You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Women In White

Real Ghost Stories

A Women In White

 

I am here to share some paranormal experiences though not my personal ones. I have been reading stories shared on this site for a long time and have decided to share my own. These stories I have heard from my Father. I will start with one.

My father owns a hindu cremation wood shop and has to visit forests to get the wood supplies. He used to be late home at times. Once he was coming back on bike in the night and had one worker with him as well. So it was pretty late at night and they were on a highway (bhiwandi highway to be precise, mentioning it because people living in Mumbai can recognize and it is quite famous for its hauntings). So my father from a far of distance saw a woman in white sari standing in the middle of the road. She had long hair. My father started honking at the very sight of her. He was wondering what the hell is this women doing standing in the middle of the road at midnight. He kept on honking until he reached a 10 foot distance and it occurred to my father (being a believer) that she was no normal women, as she dint even look back on honking. He had heard stories of the haunting on that particular patch of highway and hence did not stop or get down from the bike to look at her, instead he drove from her side and looked in the rear-view mirror. There he felt the chills when he looked at her face, she had red eyes, long nose quite pointed like a parrot's beak. The scariest of all was her smile, yes she was smiling at my father like telling him he was lucky today he didn't get down.

My father was scared to death after this and asked the man sitting behind him on the bike whether he seen anything strange back there, to his surprise he had also seen the women and was equally terrified. My father came home with high fever and stayed home for a couple of days.

In India it is believed that spirits are scared of vehicles, hence it is said that if you ever come across such supernatural beings DO NOT get down or step out of your vehicle. You are the safest inside your vehicles.

Thank you for letting me share my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, supernatural_2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

shourrya_cool (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-09-14)
It was too scary. What in future the spirits will be like:They will just have fun chasing the person and not be scared of the vehicle. But one thing they'll always be scared of is GOD. ❤ ❤ ❤
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-05-16)
Never heard anything as in one is safe in the vehicles, that's totally not true maybe in his household or where supernatural_2 lives they may have been fed with stories about the safe in the vehicle theory, never the less I found the story interesting & have come across these kind of stories around India... Hope your father never came across any ghost in future...
Regards,
WS2009
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
[at] AugustaM: oh yes... Hv read abt vampires n even black eyed kids needing permission to enter a space... N thanks fr mentioning the thing about 'welcome' mats... M moving homes n ws going to buy a new one 😜 n happy u liked my username... 😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
I did not understand this fact until date that when people especially in the subcontinant region, started linking women roaming in white sarees= Ghost/witches.
Although it is quite sad that due to inappropriate knowledge, low education aerial thinking and social stereotypes, women, despised from society, become victims of these situations where they are portrayed like witches/ ghosts or tabooed. Very sad indeed.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
Ravishingroxy - (awesome name by the way) I think you may be onto something with the idea of permission. It goes to the same thinking as telling a spirit to leave if you don't want them in your space - perhaps the power of word and intent goes both ways. Its not an idea without precedent in lore either. In the Western world, many folkloric sources hold that a vampire can only enter your home with permission. Often, the vampire serves as a stand-up for evil spirits in general - thus, many hold a 'Welcome' mat to be bad luck... If I am being honest, its one reason why I don't have one! 😁
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-04-11)
[at] ladyglow- I am from india and thought I might add my two bits here... I believe it is more about permissions... Like when a spirit asks for a lift or ride and you stop your vehicle, it is equivalent to allowing them to get into your space... And then, maybe haunt you... Probably also why ghosts are able to get into public transport more often because the unsuspecting driver HAS to stop.LoL...permission based haunting, I call that:-P jokes aside, I have read that for a spirit to enter new domains it does need an invitation... Not sure I am making sense 🙄 your thoughts?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
I do recall having read stories on this site from Indian contributors who mention either riding on public transit with or giving a ride to individuals they eventually discovered to be spirits so I am unsure whether all spirits there harbor an aversion to motor vehicles. In my opinion, cross cultural comparison may be problematic as I believe spirits are, in a way, defined and molded by the cultures in which they exist - much in the same way that folks will say that your beliefs an emotions may give a spirit power. Thereby, an interaction with a spirit in the US may produce nothing worse than a brief panic attack but in India the same experience may lead to a fever that lasts for days. There too, some spirits may be afraid of motor vehicles while elsewhere spirits may be known to pose as hitch hikers. Perhaps, the belief that spirits are afraid of motor vehicles is quite a local one that is not shared by others in different regions.
Rachin (4 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
Here in Nepal, people usually have an small idol of god or some other thing according to their belief in their vehicle for safe driving. So they believe its safer in vehicle.

But there have been incidents where ghosts ask for lift and get in the vehicle.

I have not heard of an incident where a ghost chasing someone enters a vehicle after the person being chased enters. In most of them they just stand outside the vehicle or circle the vehicle for a while.

And the fever thing is very common here in Nepal as well. Anyone after a paranormal incident is in bed for a day or more.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
I've noticed in some other stories from India that people get physically ill after encountering the paranormal, many times fever for days. Wonder what beliefs or cultural traditions influence this?

If I could comment on the suggestion that you are safe from ghosts when in vehicles - we have a famous story in SA - the ghost of Uniondale.
Wikipedia link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniondale,_Western_Cape.

The story goes:
IN stormy weather on Easter weekend of 1968 a young engaged couple had a car accident on the Barandas-Willowmore road around 20 kilometres from the town. The woman, Marie Charlotte Roux, was sleeping in the back seat of their Volkswagen Beetle when her fiancé lost control of the car. The car overturned and she was killed.

The first reported sighting of a ghost matching her description occurred during the Easter weekend of 1976,[2][not in citation given][3] and since then many other sightings have been reported. All involve a female hitchhiker who is given a lift, then disappears a few kilometers down the road, and some have reported car doors opening and closing, laughter and a chill in the air.

So, no, ghosts are not always scared of vehicles
Rachin (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
From experiences i've heard getting in vehicles is safe if the ghost is chasing you. I've heard of incidents where ghost chasing people stop chasing them and circle the vehicle when they enter a vehicle. By vehicle it usually means bus, car, trucks.
saamri (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
I agree with ladyglow. Sometimes wondering ghosts do get a ride on vehicles... Soon I will share a real life account he experienced in late 1950 s...
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
And... I commented on the wrong story. Guess it's getting late 😉 My apologies supernatural_2
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Lady Glow beat me to mentioning the fox as a possibility for what you heard. I don't know if they are native to your area, but worth checking out. An animal or perhaps someone outside could be the source of the sound.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
I'm curious about your following statement:

"In India it is believed that spirits are scared of vehicles, hence it is said that if you ever come across such supernatural beings DO NOT get down or step out of your vehicle. You are the safest inside your vehicles."

According to many stories from India, sometimes people give ghosts a ride on their vehicle only to later realize the spirit has vanished at some point.
Even more disconcerting, there's a recent story in which the OP narrates her long encounter with a ghost while riding on a bus.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25486

Though you have decided not to participate in the discussion, I'll appreciate if you or any other of our Indian members have anything to say about this particular belief.🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: