You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Most Haunted Wisconsin?

Real Ghost Stories

Most Haunted Wisconsin?

 

Alright, so I am not sure where to start so I will start with a little background on my story.

This was in 2012, in Rothschild Wisconsin, I had found out that the original "idea" for the movie poltergeist was based on a house a block over from mine. It explained a lot of phenomenon that happened in my home. So my stepfather is diagnosed with brain cancer, my family and I are looking for a house, we come upon a house in a nice neighborhood for a steal, it is 1200 a month for a 4 bed 3 bath home with everything you could want. It was built recently and just massive.

I have been here a little while and weird things happen like my stuff going missing, stuff turning on and off, and sounds of movement from different areas of the house. I had two siblings so I paid very little attention to it.

Well on this night I was home alone at 15 years old, I had my earphones in and was doing my homework when a black figure came crawling at me from my peripheral. It gave me a heart attack and I tell my black lab, Jake that he's an a**. Well low and behold my dog is with my parents!

Fast forward a couple weeks and I'm in the kitchen making myself a sandwich when I hear something burling down the stairs. I turn around and it rounds the corner from the stairs leading upstairs and there is what I can only describe as an oil black deformed spider man with no face. As soon as I made eye contact with it... It crawled at me with such swiftness that I couldn't react, and not going to lie guys, I peed myself. I called my best friend crying and waited outside until I she picked me up.

A few days later I found out about this part of town being on an Native American burial ground. So fast forward a few more weeks and I am sitting in the living room and I got this feeling of just dread, sadness, and defeat; and once again I hear something running upstairs from the basement. This time this thing didn't stop to look at me... It just ran at me, and I panicked. I didn't know what to do but that thing would of been on top of me within 3 seconds.

I finally told my mom that although my stepfather having cancer and needing treatment that is out of town; that she couldn't leave me home alone anymore, I felt safer even if I had someone with me, even my little siblings. Me being a person who liked being alone she didn't understand why. I finally told her thinking she would think I was crazy. Her eyes widened, I asked her what was wrong. Her response "I have been seeing the same thing Gabby, and I don't know what to do." I had never seen her so fearful.

Things just became worse. I haven't been able to find anything on this creature so if anyone knows anything please comment for me! My mom moved us out of the house shortly after when my sister claimed to be pushed down the stairs and my stepfather's cancer started progressing quickly. I tried to put as much detail into this as possible but I am very tired and started having nightmares of this thing again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gabriellesnotes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-27)
Hi gabriellesnotes! I would like to say I had a similar experience, but this was in Italy the Summer of 2017. The way you describe it, a black oil-type spider man, is exactly how I saw it. Except the one I saw had eyes that still haunt me to this day. It was too black to make out anything else about the face other than the eyes.
I am still looking into this myself so hopefully there's an answer for us somewhere out there!
Hope all is well!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
To be fair, the incidents (and house where they took place) which inspired 'Poltergeist' didn't take place in Wisconsin but in New York.
"Back in 1958, Hermann's family became nationally known after they experienced unexplained poltergeist activity in their house in Seaford, N.Y. - an experience that inspired the 1982 film."
Https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1335948

So the house in your neighborhood may be haunted but the movie connection is an urban legend. After all, there are Native American burial mounds all over Wisconsin and it wasn't until the 1970s that they were officially protected from development and the depredations of pot hunters. From what I read, if your pre-1970 house stands on a particularly ideal spot - picturesque, lake side, atop a hill or overlook etc... The higher the odds are that it was built over a palace of burial as those are just the sorts of places the tribes preferred too.
Http://m.startribune.com/2009-indian-burial-grounds-rest-in-peace/51103647/

Interestingly, I could find very little related to hauntings caused by these burial disturbances. I found more accounts of hoaxes where somebody had gotten a rumor started for kicks and later admitted it. In most accounts of haunting where a Native American burial ground is mentioned, its only in briefest passing and the narrative goes on to explain the haunting by other means. I found a few scant encounters related to places in the state built on or very near burial mounds as follows:
1. Keshena - Menominee Tribal Police Dept - occasional flying objects and sometimes an apparition in buck skins.
2. Madison - Bay View Townhouses - a little girl on the basketball courts who occasionally cries for her mother.
3. Madison - Memorial Union - 2nd floor haunted by an old lady in 1800s settler attire and clocks have trouble.
4. Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Co Park office - Old army barracks - spooky sounds
5. Mukwonago - Heaven City Restaurant - breaking glasses and occasional nondescript walk-throughs.
6. Oak Creek - Bender Park - creepy feeling

The best account of an Indian burial sincerely believed to be the cause of haunting and strife was the Scott Mansion in Merrill where the house was built over the grave site of a young Indian maiden who tragically died. Http://historicmerrill.com/scottmansion.html

Of all the accounts I found, I could uncover none that claimed any connection to the movie "Poltergeist" and none that described anything like what you put down in your story. Curious indeed!

(I found the above accounts spread across several haunting sites but this one had the most inclusive list:http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/wisconsin.htm)
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
HI gabriellesnotes, this situation sounds truly terrifying. I believe that there are evil spirits that cause distress and fear, for what reason exactly? Probably no one knows. I would suggest that your family consult a pastor or a priest on this, they may have the resources or ability to help you address this. Do look at my profile for more of what I think of situations like yours.
RSAChick (115 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-22)
Gabriellesnotes, why do you say things just became worse? What exactly has happened?
Please clarify time line as well - this started 6 years ago. When did you tell your mom? When was your sister pushed down the stairs? When did you move out?
What I'm trying to get at, is have things recently, as in the last few days or weeks, become worse?
If yes, it may not be related and may be a new experience/s.
You need to give us more information about the latest happenings.
And finally, how is your stepfather doing?
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-22)
That is so creepy, especially if many among your family saw it.

Interestingly, I read something with similar description here:
Https://amp.livescience.com/17781-orang-minyak-malaysia.html

But you did not share what happened when it reached you, when you said it crawled at you. Did it disappear? And if it did not have a face, how did you know you made eye-contact? Maybe you felt it. But did you try asking around about the house? Maybe that place needs cleansing.

Sorry for the questions. I think you are traumatized by the experience and it would be good for you if you would also seek a professional help.

Hope all is well now that you moved out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: