You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Glowing Blue Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Blue Eyes

 

I experienced a lot of paranormal activities during my teenage years. This one in particular happened to me when my mother's friend was babysitting me. I stayed at their house in the country (Possibly Meridian, Texas if memory serves me right). It was a one story house out in the country, there was plenty of land and they had three sons and two daughters. So I had plenty of kids to play with. It was a three bedroom house so I had to sleep in the living room during the night. It was the first night I had something happen to me.

Their house had a very long and narrow hallway, to the north end off the the left there was the entrance to the kitchen. In the middle of the hallway to the right was a double door entrance to the living room which I was staying. And at the south side of the hallway it split of left and right. The left side lead to the boys room and the right to the bathroom.

I woke up in the middle of the night having to go to the restroom, and I walked out into the hall. As soon as turned my back to the kitchen, I felt the sinking feeling, I started panicking, it was a vibration went through my body, and my mind was screaming at me to turn around. I did and as soon as I did my body acted on it's own, I backed up and melted into the wall, my palms were on the wall and I was frozen solid, but my attention never broke from the kitchen entrance. My breath caught in my throat, and what turned the corner terrified me.

It was a pair of blue glowing eyes, low to the ground and moving like an animal, or a dog, it felt like a dog. I stared at this entity coming toward me and I was frozen, I wanted to scream but nothing came.

But the initial fear followed by a alarming sense of calm, I knew that it wasn't here for me, as I had these thoughts it passed right by me and turned left towards the boys room. After it turned the corner it was like I was released. I could move, and by this time I REALLY had to go, so I collected myself and just hoped that nothing would mess with me while I was going to the restroom. I don't even think I washed my hands.

I've always wondered what this entity could have been, it was one of the more intense encounters I have had in my life.

Other hauntings by Rose345

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rose345, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-07)
Hello Rose345,

Did you see anything like a shape that might have accompanied the blue glowing eyes?

Are you still in touch with the family that lives/lived there. Maybe you could find out if they ever had a dog.

It is my belief that children and teenagers are more open to seeing things that are out of the ordinary. Maybe it is because they are closer to the veil. What I mean by that is, as we age and become adults, we become more a part of the physical world and have less of a kinship with the spiritual side of things.

Does that make sense? It is only a belief that I have fostered for some time, having read and heard many accounts from children and teenagers. I have had many of my own encounters when I was younger. Not so much now; I still have them here and there.

I think the blue eyed creature seemed to be very benign. Like Lady-glow has said: it was probably a departed pet of the family going about in a comfortable routine.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

- Maria ❤
Rose345 (2 stories) (1 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-26)
I actually wish I did talk with them about the experience, but I did not. I told my mother who said to me "that house is too crowded to be haunted." I asked her not to make me go back again, and that was the end of that!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-25)
Without additional information, it is difficult to know what this entity could have been, though the fact that you felt it was a dog and that it wasn't there for you makes me wonder if it was a departed family pet still following its usual routine sleeping by its masters' side.

Did you ever discuss this experience with your friends? Perhaps they have encounter this presence and know what it is.

Looking forward to read more of your experiences.

Welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: