You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Night Terrors Poltergeist Visions Etc

Real Ghost Stories

Night Terrors Poltergeist Visions Etc

 

When I was a toddler, I suffered severe traumatic night terrors that stayed with me until I was a teenager, and occasional bouts in adulthood.

When I was 15, I started to experience unusual paranormal activity in our home. Unfortunately I was the focus of poltergeist activity within our home for almost a year. I had just started my periods at 15, this is when it got out of hand. The friction with my parents going through divorce and this did affect me a lot and I chose to stay with my father, my siblings went with my mother. Activity, although focused on me, it however traumatised my siblings, my puppy, and incidents happened around my parents too (thankfully they had witnessed the phenomenon.)

After one evening my mum drove me back to my dad's house and she witnessed the entity looking out of my bedroom window, waiting for me to return home. My mother turned to me and asked "what the hell is that?" I explained what had been happening since my mum left home. My mum went into the house cursing and demanding for him to leave the property. My mother would not allow me back in to the house, while she collected my belongings. My mother approached 2 mediums and they kindly offered their services. The mediums were wife/husband team and she was a trance medium.

She allowed the entity to enter her body so the could help him into the light, after much persuasion he went to the light. His story was tragic, he explained that the man was a farmer on the land where we lived, and in 1856, his son Jon Davey was killed by a wooden horse drawn wagon running over his abdomen, crushing him to death. His son was only 16, and he blamed himself for losing his son, hence why he was stuck here as he never forgave himself. This farmer was extremely stubborn and from what we have speculated that he thought I reminded him of his step daughter, and he considered me unruly. From what we gathered we think he was abusing his stepdaughter, hence the fascination with me.

The trance medium gave us dated names etc to see if we could verify, and we did. We found newspaper clippings of the tragic death of Jon, who died on the land where our house was built.

After the mediums sending the farmer into the light, there was peace and tranquillity within the home. After all this we went for spiritual counseling. Through this stressful time I was told I had a gift, healing, and I hear voices. I have been scared for a long time due to what I experienced and turned my back on it.

However my 3 girls all show signs of a gifted abilities, so I needed to get over what I had been through. I know I need to get a grip, so I can protect them.

As I said before I hear voices all the time and I generally hide what I hear. Some seem demonic in nature intent in wanting me to end my life... A fight on a daily basis.

I do wonder if the night terrors/poltergeist are linked. Does this mean I could be psychic opening me up and what's causing me to have destructive thoughts? I have lost myself and trying to pick myself up, and I need some clarity on this. Are there links from terrors and psychic ability, would it explain the terrors were classed psychic attacks-realist of seeing actual supernatural entities visiting through the night? Have loads of info on this if anyone is interested, and I can go into greater detail.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, weewilliewinkie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
I think you were born with a gift of being a medium. Embrace it. It can be a quite powerful gift. I am the 4th generation of being a medium in my family, and I too tried to block it out for the longest time until here recently. My boyfriend has taught me how to channel with the spirits and how to ground myself for when they come around. I hope with whatever you shall do, I hope it works best for you.

As for this... I believe things like this is heritary. My daughter shows signs of the gift as well. Please look more into studying up on the paranormal:)
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
I think what happened was you were going through a lot of stress, with your parents divorce, and your body changing. It could have attracted this to you. I second BadJuuJuu's advise. It couldn't hurt to get checked out by a licensed doctor to rule out mental or physical problems.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Ok, I will try to be as gentle as possible with my comment, but I don't believe that your current situation is paranormal or psychic in nature. Hearing voices telling you to harm yourself is associated with certain illnesses, and it would be a very good idea to speak to your health care provider about those voices. The best help available for this particular situation may well be given by a health professional. Please don't take chances with this situation, you and your children deserve for you to be healthy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: