You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Cat Named Chester

Real Ghost Stories

A Cat Named Chester

 

The following has occurred sporadically over the last week or so, and I am seeking answers.

In my mind's eye I have twice seen a grey and blue male cat and hearing the name "Chester". When this happens I feel myself drawn to nearest most region in my backyard, where my now deceased cat liked to go out and play under, of course, my father's watchful supervision.

In the immediate aftermath of her death, her spirit returned and visited this stretch of land. At the time I felt I was silently led outside to meet her there, to certify that her consciousness had crossed over and continued its existence. (I felt her presence very strongly at the time, and I have likewise felt a presence during the two Chester episodes, but it is a different one and not hers.) That was almost two years ago now.

I hadn't paid the stretch any thought until these recent events. I don't understand this: This phantom cat who keeps reappearing in my mind's eye is coming to associate itself with Polly's favorite play-spot, and yet they are two separate cats, Polly an overweight female calico and Chester a slim male, breed unknown.

What could be occurring here? Who is sending me these inner experiences and why? And who could this Chester be? Understand that I have accepted Polly's physical passing and await a reunion upon my own. Could Chester be a reincarnation of Polly, residing somewhere on this planet? Or could this simply be a creation of my own imagination? I would appreciate any and all sincere responses.

Other hauntings by Illuminati322

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Illuminati322, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hello:

Just another theory, but perhaps Chester is another incarnation of Polly and "they" are showing you who she will be. You could be on the lookout for one matching Chester's description. If you ever do come across him and bring him home, please don't think about changing the name. Many years ago, someone dear to me was given a name (by a guide in a dream) to give her cat as it would somehow protect him. She did not do so and it didn't end well. When she recently adopted a male kitten, she gave him that name and he has thrived. I sometimes wonder if this one is a reincarnation of the other.
Honestly, the possibilities are endless. But the one thing you can do is keep your eyes open to see if Chester crosses your path.
Just my two cents worth.

Blessings,
Lynev
Just my
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-14)
If I were you, I would immediately go to a shelter and find 'Chester' (or as close as you can get). Regardless of whether this is paranormal, your subconscious, (or an amalgam of both), positive action will help you move towards resolution. Plus, you save a life, you have a new pet, and you even have a name for a new pet!
Illuminati322 (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-13)
I appreciate the comments. I currently have a second cat, a female calico I rescued during Polly's last three years, so their tenures in my household overlap to a degree (Polly disliked her, for the record). So, I am assuming Chester is a cat spirit guide of some sort.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-13)
Greetings, Illuminati.

It is lovely to hear that your cat visited you after her death, and that these were comforting experiences.

I've got two cats (females from the same kindle), and I have no idea what they're thinking most of the time; they tend to be VERY clear when they want something specific. I'm not going to try to guess what an incorporeal cat wants...

Best,
Biblio.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Oooh a Russian Blue. Perhaps he was a friend of your Calico's. Or the others' suggestions could be true.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hi Illuminati,

Perhaps this Chester is somewhat of a guardian animal spirit, one who helps your Polly in the hereafter. Could be that Chester is also helping Polly to cross back and visit you sometimes. This may be why Chester is in your thoughts so often. I'm sure animals have guardians too.
Or RedWolf may be right. Chester as some kind of premonition. If having another cat is what you want to do.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Illuminati
You could be getting messages from Polly what your next cat would
Look like. A few weeks after the death of a beloved dog showed me in a dream what my next dog would look like. A few months later I was sitting on the curb of my towns animal shelter because I had picked out a dog and my husband wanted to see the dog. In the meantime a couple drove up to surrender a puppy that was the EXACT puppy from my dream and after telling the people about the dream they were crying insisted that I take the puppy. She is a good dog except that she gets very jealous if I pet one of my other dogs. So stay hopeful

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: