You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doors Opening And Closing

Real Ghost Stories

Doors Opening And Closing

 

Two weeks ago I was at my Great Auntie's house, and she was telling me about the risky things she used to do. She told me that she used to use a Ouija board regularly in the house before her husband died. She, her husband and my grandma would all participate and they would get some frightening responses. She asked me if I wanted to use one with her that night and I refused (but have since used one several times as a result of intrigue).

I went upstairs and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. On my way out, I had to pass my great auntie's son's room. I knew that he was out working his night shift and that his boyfriend was also out, so that room should have been empty. The door was a quarter open like it had been all day, and without warning the door slammed shut with force. The door knob didn't turn, it literally just slammed shut the moment I came parallel to it and glanced in the room. I tried to think of explanations like perhaps a draft made it slam, but all the windows were shut and plus it was way too forceful for a draft to do that.

I quickly ran to my great auntie's bedroom where I was sleeping that night. I shut the door behind me, making sure it was properly shut. That door is problematic because it jams when you close it so that it's very difficult to open it again. I got in bed, turned the lamp off and around 5 minutes later the door creaked open a few inches. It was as if someone had pushed it open with minimal effort and because I know how difficult that door is to open, I knew that something wasn't right. I got up and jammed it shut again before getting back in bed.

I was a very freaked out at this point, but then I heard three taps from the top left corner of the room above the wardrobe. It wasn't like it could have been the neighbours, it was three methodical knocks coming from the top left corner of the ceiling with no explanation.

Before I managed to get to sleep, I repeatedly felt something pulling my hair and poking my back and shoulders. I was honestly terrified, and to cut a long story short, throughout the night the door opened 3 more times by itself - each time more forcefully - and there were another 3 knocks coming from above the wardrobe. I was awoken several times by feelings of dread, something touching my head and back, and the sensation that something was pulling the covers off me.

I'd like to know what you think about this, because it's resulted in me not wanting to fall asleep, and therefore I've been suffering from sleep deprivation. The hair pulling and noises is happening repeatedly every night, not just that one night. Do you have any advice on how to stop these forces and entities from doing this to me? Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pokemon_trainer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gigakhan (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
It seems that your aunt unknowingly manifested something. My guess is that she has excepted what is happening or just ignores it completely. In some cases spirits can almost be likely children seeking attention. Your fear gave it all it wanted. When that happened in my family, we are told to say out loud and confidence in faith, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". It's always works for us. Good luck
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
Hi Trainer,

My apologies. I got confused with another story regarding the location.
But there are enough places to find help from in England. Examples would be in Warrington or Reading or London - whichever is closer to you.
Try to also keep your life well-ordered. If we are talking about a demon here, then they are attracted to disorder and chaos.

Keep up us posted on how things develop on your end.

Regards,
Integrist
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
Integrist,

Without a doubt I will try my hardest to put up a mental barrier and refuse to be frightened, worn down and broken by the entity/demon. I would be devastated if my situation got worse and therefore I will have to get much braver, and quickly too.

I'm located in England I'm afraid, not Scotland - my great aunt's house is in the North of England but I live in the South East. I'm sure however that I could find someone/something similar to offer the same support. Thank you very much for all of your advice. I am 100% considering the blessing and exorcised St Benedict's medal, as I need to sort out my situation as soon as possible.

As for possible reasons why it has latched onto me, I can't think of anything I've done that could have caused this. Maybe it's a good idea for me to point out that I suffer with Emotional Dysregulation, which is an emotional condition similar to bipolar disorder or depression in which I struggle to regulate my emotions and therefore have bouts of depression, anger, etc. I'm no expert, but maybe my emotional weaknesses could have made me a good target for this kind of paranormal activity? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this if you have the time, as I have no clue if emotional problems make it easier for a demon or spirit to attach itself to someone.

I will make sure I print out those, that's very helpful of you to point me in the right direction.

All the best,

Pokémon_trainer
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Hi Trainer,

From what you are saying, you seem to be describing the classic case of a demon trying to wear down a person targeted for possession more and more, until the demon is banished or the subject is worn down to the point that he/she voluntary relinquishes control over his/her own body.
You could imagine the interior life as an impenetrable fortification whose only access point is the will (which is free). This is why it is very important to maintain a certain level of psychological, emotional, and spiritual fortitude. However, I do not think this to be possible for the vast majority of people when faced with an onslaught of demonic attacks (these affecting the "exterior" so to say). You must not allow yourself to become isolated and secluded and dragged down to more darkness.

If I recall correctly, you are in Scotland, right? You can go to a priest in Edinburgh (at St. Andrew's in Ravelston) to get salt exorcised and holy water blessed according to the traditional rites (which are more explicit and therefore more efficacious than the updated ones). Also, I cannot recommend enough getting a properly blessed and exorcised St. Benedict's medal.

Finally, I'd suggest some introspection: it is not without reason and cause that a demon was able to latch onto you. Why have you done the things you did? Etc. Non-corporeal beings may well have been watching and studying you before having found a way to get into your life. That, of course, is speculation. But nevertheless possible. If this is indeed a case of a demon trying to gain control of your body, then it will seek your weaknesses to try to use them against you.

You may want to consider printing out a copy (or multiple copies) of the "Brief/Blessing of St. Anthony" for the house in question and for wherever you are staying. This is said to be useful against demonic oppression.

If it is a demon, whose influence is growing, it won't likely go away and give up so easily. You'll have to continue countering it - whilst being very cautious and watching out for traps and tricks.

All the best to you!

Regards,
Integrist
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Integrist,

That is a very good point. A concerning one, of course, but yes that makes a lot of sense. When I look through all of my experiences noted down, I can see clearly that the frequency and severity of the experiences has increased. The frequency has gone from 1 incident a month (early on) to almost every day. Mostly when I experience things nowadays, it's at night or when I'm alone in the house. I believe that therefore the entity has no interest in harassing anyone in the household other than myself, as surely my family would have experienced similar things.

I think the experiences began to intensify first of all when I began to believe that there was no rational explanation for it (I have always tried to find a natural cause of the experiences but then it became apparent that they can't be coincidences all the time) and then again intensified every time I got more frightened. I know that I should be stronger against it and try not to be frightened, but that's very difficult to do when, for example, you're lying in the dark and suddenly something grabs your hair or opens your door! Also there was one significantly noticeable increase in activity and intensity when I used the Ouija board to try and tell the spirit to leave me be. Needless to say I will NOT be using a Ouija board again! Ever!

You've been very helpful in your advice, Integrist, I do appreciate your input.

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
"If the hair pulling and touches were more intense at your relative's house, what does it mean?
Does it mean that there's a more aggressive entity at your aunt's place, or does it mean that the entity "attached" to you became angry at you for going away and follow you for 7 hours to show you its disapproval?"

Or the entity is becoming more and more bold, and is trying to exert more influence over OP's life. That'd be a question of chronology: it'd be good to check not just where, but also when experiences intensify.

Hopefully such is not the case.

Regards,
Integrist
pokemon_trainer (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Lady-glow,

Now I see what you were getting at, thank you for clarifying!

You're right, it is all a big puzzle, and it could be either attached to me or just another entity entirely. I don't know and I guess I'm going to have to try and piece it all together.

Thank you for your help.

Pokémon_trainer
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
pokemon: every single event you have experienced is like a piece in a puzzle, all of them are connected and are important if you want to find a solution.

If the hair pulling and touches were more intense at your relative's house, what does it mean?
Does it mean that there's a more aggressive entity at your aunt's place, or does it mean that the entity "attached" to you became angry at you for going away and follow you for 7 hours to show you its disapproval?

This is just my opinion, but whatever disturbance/s you have can not be seen as an independent event.
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Hi Integrist,

I have disposed of the board and do not wish to participate in further sessions - it's definitely something I regret doing!

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
pokemon_trainer (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Hi lady-glow,

Since as in my account/story I was specifically referring to one night in a house I have never slept in (my great aunt lives across the other side of the country and we rarely talk) I did not and do not relate previous hair pulling to the hair pulling experienced at my great aunts - the hair pulling that happened previous to this account/story is at my house in my room 7 hours away from her house, and therefore I believe the activity experienced at my great aunt's was in no way related to the similar experiences I have at my house. Therefore the time differences which you perceived to be a morphing story are merely just two different stories and therefore don't really need to be mentioned together, hence why in this account/story I have not expressed any previous occurrences as I do not believe them to be necessary or important to my account/story.

I understand why you would be confused, and I apologise for any confusion caused - however I hope you can see my point of view and why it wasn't mentioned in the story, after all they are from two completely separate incidents and I see no reason why the time frames should be compared.

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
Integrist (83 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi Trainer,

"After using the Ouija board, the activity began immediately after saying goodbye, and has continued relentlessly since."

There you have it then.

Why dabble in such things? Get rid of the board if you haven't already, and steer clear from the Occult.

Regards,
Integrist
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
With the due respect but, do you realize that your story is morphing after each one of your comments?

I'm struggling to understand the time line of the events in your narrative, first you establish that:

"Two weeks ago I was at my Great Auntie's house..."

Since you submitted this experience in Date: 2017-06-22, this means these events happened around June 8th.

From your last comment:

"It's hard to say exactly, but the hair pulling, touches/grabbing/poking have been going on for a few months. At first it was only occasional, but since spending the night at my great aunt's as detailed in the story, it has become much more frequent and forceful too; it began as small hair tugs and has now become quite painful tugs."

If the hair pulling and touches have been happening for a while, why didn't you mention it before? It cannot be that difficult to see the relevance of these events as to overlook adding them from the beginning.

Now we have to wait to future submissions to try to figure out how events as intense as your sister's energy draining and the reflections on your TV fit into the time frame of your experiences.

Anyway, I wish you luck using Rook's cleansing method and, if the problems still persist just trow a tooth brush to the shadows on your TV and stop using the OB unless you know what to do in case ZoZo comes through.
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi rookdygin,

That is incredibly helpful, I appreciate that more than you can imagine. Thank you for your support, I will be sure to use this method at the first possible opportunity!

Again, thank you so so much.

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi spiritwaiting,

After using the Ouija board, the activity began immediately after saying goodbye, and has continued relentlessly since.

I first used the board only approx. 1 month ago - therefore the experiences described in this story are all before this. However the experiences I have had after using the board (which I am considering posting to the site) have been worse.

My parents haven't experienced anything since I have used it. My sister, with whom I used the board, has not experienced anything between each board session, although during one session I removed my finger from the planchette for no more than 2 seconds and in this time it continued to move with only her fingers on it, and her whole body except for the hand on the planchette became shaky and she reported feelings of intense fatigue. We used the board in my room so I think my room is the basis of the activity and that is why I am the only one who has really experienced anything. I also want to add that I began seeing silhouetted figures in the reflection of my television (I will post a separate story detailing this) and have since had to cover up my TV with an old t-shirt to stop seeing them.

It's hard to say exactly, but the hair pulling, touches/grabbing/poking have been going on for a few months. At first it was only occasional, but since spending the night at my great aunt's as detailed in the story, it has become much more frequent and forceful too; it began as small hair tugs and has now become quite painful tugs.

Thank you for your support.

Best wishes,

Pokémon_trainer
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
In response to the O/P's question...

"Do you have any advice on how to stop these forces and entities from doing this to me?"

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Pokemon,

I to have a few questions.

When you used the quija, did the activity start immediately after, or a few days after and continue?

Did you use the quija before the first experience you posted on here?

Because of your elders using the quija, and they tell you about there experiences, I mean I get the intrigue but also I would have used it as a warning.

Have your parents experienced anything along with you since you used it?

I'm asking all these questions, because this could be a possible attachment, or you may have opened a door unknowingly when you used the quija.

Not trying to scare you, but I'm only naming a few possibilities.

Hair pulling,poking,are physical touches.

How long has this been going on?

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi lady-glow,

I'm unaware if anybody I know has had recent similar experiences. As a child, my father used to use a Ouija board and other similar devices with his childhood friend and that friend's mother, who did séances regularly. My father had a frightening experience regarding the responses he got during one session, and has never used one again. He is adamant he doesn't believe in spirits, which I respect, although I think he is in denial after his experience. It wouldn't be kind of me to share his experience as he's very reserved about it. As stated, my great aunt used to use a Ouija board too, and her husband died (I don't know whether she has used it since his death.) I will ask when I next see her, although I doubt she will want to talk about it. My mother has never had any of these experiences and my sister, to my knowledge, hasn't either.

Regarding the statements, I first experienced the hair pulling and similar things while at my great aunt's, and since the night described in this story I have experienced the same hair pulling and prodding every single night without fail.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Best wishes,

Pokemon_trainer
pokemon_trainer (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi Integrist,

I'm not sure whether it is me or the places I go, but would it suggest it is me if it's happening in multiple places? The only two places I have experienced this is my great aunt's house and my house.

I am currently keeping a journal of the things I'm experiencing and will keep posting to the site.

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Best wishes,

Pokemon_trainer
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Hello Pokemon: before giving any advice, I'd like to know some more information about your story.

Do you know if your relatives have experienced anything similar?
I'd suggest for you to ask them if they have hear/seen the doors slamming and if your gran-aunt sleeps peacefully during the nights or if her hair is pulled and her body pocked at the way it happened to you.

I'm confused about your following statements:

"Two weeks ago I was at my Great Auntie's house..."

And:

"... Because it's resulted in me not wanting to fall asleep, and therefore I've been suffering from sleep deprivation. The hair pulling and noises is happening repeatedly every night, not just that one night..."

Do you mean you have been at your grand-aunt's place during all these weeks or did you go back to your place and the activity continued there too?
Perhaps the 'attacks' will stop as soon as you go back to your own bedroom? 😐

I will appreciate your feedback.
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Hi Trainer,

Thank you for sharing your story.
I just checked the other story, and now am wondering whether it's the places or you that is attracting these issues.
I'd say: keep a journal and document the cases, and see if you notice a pattern or development of some sort.

In the meantime, Get yourself a blessed and exorcised St. Benedict's medal.

Keep us posted!

Sincerely,
Integrist

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: