You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Possible Ghost Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghost Following Me

 

This all starts when I was in high school. I use to live in Upstate New York in a house that was built by my great-grandparents a long time ago. Living there, I kind of always felt like I was being watched. I would also suffer from sleep paralysis almost nightly. Nothing else would happen. I eventually moved to New Jersey, this is when strange things started happening.

I can't exactly remember the order but I remember everything. These would happen months apart from each other. One night, I woke up with a small scratch on my chest, I wrote it off as I scratched myself even though it was bleeding and my nails are extremely short. I've also randomly found a cut on my foot when I didn't walk in tall grass or anything like that, it just appeared. That same day I also felt like someone brushed against my leg or poked it.

Another time, I had closed my windows, and my boyfriend watched me do it. When I came back home they were open.

I have heard things move around on tables one time, and a knock right next to my bed. At this point, I am thinking it's a ghost but I'm not exactly sure.

This next event though made me %100 sure. I was in the living room talking to friends and right in front of me an object that has never been moved for a long time slid off the table. Since those events I have moved and for a while nothing happened until recently.

I was up in my room and I left, when I came back a drawer that I know was closed had been open. No one else had been in there. Today, another thing happened that is defiantly making me think I'm being followed. I had placed an object on top of the toaster over in a way where it couldn't fall by itself. Out of nowhere right in front of me it just rolls off. I don't know who or what is following me. I don't even know where it came from...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jersey4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-26)
Paul1.

Welcome to YGS.

By a "Miraculous Medal", do you mean a blessed medal?. From my understanding, these are two very different things.
Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-26)
Get some Holy Water and bless yourself. Keep a Miraculous Medal on you.
Shaunmichael (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Hey Jersey4ever:
My name is Michael, I know u made this post awhile ago and I just wondering how things are going for you? I would like to know more about what you are going through. I'm a LICENSED Private Detective that Specializes in the paranormal. My team and I help people/families FREE of charge. I'm a former NJ Police Officer and Military Specialist, we bring a scientific approach to the unknown, providing evidence to what people are experiencing. We also bring peace and closure to every case. This is something we do full time, so there is no waiting, and its NOT a hobby, like it is for most paranormal groups. If I can help, please email me at: njinvestigates [at] yahoo.com
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
I would take note of what and when things are happening, try and find a connection to what could be happening. It could be attached to something you own.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
Jersey4ever -

The "entity", may not be attached to you but something that you carry along with you to new places. Like a furniture, a lamp etc. So, firstly, are you tagging along any of these with you over the last few years.?

Secondly, Does this happen when you are alone or at the presence of your boyfriend as well? Have you discussed the situation with him to understand if he has experienced anything similar?

Thirdly,Has the spirit ever tried communicating with you, like have you heard voices, seen apparitions etc.?

Lastly, the items that fell down, are these too light? Just to rule out the possibility it moved/roled down due to wind.

Cheers,
Nal
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
Journal, Journal, Journal and Research, Research, Research.

'Strange happenings' not remembered in any certain order could be just that... Strange Happenings...

On the other hand Strange Happenings recorded in a Journal so they may be compared to other Strange Happenings and Research into the property may lead to an answer (s).

Some of these 'experiences' may have been poltergeist in nature (during your early teen years) and others MAY just be a sensitivity to High EMF levels (feeling of being watched is one example).

Between a Journal being kept and Research being done answers can (may) be found. (Can you tell I like Journals and Research?)

Respectfully,

Rook
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
You didn't mention having SP or the feeling of being watched once you moved to New Jersey, jersey4ever. Both of which could be simply explained.

Why do you think your being followed? Could it be that you're just moving to places that have different entities and you're sensitive to them?

I would suggest that you either ignore them or acknowledge them. Something like, "Stop that, I know you're there." Like Melda said, they could just want you to know they're there.

Thanks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
jersey4ever - When you say that a ghost is following you, do you suspect that it has attached itself to you? It could simply be attached to the house or the land.

I'm not quite sure whether you feel that it followed you from Upstate New York to New Jersey, or whether what you are experiencing at present is restricted to where you are now living. It could just be trying to attract your attention, which doesn't necessarily mean that it is following you.

I would appreciate it if you could clear that up for me.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: