You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Noon Time Knocking (3)

Real Ghost Stories

Noon Time Knocking (3)

 

Hey y'all. I haven't been around much, as I've started to have a few health issues here and there (nothing paranormal, because I don't think anything supernatural can cause kidney stones. Haha) Anyways, the sightings have dropped down, however something incredibly unsettling happened today, and it had me worried.

So I watch my nephew for a few hours every Tuesday and Thursday. He's barely 2 years old, a big sweetie and just. I could gush about him all day. Today, my mom was helping me watch him and we put him down for a nap in my mom's bedroom. He fell asleep at 12:15. At 12:29, the knocking occurred. Our dogs went nuts barking and woke him up. Normally, we can calm the dogs down and he will curl back up and go back to sleep. Today, for some odd reason, no matter which room we put him in, with his binki, his pillow, stuffed animals and so on - he would wail. Scream. He threw a fit and fought us until we eventually gave up and let him run around. Not long after, his daddy came home and I took him back to his house.

Later, I took a shower and was laying on my bed and promptly laid down the law to whatever is in the house. I made sure it was very clear they are NOT allowed to knock on the walls or ANYTHING when he is over. They are to exist in this house with us, but not scare us. I laid down the law the best I could.

I do want to make a note that my nephew is definitely seen spirits before. He regularly points to pictures of my grandparents and talks like they are an old friend, and while he doesn't have the biggest vocabulary, the boy's mother is a pre-school teacher, so he's developed fairly advanced. His baby camera in his room actually tends to go off when no one is home, telling my sister that there is movement in his room. (She has one of those sorta webcam cameras that hooks up to a special app on your phone.)

This is a tad short, but just wanted to drop this off and see what everyone's thoughts were!

Other hauntings by bresys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bresys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bresys (9 stories) (16 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Oh wow, apologies about not getting back to this sooner.

This is a response to everyone.

I didn't down vote you at all, Melda. I do understand and agree that my nephew could've just been a cranky toddler that woke up. My only thing with that is that the dogs have barked at things before and woken him up in our house, and he never has had a melt down like he did that day. And he hasn't since. I'm not consistently telling the spirits in the house to stop, and the knocking at noon has settled completely now.

My nephew now though, walks around and plays with his toys, and when we ask him who he is talking to, He just smiles and says Great Grandma. So I think he might be able to... See. All of that being in his own home. I'm actually going to put up a very recent thing that happened to me at his house, which is actually right next door to mine.

Thank you all for your insight!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Bresys,

I agree with Melda. Toddlers can be fickle. I remember my kids as babies and toddlers... Sometimes they become overtired too, hence the temper tantrums, and inability to sleep. Not being in his own bed, the knocking, the dogs barking, perhaps feeling overtired, etc could cause your nephew's reaction.

Great job on setting boundaries. Thanks for sharing 😊
Dee
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Melda - I up-voted all your comments. That should offset the down votes from this "troll". There was nothing offensive or negative about your comments. Just some one being an a**.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
bresys - good call on setting boundaries and laying down the law. Sometimes enough is enough! ❤
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Hello bresys, first of all wishing you a speedy recovery!😊
I would like to reciprocate what Melda had said that your nephew could be a reason behind all this. But still I believe that if you already know that you are living with spirits then you should take some precautions just to creat a borderline.

Regards
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
You're welcome, Melda. Perhaps we should stop acknowledging its presence. Trolls thrive on any little attention - good or bad. Much like a malevolent spirit?

Don't stop commenting. I enjoy reading your take on things (as I do with several other members). You're an asset to this community.

Take care.

Regards
Apo
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
"Somehow I think the troll has not yet joined its buddies under the bridge." I enjoyed a hearty chuckle reading this.

Greetings bresys

Kudos on asserting your position with regards to laying down the law. A little consideration and tolerance goes a long way - even beyond the veil.

I hope your nephew is doing well. Has he had such experiences in his own home?

Go well.

Regards
Apo
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Aporetic - Thanks. I hope this creature goes into hibernation for a while. I don't mind if the author or a poster down-vote me if they don't agree with me.

Regards, Melda
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Greetings, Melda

There's nothing abrasive or inappropriate about your comment. It's an open and honest account of your thoughts and feelings - and you also acknowledge the possibility of the nephews sensitivity.

Trolls or not, sometimes people expect X response and receive Y.

I'm voting you up as your comment holds valid questions, insights and observations.

Regards
Apo
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Will somebody please let me know whether the comment I made was inappropriate or abrasive?

If bresys down-voted it then that's acceptable. Somehow I think the troll has not yet joined its buddies under the bridge.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
bresys - Possibly the knocking disturbed your nephew and he just did not want to sleep anymore. Little kids tend to throw tantrum fits when they don't get their own way. Was he okay once you allowed him to run around?

Of course it's possible that he saw something that scared him but with kids that age it's just so difficult to tell. Even with photographs, he might just be interested - it doesn't necessarily mean that he knows the people in the photographs. When he's older and recognises them as "people" that he's met, that would be a different story.

I'm really not trying to debunk everything you're saying, after all I wasn't there. I'm simply trying to think of logical explanations.

He may indeed be sensitive to the paranormal. It seems that some of your family members are.

You did the right thing by laying down the law to whatever or whoever it is that disturbs you in your home. I also tend to do that and it often works.

Even though it appears to be benign, I'm sure you would rather not have it there!

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: