You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Why Are Entities Experienced So Individually?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Are Entities Experienced So Individually?

 

I have always wondered why those that are sensitive (or those that happen to just experience a supernatural event) experience them so individually. Some people see black and white entities, others in color, some have been able to speak to them, or hear disembodied voices as clear as day. I find this to be such a strange phenomenon regarding the human senses. I ponder if it's due to the fact that entities are just as spontaneous or meaningful in their decisions as they were when alive or if it is dependent on the abilities of the living.

Both my mother and I have had experiences with entities for a very long time, both starting in childhood and continuing onward. Though there is a particular difference in our experiences. My mother has seen solid apparitions in full color while I have only seen sheer ones.

When my mother and father went on a trip when I was a little girl (can't remember my exact age but this was when we were living in Cali so I was definitely under 9). They were staying at a hotel. One night my mother woke up and saw two solid apparitions of what looked like men from the 1800's. My mother described them as looking like farmers or miners because they had overalls on. She still is not sure of the time period they could have come out of. One man was African American, the other was Caucasian. They never looked at my mother. They just kept looking out the window. She pulled the blanket over her head and when she looked back up they were gone.

For me personally, I've only ever seen apparitions and entities that were shadow figures or sheer. And most of my experiences have been through hearing disembodied voices, being touched, and feeling the atmosphere of a room suddenly change. I haven't seen an apparition in years.

Why is it that contact with the paranormal is experienced so differently? Is it down to ability, situation, or what the entity wants to reveal? Is it all of the above?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DirtCreature, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
[at] Azrael, I am sure it was residual but it doesn't have much to do with my question as to why paranormal experiences are so individual. Plus, my mom does not remember the hotel name and it frustrates her to this day. That was at least 10 years ago.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
[at] DirtCreature could you by any chance find out how old is the hotel you mother & father stayed in?

1. If it was a really old building and
2. The fact that the two people were inside the building looking/peeping outside (not occupying a space, but being inside a building) and
3. Not paying any attention to your mom's presence,

Then it could be a Residual Haunting.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-29)
Thanks for the feedback, Mack. I think some entities do not want to communicate. That's one of the reasons I hate "ghost hunting" shows. First off, I hate the greed, y profit-directed, arse hats running around buildings playing make believe. But second, even if there were entities present and the shows were real, some ghosts probably want to be left alone and have their space respected. Two way communication is probably one of the greatest factors involved in how entities are experienced individually.:)
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-29)
Hi Dirtcreature - that's an intriguing question for sure. In my humble opinion, Tweed and Randy are a couple of respected posters who have their heads screwed firmly on, and they offer sound theories.

I can't really add any more to those other than possibly it's a level of desire and will in terms of how much the spirits WANT to communicate with us coupled with how much ABILITY they have to do so. The other side to the communication equation would be the psychic development of the spirit expressing themselves through matter (us) which would determine how well we can see / hear / sense a spirit.

Another way I look at it, and it's really the same kind of thing, would be two really good friends (on Earth) who have drifted apart. If they wanted to get back in touch, they would put in a certain amount of effort to track that other person down. The effort would depend on the level of desire to find that person, but would be somewhat tempered with that persons ability to utilise all their intelligence and skill to enable them to get in touch with that person.

If BOTH people are attempting to communicate / find each other, then the chances would be pretty good, if they had the skills and determination to do so. It MUST be the same kind of scenario with spirits and us, to a degree?

Obviously there are different scenarios when spirits appear, for example when we suddenly awake to a sinister shadowy figure standing by our beds etc. That's not a two-way communication thing, rather more like a deceased sicko terrorizing people for their cheap thrills.

Anyway, I hope I've made a clear point that has helped?

Regards

Mack
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-28)
I remember us talking about that before on another story a long time ago. I remember mentioning of how the veil exists for a reason; it separates both realities for a reason. So it definitely is a difficult thing to comprehend. I do agree it must be a combination of different factors. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out which factors are at work. I am starting to think my sense may not be as strong in the area of sight (as it was in childhood) but stronger with touch, hearing, and some dreams. I used to get annoyed because I wanted to see ghosts more. I value and appreciate my "abilities" and experiences now because a lot of people do not experience these kinds of things and want to very badly. It's definitely impacted my life philosophies and how I view the meaning of death.

I love that point about the difficulties faced by those passed on. I know that one of the hardest parts of grieving for many is feeling like their loved ones are missing, no longer feeling them "around". Being able to cope and accept that feeling of loss is probably one of the hardest things anyone can do. I suppose some might feel guilt wondering where their loved ones are and why they haven't visited. The veil is there for a reason, if I may reiterate.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Dirtcreature

I would like to 2nd Tweeds comments

1 think it's for several reasons and factors coming together at the right time

1st. I do believe we all have the abilities within us but some are better than others. While anyone can be taught to play Chopsticks on the piano some people are just gifted like Mozart when it comes to music. I can only reason that perhaps it's a different part of our brains that some are able to tap into
I really don't see it as any different than how some people are talented in music,sports,creativity,etc.
It's a gift just like those things

2nd. Those living on the other side of death are better at some things than others. There interaction with our world is done by manipulating energy
Some are good at makings noises, some can enter your dreams, some are better at speaking where the living can hear them and many are good at sending the memory of smells to the living.
Some are just better at manipulating energy than others and thus they find it a little easier to break through to the living.

We must always remember that for those on the other side breaking through to this side is extremely difficult. Some just can't. So it's good to keep in mind that if we don't hear from those we love that have passed it may not be there is not a desire on their part but between it being difficult for them and most of the living being unable it just doesn't happen. That plus there are reasons the two worlds are separated

I also want to say I agree with Tweed that sometimes I think it accidental that an interaction happens. Those on the other side can return to visit any place they can remember from life. They can be in a place and remain completely undetected to all the fancy gadgets we may have. Simply put
If they don't want the living to know they are there then the living won't. But on occasions when not when not being diligent and the conditions are right then I do think we detect them or have an interaction that is by accident on their part

Those are my thoughts and I hope it helps add to what your post is about

Take care
Randy
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Thanks Tweed <33
Also thanks for the in-depth post.

I find that peculiar too, how some of the living and the passed on can have differing skills. I have heard some entities clear as day, and sometimes heard voices only when the room was quiet, the voice like an electrified whisper.

Yeah, my dad was sleeping. My mom tried to wake him up and tell him and he never believed her. My dad is of Islamic faith with my mom coming from Italian Catholic background but also spiritual so there was definitely a differing in opinions there lol.

I do think that sometimes people fail to experience things because they don't recognize it like how you pointed out the example regarding walking past an entity that looks living. I try to be aware of my environment, to the noises and movements of a room. I like to know what's going on; plus it's a good way to get used to what a "quiet" room actually sounds like, rule out mundane noises from the not-so-mundane.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-05-27)
Hi DirtCreature, great post! 😊

I think ghost encounters are a matter of 'all of the above'. The encounters experienced by two or more people at the same time where all involved experience the same indicate the ghost/s are able to manipulate the physical world to some extent. These include two or more people hearing or seeing, feeling, smelling etc the same thing at the same time.

Whereas the encounters experienced by one person, or where two or more experience something with differing details (as happened to Kindly and his mate with those spooky shoes) These types indicate there's something of a telepathic, subconscious level of manipulation at play. Where a ghost may be able to open an exchange with parts of the person/s perception.

Then there are 'accidental' encounters, where I think the ghosts don't mean to break through the physical barrier but for whatever reason do. These include when people notice fleeting shadows dart from here to there. Or a few instances where ghosts have been caught off guard. These types intrigue me. I'd love to know why these entities are interacting with the physical world, seemingly behind our back lol.

Also there are individual strengths and weaknesses in sensing ghosts. Some are good at seeing ghosts if they go into a meditate zone for example. Some have empath skills.
I also wonder if some ghosts are better at certain skills than others. I guess practice makes perfect, like anything. But I think all of the above apply because each situation is different.

Who knows, if someone woke at the same time that night they might have seen those guys there just as clearly as she did. I heard a paranormal investigator say once 'everyone's probably seen a ghost without knowing it, you could walk by one in the street, how would you know?' I'm rather partial to that theory. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: