You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Following Me

 

When I was about 4 or 5 years old I had a rather scary thing happen to me, it was summer and about 5:30 or 6:00 am and I was awake laying in my bed. Suddenly a fear came over me like I had never had in my life, not ever in my 60 years have I ever felt so scared, horrified would be a better word. For some reason I knew that I was not alone in my room something or someone was here with me. I did not see anyone but it was there, being 4 or 5 years old I just covered up with my blanket because there is something magical about blankets monsters can't touch them, so I was told - boy was I wrong!

I was so scared I remember I was shaking, I knew who or what was in my room now was beside my bed. I wanted to call for my dad or mom but I was speechless then the most unthinkable thing happened, what or who it was beside my bed began to touch me on my head, my side and my foot not soft but hard touching like it was trying to take my blanket off!

Finally I yelled for my dad and mom. My father came running into my room and asked me what was going on. I told him what had happened and he told me that no one was here in my room. He was wrong I was wide awake. I explained to my mom and she just gave me a look like yea I believe you. My mother had told me that she had seen many times her mom and dad and brother that were deceased for years.

Anyways about 10 years later we were in our new home again summer time about 5:30 or 6:00 am I just woke up and could not go back to sleep I must of laid there for 45 minutes and had the strongest feeling to get up. I tried to shake it off but I was so,so,drawn into the fact that I had to get up all those feelings I had had as a 5 year old that day came back to me but being a little bit older not as scary but more drawn would be a better word. So I woke up my brother who was 3 years younger at this time and we shared a room together. I told him let's get up he said he was tired and wanted to go back to sleep but after some pretty good talking he said let's get up. Now when we got up and opened our bedroom door I was in the lead and I had my back to the wall, he was behind me back to the wall also. He said to me in a hush tone, " what are you doing?"

I looked at him and said someone is here to see me and that person was in the kitchen, he looked shocked! As we crept down the hallway backs to the wall we finally were at the edge of the kitchen I stopped looked over my left shoulder towards the back door and there she was, a lady dressed in black dress, very happy looking right at me!

I quickly turned my head towards my brother and pointed to the back door he took a quick peek and looked at me and said "who is that?" I took another look and she was there, staring right back at me. Finally after all these years it was her that was in my room when I was 5 years old, don't know how I knew but I knew.

My brother took another look and he ran so fast into my parents room. I looked again and she was still looking right at me but I felt no fear, none. As I was looking at her my father came out of their room asking me, as he came down the hallway, "what is going on?" I took one more look but she was gone.

Later that day my mother showed me a picture of her mom that I had never met, she died a month after I was born. It was her! My mom's mom.

She asked me to describe what she was wearing as I was telling my mom what she was wearing my mom began to cry she had told me that is what mom was buried in those exact clothes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, topper22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
Wow, pretty scary the first incident. I would have been scared as a child too. Very well told.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
topper22 - As you were so young when you had your first experience with a spirit, I can understand that you were terrified. In fact even adults would be terrified.

Perhaps your fear gave you the impression that this entity was aggressive, when in actual fact it was just familiarising itself with you, although I feel that this spirit's actions were rather intrusive.

It seems that you were intuitively drawn to the kitchen, which is interesting. Possibly that message was sent to you by her telepathically. This time you felt no fear because you obviously sensed her benevolence, plus she was happy and smiled at you.

I know you are convinced that the spirit who frightened you when you were about five years old was also your grandmother but don't you think that it might perhaps have been somebody else? The only reason I ask is because of the fear you felt while being touched "hard" as though it wanted to take your blanket off. Not a very grandmotherly action, to my way of thinking.

At least your mother could validate that the lady you saw in the kitchen was your grandmother.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-22)
Welcome to YGS.

Topper22 - that's quite interesting. Perhaps you will disagree with me but, in my opinion, you were very lucky encountering your Grandmother twice.
It seems to me that she was always keeping an eye on her family and was only curious about you during the first experience, and not only that, but she understood that showing up the way she did frightened you, making her behave more subtlety during her second visit.

You mention both visits happening during the summer but, do you remember if they happened on the same date? Did you ever asked your mother if that day was of any significance to her mother, like a birthday or the day of her passing?

Thanks for sharing this fascinating experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: