You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It Chester?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Chester?

 

I had a huge scare at work today. I was in the middle of a business call when I clearly heard someone whisper my name right behind my ear. I sit right in front of an older coworker. It clearly was not his voice; it was a very urgent and hushed whisper. I asked out loud who whispered my name but both coworkers in the room with me at the time were also on the phone speaking and typing furiously. I believe I heard the whisper at the same time as both of their voices.

There are two coworkers of ours who have died in the past so I thought maybe it was one of them. But there has never been any activity of any kind in our office so I ruled that out.

Then I thought it may be a friend or family member trying to say goodbye, so I quickly went to my Facebook news feed for news of someone passing, only to find nothing. Called my family, everyone's fine.

Then I remembered I had spent the last hour or so listening to Linkin Park as I worked, and thinking about Chester Bennington who had been a musician I respected.

After reading about his random acts of kindness and acknowledging his fans, it would not surprise me if Chester would want to visit those who listened to his music and connected to him the most.

I heard a little bit of buzzing in my ears after the whisper, but nothing physical or any perception of anything outside of the ordinary.

Maybe it was one of our old coworkers from years ago trying to distract me, or maybe it was actually a dead rock legend just stopping by to say thanks for being a fan. Guess we'll never know.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-14)
Sherm - I got a bit confused between your and Miracles' submissions. The comment I posted on hers was actually supposed to be posted here 🙄

With all the comments about celebrities I've been reading the comments on both your submissions, so forgive me for posting on her thread when it was actually meant to be on yours. Have a peep there and you'll see what I had to say - not that it's terribly important but, whatever...

Regards, Melda
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-12)
I had a celebrity visitation, too, the night the celebrity died.

It took me a while to understand that the people involved in the celebrity's death as well as the location were part of the dream.

I stopped telling people about it because it made me look crazy to them.
ladycastlemaine (8 stories) (14 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-12)
I also had something similar with a celebrity's possible visitation, but it's something I haven't really wanted to talk about for fear of sounding ridiculous and deluded.
I don't see why famous spirits can't drop by with a message - they were once people like anyone else.
Like Melda said, he could have come via the deceased co workers, as if to bridge the connection. I believe it happened to me because I was in a room with other fans at the time and it brought about a 'connection' between us and the deceased. Maybe the spirit picked up on us all and dropped by for a visit.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
Sherm - I just wanted to throw my two cents in here, based on an experience I had.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it wasn't Chester stopping by to say something along the lines of "Just want you to know I appreciate you thinking about me."

Someone I admired, both as an actor and a person, and miss like you wouldn't believe came to me in a dream to tell me he was okay ❤ The feeling of peace he left me with was, well, unbelievable.

So don't count Chester out just yet 😉
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-11)
It is quite possible that it was Chester - as Spirits could not be limited by our linera time/space limitations. He could be multi-dimentional now;) - reaching many souls in one go:)... As well your openess to this type of perception might have helped! So, yeah... I wouldn't rule it out! ❤
sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
That's amazing feedback, thanks so much for your help Melda.

I feel like one of those stupid ghost shows on TV who says they're going to talk to the ghost of Elvis or something to get ratings.

Sorry for anyone who feels let down!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-10)
Sherm - I think Chester would be an extremely busy guy if he were to drop in on all his fans.

Perhaps one of the passed co-workers was also a Chester fan, or one or more of his/her family members were. That would form a connection and it makes sense to me.

Otherwise, you might never know who it is. I often hear my "husband" calling me, when he hasn't called me at all; sometimes when he isn't even home!

Try keeping your work space in a specific order when you leave work to go home and then check in the mornings to see whether everything is still as you left it.

Perhaps even leave something connected to Chester there. You could write his name on a piece of paper together with Linkin Park, or something to that effect. That might sound stupid but it's the sort of thing I would do 😐

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: