You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing My Alive Brother As A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing My Alive Brother As A Ghost

 

A couple of years ago I randomly woke up to the sound of my toilet flushing, which is the room next to mine. Obviously I thought nothing of it and just presumed someone got up to use the toilet, so I tried to go back to sleep.

I didn't hear any footsteps meaning someone went back to sleep so looked at the bathroom and saw my alive brother staring at me not blinking. After a couple of seconds was beginning to panick so decided to call his name out saying, "Stop. Go back to bed. This isn't funny, you are scaring me" but he didn't. Eventually I turned around and looked back and he was gone. Nothing left to show that anyone was ever there.

The next day I straight away (after somehow managing to go to sleep) asked my brother why he was staring a t me; however, he knew nothing about it and was confused. I told my parents about it so they didn't believe me and they still don't to this day whenever I mention it.

Another time I saw a ghost was when I woke up in the middle of the night again and looked out of my door and saw my, again alive, dad and random, really short stranger looking out the window.

Because it was a couple of years ago as well I don't really remember that one as clearly but my parents still didn't believe me about this ghost stuff.

I am certain that I didn't make this up in my head and I believe in ghosts. Nothing else has happened to me and I am confused as why nothing has came back or why they haven't possessed me when all three clearly had the chance to. I am also confused because I thought that ghosts had to be dead people.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Els, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-17)
Hi Els, I am concerned about your statement regarding possession. I think that is an incorrect and dangerous expectation to have. Do not ever open yourself up to, or expect possession.

Another member here has commented on Hypnopompic and Hypnagogic hallucinations. Please research these interesting topics as a possible explanation of your experiences.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-17)
There are some spirits, usually not very nice ones, that can take on the appearance of human beings at will, living or dead.
Els (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-17)
Yes I did mean that however my brother has never sleep walked before so I'm not sure if that is possible.

None of my dads friends have died so that stranger could of literally been anyone.

Thanks for the comment.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-16)
Hello Els and welcome to YGS.

I'm a bit confused about your following statement:

"Eventually I turned around and looked back and he was gone. Nothing left to show that anyone was ever there."

Do you mean you saw your brother, got scared, turned around after asking him to go to bed and, after a brief moment looked back to the bathroom and your brother was gone? If that's the case, would it be possible that your brother sleepwalked and had enough time to go back to his bedroom without you noticing?

As for your father, he might have had an out of body experience during his sleep and without being aware of it. It would have been interesting to ask him if he remembered his dreams during that particular night.
Do you know if any relative or one of your father's friend fitting the description of the stranger passed away around that time?

You sure had two very interesting experiences.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: