You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rural Workplace Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Rural Workplace Haunting

 

About 3 years ago I started working a new job in a building that has a large service shop and office located basically in the middle of nowhere. And ever since I started this job there have been some strange things going on in this building. Most of them myself and the other employees have been able to find logical explanations for, such as creaking noises and hearing footsteps and voices. It's basically a pole barn type of building and we do tend to get a lot of wind around here so the creaking noises we always just chalked up to the wind. And the voices we always just assumed was someone on the other side of the building talking and their voice just carried through the building. It's a pretty open building so I always figured that's what it was.

But recently there have been a few things that stood out and it seems like the activity is getting more and more "extreme". For example, a couple weeks ago myself and one of our shop guys were talking in the shop area and out of nowhere all the lights in the shop turn off. We were the only people in the shop at the time and we know that nobody turned the lights off because from where we were standing the light switch was only about 10 feet away and we would've seen someone walk in and shut it off. But the really strange part is when we walked over to the switch it had physically been shut off. None of the other lights in the building were off so we knew it wasn't a power outage or anything like that. And just a couple days ago I was sitting in my office working on the computer and I had an empty soda bottle sitting on my desk in front of me. I'm just typing away on my computer and suddenly the soda bottle gets knocked over quite hard. I know for sure I didn't touch it because both my hands were on the keyboard at the time. And I know it didn't happen because I bumped the desk with my leg or anything because it's a very heavy desk and it takes a lot of force to make it budge.

I was told at one point that the previous owner of the building had died of a heart attack in the building about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not saying it's his ghost or anything but I guess it could be a possibility? There have also been a number of fatal accidents nearby over the years, for example a farmer was killed on the highway right in front of the building about a year ago when he was crossing the highway with a piece of farm equipment and was struck by another vehicle. So far all the activity seems to be harmless in nature almost like someone is trying to get our attention, or at least that's my take on it. What do YOU think?

Other hauntings by Thor220

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thor220, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Hey Emmaline. There have been lots of changes here in both the type of business being run as well as remodeling since we took over the building 3 years ago. The previous owner was going to open up a semi truck service shop here but he passed away before he ever got the chance to open for business. The building was then purchased by a large and very popular agricultural equipment company that I feel I shouldn't mention by name on this thread. But we do sales and service of this brand of farm equipment out of this building now. But so far there doesn't really seem to be any sort of pattern to the activity. There are days and sometimes weeks of absolutely no activity then suddenly we have a day or two where things are very active. But I agree that the remodeling of the building may have something to do with it. I like to think the previous owner may be happy that finally someone is making good use of the place he built. Hopefully he's not unhappy that we took over. 😕
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Hello Jubeele. This sort of this has been going on basically since we opened for business 3 years ago. And in that time there have been many changes. For example the previous owner of the building ran an entirely different company from what we are running here currently. Everyone here is new to the company and when we took over the building we did a fair amount of remodeling. I should note that the previous owner had plans of opening a business here but he unfortunately passed away before he was ever able to open up shop.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-05)
Sounds like something could be going on. There certainly has been tragedy enough in recent years alone to warrant it, I'd say! If you don't already, perhaps consider keeping a journal of your experiences - it may help you pick out patterns or correlations. A camera to keep an eye on things after hours might be revealing as well.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-23)
Hi Thor, have any of the shop guys noted the strange activities in the past? Do they know how long has this been going on?

I wonder if you can possibly pinpoint a period when the activity spiked. Like after a particular accident or soon after the previous owner passed away? Or as Emma suggested, some business activity like renovations or staff changes? Considering the majority of our waking hours are spent at work, there must be tons of emotional energy generated at the workplace all the time. Which means it can be a powder keg just waiting for the right person to act as the catalyst.

Perhaps you can start noting down the times, dates, types of activity, accidents and other details. It may help put a pattern together. Please keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing with us.
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-17)
Hi Thor220, It sure sounds like someone is trying to get your attention. Have there been any changes where you work? You didn't say exactly what you do, but is there anything that they would find interesting or want to have input on? Or have you had any other experiences like this? I'm thinking maybe whoever it may be is saying 'aha, they can pick up on me'. Doesn't sound like they mean any harm but in my experience any changes to a business or a home can trigger paranormal events.

It may even be something happening in your personal life. Are there any family anniversaries or births that would be important to you or the people you work with? They sometimes identify with changes we're going through at the time.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Emma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: