You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Chased Us Out

Real Ghost Stories

Chased Us Out

 

In my previous story I told you about being helped by an entity when I was living alone with my newborn daughter. Now I will tell you about being tormented by "someone" or "something" in the same apartment. I would like your opinion on whether this was the same entity or not.

My daughter was about 10 months old when her dad moved in with us. We had decided to give it another try. I had my reservations at first, the last 4 months of my pregnancy and the first 9 months of my daughter's life he had been absent. Even though I had gone through a lot of hardship on my own, I was young and in love so I figured why not. At first, it was not easy for either one of us, we still fought over every little thing, but we were both trying and we would eventually talk about how each of us had reacted and what we could do to stop fighting.

A couple of weeks after he moved in, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized he wasn't in bed. I stayed awake for a few minutes and he hadn't come back. I also didn't see that the restroom light was on. I got up, went out to the hallway/living room area and saw that he was standing with the drapes slightly open, peaking out the window. When I called out to him, he turned and had his finger to his lips signaling for me to be quiet. I got scared and stood frozen in place; he walked back to me and nudged me back in the bedroom. I asked him what was going on and he said that there was someone out there trying to get in. He said, "She wants to take the baby." I panicked and told him we needed to call the police but he insisted that "No, she's gone already." I kept asking who it was, how did he know "she" wanted to take the baby, why don't you want to call the police, etc. I relaxed a little when he said, "I just know." Then I figured he had a bad dream and/or was sleepwalking. I told him to lie down and go back to sleep.

A couple of nights later, the same thing. I would ask him about it in the morning the next day and he would remember everything, he would say that he couldn't sleep, that he had a feeling someone wanted to take the baby. I chalked it up to him having anxiety over being a new dad; I even thought he was on something but he was a health freak and had never even tasted beer.

He had been staying with us now for maybe 6 weeks when we were woke by my daughter screaming at the top of her lungs. This was unusual, my daughter slept through the night and this was not crying, this was screaming. So we bolt out of bed and run to her bedroom only to find that the door wouldn't open. Her dad was trying to force the door open while I wrung my hands in full panic mode. Finally her dad ran to the kitchen to get a knife to try to open the door while I stood there talking to my baby to get her to calm down. When her dad came back, before even trying the knife, he turned the knob and, guess what? The door opened. We were freaking out, we never even closed the door to her bedroom at night much less lock it.

After that incident, we always made sure we blocked the door with a trashcan so it wouldn't close. This was also the beginning of her night terrors. She did not like being in the apartment, she would constantly jump at every noise and would follow me even to the restroom. She stopped sleeping in her bedroom, she would cry bloody murder if we tried putting her down to sleep in there.

She was sleeping in our bed now and a few times while getting ready for bed the bedroom door would slam, no open windows, AC or even a fan. Picture frames would fall from the wall, perfume bottles were constantly knocked over. Once in the kitchen, while she was sitting in her baby chair a fork came "flying" out of nowhere and barely missed hitting her.

Sometimes she would be staring at something and would look frightened, then she would turn her back against a wall, shut her eyes and start crying. The weird thing is that she wasn't like that when she was at my parents' house. There she was a happy baby.

Her pediatrician said they were night terrors and didn't really offer any quick solution. My mother took her to see a Mexican "brujo" (witch). My mom told me that he practically just massaged her head and burned some plants or weeds while he did some praying. He told my mom that something very evil was trying to attach to her. He advised we get her out of there.

My daughter was now staying with my parents, her dad and I would spend most nights there too, just so we could be with her. And frankly, we were scared of the apartment. We had a lease and couldn't get out of it so we kept paying rent but were rarely there.

One day, I was at a park with my daughter and bought her a big helium balloon, one that had arms and legs made out of paper that would swing around. On my way back to my parents, I stopped by the apartment to get something and I didn't want to leave her alone in the car, so we both went in. I left her in the living room holding her balloon and told her I would be right out. I was getting some stuff into a duffel bag when I heard her screaming and crying. I ran out and saw that the balloon, instead of being stuck to the ceiling like it should have when not being held by the string, was "chasing" her around the coffee table. I picked her up and was kicking the balloon that kept sticking to my legs, stupid thing kept coming back. Meanwhile, my baby was hysterical and clinging to me for dear life, so I grabbed my keys and purse and ran out of there with her. As I was locking the door from the outside with my keys, I very clearly heard laughter coming from the inside.

I arrived at my parents' house still shaking and crying. My dad kept explaining something about static and why the balloon was sticking to us. I get it, but nothing explains the laughter or the fact that the balloon was full of helium and it should not have been gliding a few feet from the ground.

That was the last day either one of us stepped foot in that apartment. My soon to be husband at that time, his sister and his brother in law packed up all our stuff and moved everything out.

My daughter is all grown up now and even though she remembers many things from her childhood, she does not remember that apartment. She has had nightmares that she tells me about and describes the layout of that apartment.

Maybe it was a spirit that did not appreciate her dad moving in with us, but why torment my baby and not him? If this was a different spirit than the one that had helped me before, what happened to the "good" spirit, why didn't she help?

Just reliving all this makes my heart race, I'm actually shaking right now as I type. I've had many incidents involving spirits in my parents' house in Mexico but none have really scared me like this. I live in California now but spend the weekends in the house in Mexico. My mom moved out of the house and now lives in Nevada so we have a close friend of the family living there with her children. They have told me of some "unusual" activity going on right now. I'm getting ready to do a house cleansing, I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-10-22)
Hello Haven,

What an ordeal. I'm glad you moved out and are safe now.

I agree with Amour. I think the good spirit left and the evil one took residence.

Very scary experience to go through.

I'm going to keep reading your posts. They are really interesting.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-13)
Hi Augusta, I think you're right. All the bad things started happening when the dad moved in. By this time, she was probably very protective of her. In a way, the dad did take over as protector, she felt she wasn't needed any more. It makes a lot of sense. I just wish she would have taken it out on him and not the baby.

Thank you for sharing your theory!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-13)
Interesting...and frightening! My gut is still set on my original theory that this was the same entity that had taken a shine to being an important member of the family - someone you relied upon, a second mother for the baby - and felt dispossessed and bitter when the child's father invaded its territory. Perhaps the entity was female and when she felt her position was usurped, she wanted to make you see how unhappy she was and how "bad it was for the baby". Could be that Mr. Dad's dreams of the woman wanting to take the baby were of her wanting to take the baby away from him specifically. Either way, I am glad you are well away from that place!
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-06)
Thanks, Amor. I've always had my doubts on whether it was the same entity. Several posters brought up the fact that these beings will start off being nice to gain your trust and then they will turn on you. Makes a lot of sense to me. I guess I'll never know for sure.

My daughter is doing well. Her nightmares were never very repetitive where they were a concern. They only happened once in a while. I believe you're right about all this being in her subconscious and it only comes out in dreams because how else would she know so many details of that place. I believe her 100% when she tells me she never remembers living there.

Thanks for your comments! ❤
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-06)
We're not sure how many entities were there but pretty sure there is a benevolent spirit. I could also think that the one who's caused trouble was the benevolent one, but there is one that tried to intervene and save your baby (the poke, the catch). But either it's a good one passing by or one that has moved on when you got back with your boyfriend.

It is also possible that your daughter remembers but it's now in the subconscious, hence manifests in dreams only. There are things we know but are not conscious about, that's just how our brain works. It supresses the scariest and the traumatic. If the nightmares are still bothering her, maybe a therapist can help.

I'm glad you got all the help you needed until you are able to get past that horror. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

Amor
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-05)
Twilight - The balloon incident was the final straw for me. I think we got out of there just in time, it seems like it was escalating.

RCRuskin - I've always wondered about whether there was 1 or 2 entities. If it was the same entity then it had me fooled. I was very grateful for its help and thought I was "lucky" to have the extra help.

BeautInside - Your right about the blanket, and I blamed myself. I kept thinking that maybe I had put the blanket to far up and she somehow got it wrapped around her. This makes much more sense now, I was always very careful with her.

Thank you all for your comments, they really help shed some light on this mystery that has nagged me for so long.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-05)
Hi Haven,

Just read this and your previous account, and wowww...

I agree with RCR, I think it was the same entity both times. It might have warned you the first and play good, but what if it also caused your daughter's blanket to get wrapped around her head?

After all, if you daughter was only 2 months old at the time she didn't move that much. Yes, she could be engolfed in the blanket, meaning she could slide through her bed and be totally covered in her blanket, but by saying her head was wrapped in her blanket I understand that wasn't the case, am I right?

And the scratch, it didn't had to hurt you to get your full attention. Did it?

I firmly believe that was the same entity both times, an evil entity can play you and be deceiving and I think this was the case.

Glad you got out of there! 😉

Another thing, "llave de San Benito" means "Key of Saint Benito", in case anyone was wondering.😊

Thank you for sharing. ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hi again, Haven.

This definitely is an evil entity; no 'other hand' about it.

My gut tells me that it is the same entity in both of your stories about this apartment. Something that behavies nice to get you to relax, let your guard down, around it before it pounces.

Glad you got out of there, but it is interesting that your daughter's nightmares are set in an apartment she otherwise does not remember.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Oh wow, the balloon part would have really freaked me out to see/have happen to one of my kids 😨 I would have went full on mama bear on that thing, and pop it! I get the whole static thing with balloons, but the way you made it seem from how it was "chasing" your daughter around the table, doesn't make since to me for it to be caused by static. Like you said, it shouldn't have been low to the ground either, if before it was floating up towards the ceiling. It seems whatever it was, got pleasure out of scarying ya'll. Other than that, at least it didn't hurt ya'll, from what I've read at least. Not sure if I missed you saying otherwise? But even still, it sounds like a ugly spirit, and I hate that it went as far as messing with your daughter. Luckily she no longer remembers any of it at least, as I'm sure it's something that you would like to forget happened. Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'd love to hear more about what all happened at your mother's place in Mexico 😊
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hi Dee,

All my daughter has told me about her dreams is that she is walking around in this apartment and that she goes into every room looking for the exit. In another dream, she's hiding behind something in the living room, she's afraid to come out and she hears a voice calling her name. She can see the layout of the apartment from her hiding place but she never gets to see who's calling for her.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hola Lady-glow,

I remember very clearly what the brujo told me because I was told the same thing not very long ago, almost word for word.

He told me that I have a very "bright light", he tells me that it's almost overwhelming. He said to be careful and make sure I'm always "protected" because darkness always follows the light and there will be "those" that will try to take (absorb) my light. Didn't make a lot of sense to me. Frankly, I thought he was only trying to get money from me because he said he needed to do a protection spell on me but he needed money to buy the things he needed. I said no.

A couple of years ago I let a friend convince me to go and get a tarot reading and I was told the same thing. This time, the lady wanted to sell me a "llave de San Benito" charm (sorry, don't know the translation). She said that my "muerto" (dead) is very strong and very protective of me. I did buy the amulet this time, only because it was pretty, it now hangs from my car's rearview mirror.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Haven,

I just read the first part of your experience... Holy moly. That is awful. It definitely sounds like you did everything in your power to protect your daughter. After reading the first submission, I had the thought that there might be the possibility that you were dealing with one spirit (helpful). The bruise could have been caused by the woman's overzealous attempt to wake you. I'm not sure, just a thought.

Regarding the incidents in this account... I thought your then boyfriend may have been sleepwalking too, but you covered that. Prior to this experience; did he exhibit these behaviors (speaking of or sensing spirits)? Or was this the first time?

Again, I thought the balloon chasing your daughter was caused by static electricity, but you covered that as well. You really did your homework, providing great details. Kudos to you!

I'm glad your daughter doesn't remember the scary incidents from the apartment. You mentioned she has dreams and describes the layout of the apartment... Does she remember any other details (from these dreams)?

Thank you for sharing ❤
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hi Haven - I read your previous account but decided to wait for the second part before commenting and - en la torre, estuvo feo! (gosh, that's ugly!)

I'm inclined to thing you were dealing with two different entities but, perhaps the helping one wasn't 'living full time' in the apartment with you and the second one wouldn't let it in after settling there.

Did the brujo say anything about the possible origin of that evil entity? Have you considered the possibility of witch craft? Perhaps a jealous woman unhappy to see your daughter's dad deciding to be part of your life?

Anyway, I'm glad you got out of that place before something really bad happened.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: