You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Nun In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Nun In The Bathroom

 

I've recently gone on a retreat to this place called Caleruega Retreat House, situated in Nasugbu, Batangas, which is known to be the home of many ghosts, as it used to be a Spanish church back during Spanish Colonial times. Personally, I was not scared by the stories despite being a believer in the supernatural. I would also like to take note that I do possess a sort of "third eye" (I've predicted future events through dreams, and I always have a sensory premonition if things were to go wrong).

When I arrived at the place, I was immediately hit with a bad feeling. I felt like my intuition was sending me warning signals. But the place was breathtaking and beautiful, sort of antique and rustic, and overgrown with plants, trees, and moss. But I really felt like something was off with the place. My dorm was one of the last dorms, and it was also closest to the chapel, which stood at the peak of the mountain. It wasn't the popular "isolated room" though, as we were surrounded by three other dorms that we often visit. I stayed in there with 7 other people, and I slept closest to the window. We had to stay there for 3 days and 2 nights.

Now, this story that I'm about to tell you is just one of the strange happenings that occurred to me during those 3 days and 2 nights.

It was the night of the second day, at around 10 or 11 PM. I decided to shower that night so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. My roommates wanted to do the same but I went first because I was one of the quickest to shower. As I was showering, my roommates were just casually chatting to each other, along with 2 other people who came from other dorms (who came in because they wanted hot water for their instant noodles. One of my roommates snuck in an electric kettle. Uhm, whoops.). I also want to take note that our room's shower had its own sort of door.

Now as I was taking that shower, I heard a knock.

I opened the shower door and peeked out the bathroom door (not showing my bare body, of course) and asked my dormmates if they heard a knock. They said they didn't, so I closed the bathroom door and went back into the shower. Once I closed the bathroom door, I saw it. I saw her.

There was a woman staring right at me from the other side of the shower door. She was tall, had porcelain skin and long black hair. She was wearing white nun clothing and looked at me with kind eyes. Being the idiot I am, I stared at her for 10-15 seconds before coming to my senses. Then, I swung open the shower door, and she was gone. She just disappeared into thin air. I opened the bathroom door slightly and never closed it for the duration of the shower. As I closed the shower door again, she did not appear anymore. That was the only time I saw her during the trip.

Later, I asked a friend of mine who was staying in one of the nearby dorms. His dorm had the creepy looking bathroom; Instead of the blue and white theme all the other bathrooms had, his was black and maroon. He told me he had also seen a nun, at night, in his bathroom. At the time, he wanted to change his shirt. He was facing the mirror when it happened. He slowly took his shirt off, and when he was halfway done with taking his shirt off, he noticed that, through the lower open gap of his shirt, that the bottom half of his face was feminine and porcelain. He did not further elaborate on what happened after that, so I assume that the thing disappeared as soon as he changed.

I also asked my roommates if they had seen a nun, and two of them said yes, but did not elaborate further.

So, to anyone who cares to read this story, I'd actually like to learn more about the history of that retreat house (Caleruega Retreat House, Nasugbu, Batangas) out of curiousity. Maybe I'd get lucky and find an explaination towards the ghostly nun I saw that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rosaraider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah-E (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-06)
thanks for sharing Rosaraider, it almost seems like she needs attention, maybe she has a message for the guests, or wants to tell people how she ended up as an apparition?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-01)
This is quite creepy.It's really strange why she show herself in the bathroom only. There must be some history. Enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.
wendyjean (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-29)
I found this story on another Ghost website; "We were at Caleruega for a retreat. I heard a lot of ghost stories about the place but I didn't believe any of it. On our second night, past midnight, we heard a girl screaming so loud as if she was dying. We tried to look for her but we didn't see anyone."

- Michelle I also found a picture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: