You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Glowing Circle And A Hug

Real Ghost Stories

The Glowing Circle And A Hug

 

Life is not fair. It is full of love and loss. My high school class lost too many people (way too young) to accidents, sickness etc., before we even graduated. We all felt pain at such a young age. One in particular struck me quite hard, I looked up to him, he was special, he was one of my best friends.

I would visit the grave yard he was buried in to put flowers on his grave and "talk" to him. I would also visit my grandmother's grave, whose grave was close to my friend's. Once I graduated I moved away so did not stop by at all.

About 3 years after I graduated I finally found to time to stop and visit both graves. My roommate, an out of towner, made the trip to my town with me. I told her I was going to stop and leave flowers and "talk" to my friend and grandmother before we went to my parents' house. I would have to say it was about 7 at night and the sun was going down.

I pulled up to where the graves where, my friend said she will stay in the car, and I made the short walk to my friend's grave. I kneeled down, placed the flowers, and started telling the stone my sob story of the year (breakup, abuse, new love, leaving the state). I started crying from the emotion I always try and hold in. I closed my eyes to say a small prayer before I stood up. After I prayed I felt heat (mind you it was a rather cold crisp fall day), and through my closed eyes I could see the it was brighter out. I did not want to open my eyes. As the light around me seemed to intensify, I felt as if someone walked up behind me and embraced me in a hug, a not too unfamiliar hug, but one I have not felt since I was in high school. The hug only lasted a few seconds, but once it was over my worries and sadness seemed to have lifted and the light died down. I then opened my eyes, stood up and walked back to the car feeling 100lbs lighter than when I walked in.

I got back to the car and my friend looked at me in shock. Her next words sent chills down my spine. "As I watched you talk to your friend I saw several glowing gold people surround you holding hands. Then a young man walked up behind you and knelt down and hugged you. Did you see or feel anything while you were there?"

Yup that confirmed everything I felt/saw through closed eyes. I have not been back to the graveyard in years. When I am in Michigan it's only for short visits with family. I never felt the need to go back, I know those I lost are around. I plan to go back soon to place flowers and maybe strike up a small chat with those I lost. <3

Other hauntings by Jazolinlea

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jazolinlea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-28)
I agree with you that it was strange what she said she saw. Not though, at that time I said nothing of what I felt or saw to her. Back then I was afraid of how people would view me if said I saw/felt spirits. I was wondering that maybe it is other family members and class mates that were buried there. Being from a small town several people I knew were there, but I was closest to my grandmother and this one friend. I did see a glow around me through closed eyes, but again I saw nothing out right, just what I felt and through closed eyes. Thanks for reading anyhow:)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-28)
Jazonlinlea - I'm very happy for you that you had such a positive experience at your friend's grave and that you felt the warmth of his presence.

I think that letting go of your pent-up emotions would also have played a part in what you felt, as you describe that the sadness seemed to have lifted and you felt 100 lbs lighter.

The only part of your narrative that bothers me a little is what your friend described. If she had said she saw a figure emerge behind you, it would not have surprised me much. However, a group of glowing gold people holding hands? Her account of this makes me a bit sceptical.

I am not saying that your friend blatantly lied to you but I look forward to reading the opinions of other posters, particularly on your penultimate paragraph. Perhaps some of them have had similar experiences.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: