by the renovations. You should just tell it to go, that it needs to move on and leave you alone. Be safe and smart, let it move on. Take care.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Hi Lunar Fox,
Have you ever tried to get info on your house like the history of it? Is it an old house or is it new? You might be right when it comes to the house and the renovations. There tends to be a lot of actvity start when there is renovations on an old house. They say they don't like to have their house disturbed. I know you said that your boyfriend and mom had seen something but prior to this had you said anything to them about what was happening?
Be very carefull when they start to throw things you might get hurt.
In my opinion if you feel confortable with it than that's okay but if you don't you might want to mention it to your mom or if you are a church goer and a christian than you can talk to your Pastor at church and he can come over and say a prayer and bless the house.
Good Luck

My the Lord bless you! 😊
Natalin

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: