You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Am I Being Haunted In My Sleep?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Being Haunted In My Sleep?

 

I am 20 years old & I've been playing with spirit boards since about the 8th grade. I woke up a few times when I was younger locked in fear feeling as if someone was standing at the foot of my bed watching me, but I couldn't see. After that I stopped sleeping in the dark. I've had what I thought was sleep paralysis for a long time but I've gotten used to it.

It's been happening multiple times a week for a few years now. I'll often wake up because I feel like my arms are being stretched behind my back and my feet are being pulled. When I start to fall asleep I usually feel frozen in place, like I know it's happening but I can't will myself to move. Then comes the bad dream, and I subconsciously feel it get worse. Often it's a dream where I'm falling down in a spiral and don't have control of my feet. Sometimes I feel as if my teeth are being pulled out of my mouth. I fight very hard to wake up. It takes everything in me to shake my head or cry out.

A few months ago I met my birth mother, who has played with spirits since she was a child and had her own experiences with demons. She makes spirit boards out of wooden planks. She paints random scribbles and letters until the board is covered and marks the edges with chalk. She then summons someone, asks questions and "reads it as she sees it." Things she doesn't remember moving are often in a different place. It's very eery at her house.

I was using an old spirit board and have been letting it sit in my room. In the beginning when I would try to play with it, the oracle would immediately move to goodbye, ending the conversation. It's been sitting in my closet since. When I'm home alone I hear the desk chair in the next room move back and forth, and someone sigh loudly. The door is kept open and when I walk past it's dark and looks creepy.

Last night I fell asleep on my back with the light off and woke up yelling "no!" three times in ten minutes. The first time I had felt like someone was sitting on me shaking my body. The second time I felt like someone was pulling me off my bed, and woke up kicking. The third time I woke up scared and saw there was a pillow in front of my face. I immediately knew I hadn't fallen asleep with it. I grabbed it and threw it on the floor.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm literally terrified to sleep but sleep is part of life so I have to figure it out you know? Playing with the other side is not a joke, and there's no going back once you start.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _bxbyfaith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

catleyablu (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
Hi there, _bxbyfaith...I hope this comment finds you well and in good mental health, considering what has happened in your life. I was wondering if your situation has gotten any better after taking some of the advice provided by others here? I truly hope you gathered up the courage to stay away from the spirit boards / contacting without the proper instructions. It definitely is very dangerous toying with something beyond our comprehension, especially if you don't have the proper guidance. I am typing this comment only to hope that all is well with you! Happy New Year to you all 😊 ❤

Cryss
cybilesister (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-22)
the sleep problems sound like sleep paralysis and anxiety, however, the other events seem like a ghost u disturbed by the Ouija board u should not mess without a professional on hand
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Hi Bxbyfaith,

It sounds like you might be suffering from anxiety and/or a kind of insomnia (or restless sleep disorder?) on top of anything else which may be going on.

As well as Rook's suggestion, which I recommend you follow. I'd like to suggest turning off any phones or other communicative devices once you're going to bed. If possible don't use these devices in the bedroom at all. Sooo sooo many people wind up with sleep disorders because they check their phones and what have you in bed, that be a no no. You'd be surprised what a difference this can make.

Also when you look into cleansing/shielding, also look into cleansing objects. Namely the Ouija/spirit board. When I brought my old childhood ouija board into the house we had a spot of bother. Nothing too extreme some clangs, bangs and an over all odd feeling, my old ouija board seemed to be the issue. Once it was cleansed things calmed down and it's been fine since. We have ouija boards in our home for decorative purposes, they don't get used. I don't have a problem with people using such boards, but using them in the wrong mindset, or with inexperienced or reckless people can lead to issues.

This seems like a bit of both, a sleep disorder with a viscous circle of anxiety, together with *some* paranormal activity.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
It is my opinion that the word PLAY, in any of its forms, should not be used in the same sentence with the words Spirit/Ouija Board. The Board is a TOOL for communicating with spirits... It is NOT A TOY TO BE 'PLAYED' with.

First...Health check... Physical and mental.

Second...start a Journal as time goes by it can help separate possible spirit activity from normal physical activity.

Third... Cleansing/Shielding... Let me say that again...CLEANSING/SHIELDING...Please preform one on yourself and your home. I have one posted on my profile or you can find one of many on the internet.

Respectfully,

Rook
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Hi _bxbyfaith.
Interesting story. Scary, yes. By my experience I can tell you, you might be haunted. Well that's just from my opinion. But on the safeside, you can seek help from someone to make sure if something really are messing with you. Maybe you should stop playing with ouija board. I once had a friend who was playing it for a joke, then he got into trouble from it. Totaly messed him up.
By the way, do you live alone or with family. Is it just happened to you only or to someone else around you too?. Did it got any worse from before?
Hoped you're okay and well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: