You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Murder Of One

Real Ghost Stories

Murder Of One

 

It started immediately after Jacob left and it continues today.

When the ceremony that evening was complete, it was obvious something had changed. The darkness that had enveloped our place of business had been lifted and the atmosphere was much lighter. Unless you have experienced oppression from the other side, these words mean little. If you have indeed felt the binds of spiritual warfare, it is a palpable presence; and you are likely nodding your head as you read these words.

This is an opinion I have developed from my experiences. I am an expert at nothing but breathing in and exhaling... The rest is left to someone mightier than I.

Much like a manufactured product never meant to be taken apart or an item broken and repaired; when you intentionally break the seal to the other side, the door never closes cleanly again... The hinges sag and the latches don't quite line up. When Jacob eventually went to the light, he found solace and forgiveness, but his wrongs on this earth, in both life and death, were significant. It is my personal opinion that there is no greater offense in the spiritual realm, than to prey on other spirits. Our property was, and still is, an active passage for spirits to enter the natural world. Jacob was a soul collector. Although I do not know how, his presence trapped countless spirits who innocently transcended through the portal, and his torment of them ended when they were released prior to his expulsion. The spirit presence at our property, for lack of a better word, has become frivolous for the most part. Encounters are less frequent and are usually of a playful and mischievous nature. When Jacob influenced the property, sadness and panic were the common empathetic vibe. Spirits came through to those who experienced them with a sense of urgency and fear, and whether it was intentional or not, their effects on the living were much more negative. With their freewill suppressed by this being, they sought attention of the living when they otherwise would have needed no help crossing between worlds. When an entity acts as he did, I believe there are measures taken beyond our realm to ensure that it never happens again.

It was obvious to all who were there that night; there were presences stronger than Jacob in attendance. Throughout the ceremonies we heard and felt them, and when the event ended in an unexpectedly anticlimactic fashion; we all felt as if we had been shooed from the woods to allow them to finish. They took whatever measures were necessary to secure Jacob that evening; but... It seems they cannot guarantee his permanent removal. So, they have posted guards.

As directed by a Shaman, my spirit animal is the eagle. Since the eagle really has no natural predators, they have only man to fear. In me, it really doesn't even have that. Although I fear for my loved ones and friends, fear really isn't a reaction I afford myself for me. I am not trying to be boastful or macho in saying this, but I have seen worse than death, nothing really scares me. Conflict rarely presents itself in my life and when it does, at most it is an annoyance.

So what is the biggest annoyance for any bird of prey? Crows. To say that I see them everywhere is like the average person saying they took a breath. They do not pursue me, they do not attack me... But other than when I am sleeping, their presence is always apparent to the point that other people notice them too. They are at my work, they are at my home, they are at our business, they are at my children's school events, they are outside the window at my doctor's office. Most of you are probably thinking, "You just live where there are a lot of crows." I wish that were the case.

At first, I found it extremely unnerving. Now it is almost comical. Other than their obvious preoccupation with me and their willingness to perch far too close, most seem like normal crows. As I said, they don't really follow me. It is almost like an escort. I have driven down the road and noticed them on the side of the road picking at road kill or trash, just to have the same birds take flight and fly in front of my car like we are in some bizarre auto/avian flight formation. I've even had them change lanes with me simultaneously as they fly 20 feet in front of the car. Ever seen a crow fly 75 mph? Me either, they can't. These "crows" do. At least for short distances. When I see them travel in this fashion, there seems to be a glitch in their appearance. They appear solid, traveling at what seems to be a normal rate of speed for a bird of this species, and then seem to fade and pick up speed at a rate unachievable for a real crow. These occurrences only last for seconds at a time and then the "bird" loses speed and drifts out of sight in a direction I can't see from my vehicle.

I had to deliver a project to a client one day. The client's office was about two hours away. When I got there, there were two parking spots about five spots from each other. Sitting on the ground in each parking spot were crows. There wasn't anything notable to eat, no insects to prey on, no reason such a secretive and reclusive bird would put itself that close to humans. I eased into the spot that only had one crow hopping around in it. The bird did not fly, it merely hopped onto the curb and walked down the sidewalk away from me. As I was unloading one of the boxes to deliver to the client, I heard a ruckus. A pickup truck had pulled into the other spot half-hazard and had scattered the crows that had inhabited it. The crows flew into a nearby tree above the parking lot and watched me walk past them and enter the building. About 10 minutes later one of the employees of our client followed me back to my vehicle to help with the remaining boxes. As we approached my vehicle, she asked, "What's with the crow?" Sitting on the hood of my car was a very large, inquisitive looking bird. I walked past it, likely within four feet, and said, "I guess he likes me." I went around the back of the vehicle grabbed a box and brought it to her on the sidewalk, walked past it again, got another box and walked past the crow and her as she stood there staring at the crow. "I guess he does," she stated as she caught up to me. "He's huge," she exclaimed looking over her shoulder a couple of times as we walked to the front door. When I went into the building I had to wait in a short line at a receptionist's desk to drop off the delivery. I overheard a couple of workers talking about something. From the gist of the conversation, it was about paranormal activity which had been happening in the building and about one or both of their experiences. I got an image of a man that I did not know, who was upset about a chair...? I thought about interjecting into the conversation, but had the distinct impression that it would not be well received.

I went to my physical therapist one day. I pulled into the parking area, no crows in sight. I sat in the waiting room for about five minutes and three crows flew onto the edge of the roof, sitting at the edge so their tails were visible from the window. When my name was called, I walked through the therapy area to the far end of the building to meet with my therapist. While I was talking to her, the crows landed on the roof outside of this window and began cawing loudly. She did not seem to notice them immediately, but after a minute or two, she stood up and looked out the window. "I have never seen them do that before," she stated as she returned to the table. This woman is very religious and we had talked about my work with the paranormal group in the past. Although we had opposing views on the paranormal, she was always open to discussion. She asked me about what the group had been up to and added her own opinion about our experiences. The more we talked, the louder the cawing got. She got up again and went to the window. She hollered at the crows to try to startle them away. None of them moved, they only got even louder. Frustrated, she slammed the window shut. The crows continued to caw and squawk the entire time I was with her. When I left the building, there were no crows in sight.

It has been almost three years since Jacob left. About two months ago I began an exercise regimen that includes jogging. On the first day, while jogging, I had an entity run alongside me for a short period of time and appeared again outside my home when I returned. The only reason I mention this is that when I told my wife about my experience later that evening she said that she also had an experience at our business.

My wife was covering for one of our kitchen personnel and was standing at the sink. She said she felt a presence behind her. She said she did not see anything, and did not turn around to look. My wife does not think she has any level of sensitivity when it comes to spirits, so admittedly, I do relish a bit in pointing out when she does. "So what did he look like?" I asked, smiling. It is entertaining to me when someone who thinks they are far removed from the paranormal realizes they had an experience that they did not originally determine was unearthly, in fact was. Her quizzical look quickly changed to realization as she found that not only was the entity indeed male, but she could describe him. She said he was really tall, and he was dressed like Abraham Lincoln.

Anyone who has read my stories knows this description. I did not take this news well. I did not know how he had gotten back, but I knew that as God was my witness, he was not staying. I headed to the front door and was going to drive to our business immediately. My wife did not think this was a good idea, and rather than leaving her worrying at home, I decided I would deal with this when she did not know of my intent.

The next morning, I noticed an unusual number of crows cawing in the distance when I was jogging in the dark. As I ran, all I could think about was Jacob. Jacob is back. What next? I finished my run and returned to the house and showered, all the while consumed by the events that have happened over the past several years playing over and over in my head. I decided I would go to our business on my way to work and address our unwanted guest.

The crow was sitting on the roof of my shed at the end of the driveway when I exited the house in the dark. When I walked out the door, it began cawing loudly. I stopped in my tracks and stared in its direction. In the early morning darkness, I could just make out its outline as it shifted with each of its vocalizations. I do not know how long I stood there, but by the time I realized that I had been somewhat mesmerized by the bird, I also realized it was no longer cawing. And then I realized it was no longer there at all. I felt a little dizzy as I walked to my vehicle and got in. I sat at the wheel for a minute or two trying to figure out if I was alright. I started the vehicle and drove out onto the road and proceeded to work, so consumed by my momentary lack of awareness/consciousness that I had driven almost half of the 40 mile commute before I realized I had completely forgotten about stopping at the building.

Having spent a good deal of time thinking about this since that morning, I think the door is being protected from both sides. Much as I feel I am the best defense for my family from a future attack; whatever is in control of keeping Jacob from me, is also able to influence my ability to get to him. It seems a confrontation provoked by either side would be detrimental to the delicate balance we currently exist within.

To date, there has been no further evidence that Jacob has returned, and nothing has negatively affected the property or my family...yet.

Other hauntings by LouSlips

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LouSlips, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GreenGhost1985 (15 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-05)
That darn Jacob! Hope all is well with you and your family Lou...
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
That gave me the chills! In India, crows somehow have a negative (far from holy) connotation. They are almost representatives of departed souls. When we have the barsi/varsha shraaddha (yearly remembrances of the departed), it is custom for the mourning family to lay out a dish of food for the crows first. Only after a crow has partaken this ceremonial food, can the rest of the family eat their meals. This custom also happens 13 days after the person has died.
jjuineseun (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
hello Louslips,

Any updates lately? And your writing is really captivating!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Thank you, Geetha50...

5050505050505050505050505050

Lou
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
I was wondering how I missed this one, than realized the day it was submitted on. It was while I was in India and with crappy internet connection.

Like others said, that is really creepy. As for the crows, in Hindu mythology, they are considered past ancestors and in pooja times, we would leave food out for the crows before we would eat and it is considered a good sign if the food is actually eaten. A crow in Hinduism is also known for survive several destruction. I don't know how that would help you but I hope it does.

Like the others, I wish you and your family all the best and hope that your evil friend doesn't come back.
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Your writing style is impeccable and your way with words really illustrate your experiences. Reading this and your other events really made me admire your steadfast way in dealing with these different beings. I can't guarantee what I would've done in those cases, but I'm pretty sure it involves all the blood draining from my face and perhaps a bit of fleeing and screaming. 😆
So you think that these crows were guardians of some kind, making sure that you and Jacob didn't cross "no-mans" land, so to speak, to erm, get back in touch?
I noticed you said that the crows were gone now, but something else seems to have come in their place, has it tried to communicate with you? And I was curious if you have tried talking to any kind of local Native American tribes in the area regarding Jacob/the crows/the young NA girl? Again, beautifully written.
-Jillian
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Ngute,
Nothing to report. He has stayed away, to the best of knowledge. Mysteriously, the crows have been notably absent since I posted the story... They may have been replaced, but I am waiting for a little more evidence before I jump to any conclusions on that.

Lou
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Wow what a great story! I don't remember reading it when it was originally posted. Do you have any updates on Jacob?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Lou; Another piece of brilliant writing! This was unnerving to say the least (your experiences, I mean.)
I think that you have things well under control, so stay safe. My best wishes to you and your family.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Never stop writing, Lou. In fact, stop whatever it is you're doing right now and write some more. It's in the hopes of discovering posts like yours that we spend hours and hours sifting through the dregs.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Woah! That's creepy. I never liked crows they usually give me kind of strange feelings.
May God Bless you and your family and keep away from any bad happenings.

~Nikky❤
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Hahahaha!Sorry for laughing but I couldn't help it Lou! He better be farting sunshine and crapping rainbows!Precious!
On a more serious note though I trually wish you do not encounter Jacob again and that he keeps his distance from you and your loved ones.

Krys
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Mizmimi, Krys, Ricoic, Argette, JS,

Thank you for your kind words and sentiments. I half-expected this account would convince everybody I was too far gone. Apparently that assessment is all in the company you keep.:)

Dan,
I have looked up the symbolic meaning of crows and ravens (which are two different species, btw) in Native American lore:

"The symbolic meaning of the Raven in Native American Indian lore describes the raven as a creature of metamorphosis, and symbolizes change/transformation.

In some tribes, the Raven is considered a trickster because of its transforming/changing attributes.

Often honored among medicine & holy men of tribes for its shape-shifting qualities, the Raven was called upon in ritual so that visions could be clarified. Native holy men understood that what the physical eye sees, is not necessarily the truth, and he would call upon the Raven for clarity in these matters.

Foremost, the Raven is the Native American bearer of magic, and a harbinger of messages from the cosmos. Messages that are beyond space and time are nestled in the midnight wings of the Raven and come to only those within the tribe who are worthy of the knowledge.

The Raven is also called upon in Native ritual for healing purposes. Specifically, the Raven is thought to provide long-distance healing.

The Raven is also a keeper of secrets, and can assist us in determining answers to our own "hidden" thoughts. Areas in our lives that we are unwilling to face, or secrets we keep that harm us - the Raven can help us expose the truth behind these (often distorted) secrets and wing us back to health and harmony."

I can see a lot that applies to my experiences in this writing.

Aussie,

I will take whatever I can get. Maybe Jacob has something other than negativity to offer, maybe the ceremony to recognize him did temper his demeanor... But I'm kind of a "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... And walk with a limp the rest of your life" kind of guy. IF he does show himself to anyone in my family, he better be farting sunshine and crapping rainbows... Or it is on.

Adouza,

No admissions required, no reverence allowed. My "abilities" came to me one dark night 22 years ago, and could disappear just as quickly. There is no doubt in my mind that it has left me in a better place than I would have been without it. But I neither revel in it or embrace it... I just hang on.
There isn't a single person reading this that does not have what I have, in some form or another... They just haven't peeled back the layers to expose it.

Lou
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Wow Lou. I am among those who've read all your accounts. I usually am miserly when it comes to acknowledging skill in someone who is better practised at it. (Call it EGO).
But in all honesty, you are! And if anything else, Jacob would know that staying away is the best option. Anything else would be injurious to his 'health'.

Salute
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
It is my belief Lou that those who go into the light and cross over can come back should there be reason too... Usually they are more at peace with themselves and more in tune with the universe and don't attach themselves emotionally for what ever reasons like they did prior to crossing over... Interesting you felt someone jogging along side you? Not in front? Or behind? Which suggest to me they are running beside you for a reason... You feel a lot of what Jacob has done in the past has left a lot of bad energy and perhaps evil to a degree still affecting the harmony of your home... I wonder and it may be a long shot? Has Jacob come back to set right the wrong he has left behind? Could this be a totally different ball game to the years gone by? Thank you for sharing your story.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
LouSlips: Mate great account as always and yes it is rather unnerving, why the crows? Why not some other animal? When you described the crow on the roof of your shed I think that would have been sealer for me, something is definitely going on and if your gut instinct is telling you it is about Jacob I don't need to tell you to follow it, but how do you break something like that down into actions for you to make?

Thanks for sharing another ripper!

Dan
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
I just wanted to say that this is a great story bro. You could seriously write a novel.

Thank you for sharing
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
What Granny said. This is a creepy situation. But well thought out and well written and a pleasure to read.
Ricoic (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Pratekya obviously doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Great narration lou, I am scared of crows now!
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
I wish we could vote down a comment more than once! I was on the red arrow hitting the mouse in frustration...Alas, one vote... Pratekya I'm not even going to say anything to you...
Lou, yet another extremely interesting experience and read. Gave me chills, I too echo grans and Javs HOLY CRAP! I sincerely wish you and your family all the best and have faith that, if needed, you are more than capable to deal with him.

Respectfully,
Krys
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
pratekya- Sooo... You're basing your "idiotic-feel-the- need-to-share-anyway" opinion, on a story you haven't even read? As a wise person once said "You have no power here. Be gone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!" Good Day to you.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
pratekya,

Thank you for your honest opinion... Drawn from an unread story. Thanks for your commitment. Your comment will likely be regarded appropriately. Be thankful that your experiences with the paranormal are limited to hearing about it from others. God only gives us what we can handle.

Lou

This comment from pratekya is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Rook,
Sorry I missed your comment the last time I looked. Your recipe, or a version of it, has helped in the past and will be employed if needed, thank you.

Yeah, it is all about elevation. The larger birds cannot defend themselves from attacks from above. Once the little birds get in the rearview mirror, the bigger birds are defensless.

Lou
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Thank you, Lori. I will be staying on point for the foreseeable future.:)

Lou
Haunted_cleaner (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Wow, I too will now look at the crows I see with suspicion.
Great read as are all your submissions.
Lou;I agree, you are the best defense to protect your family.
Take care.
Lori
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Lou,
Maybe the residual energy is making up for the space the crows filled for so long. With them leaving en masse like that, something else may have slipped in to fill the gaps.
It's just a theory I have been tossing around in my head, but it has to do with residual energy and why it does what it does.

Jav 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Jav,
I am not sure if I am all that comfortable with what is holding him back, because I still don't know what that is, and likely never will. I know that...well, that is not completely true... I feel that, the bulk of the crows I am seeing are flesh and bone birds like everyone else sees... But every once in awhile I will get a feeling about one of them, and they never fail to act peculiar or show me some sign of their abilities.
The crows have pretty much gone away ever since I submitted my story. Now I seem to be seeing what feels like residual energy, almost eveywhere I go. The reason I consider it residual is that it escalates in public buildings and settings, making me feel like what I am experiencing is more of a divulgence of information/history than it is an actual encounter with spirits. I wish I had a clue what it meant, but it is more than a little unnerving... I never thought I would miss the crows.

Lou
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Granny,

My wife has noticed the crows... They show up at our business, usually anywhere from two to a half dozen, about five minutes before I pull in.
Remarkably, after nearly three years of seeing them almost constantly, they left the day I submitted this story. I do not know if I somehow breached an agreement I did not know we had, or if they just needed time to recalibrate, because something new began when they left, and I am trying to adjust... But I know "they" have something to do with it.

Lou
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Thanks Lou this is very odd and I echo the word 'Creepy'.

Up in Maine the Eagles may not get along with the Crows... But I gotta tell you something...it's odd as hell watching a Red Tail Hawk flee from a Texas Mocking Bird.

Thanks for sharing, I hope all is well and your welcome to try my 'Recipe' if you think it may help you and yours.

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: