You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Childhood Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Apparition

 

My ghost story starts when we moved to our house in 1980, Glen Oaks, Baton Rouge La. I was seven years old when we moved there. I was so excited to be there. I felt like we were rich. It was bigger than our old house and we were not in what was like the country. I loved our old place but I was so happy with our new place. I know within weeks of moving in I felt like I was being watched all the time when I was in the living room. There were pictures of all of my family all over the living room, especially on a table that sat right against the wall near the front door. There was this picture of one of my sisters that every time I went through that space the eyes seemed to follow me. I do mean every time. You could not go through any part of the house without first going through the living room.

This is how it began. That went on for months. I would ask my family individually if any of them had experienced this but they all said no. Of course, most of them cracked wise about me because I felt this thing. My dad was the only one who showed any interest in my concern. I remember my sisters and I shared a room and me and my closest sister shared a bunk bed. It was the beginning of a school year and we were going to sleep. I had the top bunk. One night I could not sleep. I don't know what time it was, but I know it was close to midnight. I lifted my head up and looked the head of my bed and in the dark I could see a man (a full-bodied apparition) in seventies type clothing with a cap drinking something covered with a brown paper bag, standing at the head of my bed. I was way too frightened to move or even breathe. He turned and looked at me and ducked my head under my covers and did not move until the sun came up.

The next morning I asked my sisters if they saw the man, they just made fun of me. I kept feeling the eyes of my sister's photo watching me and seeing this man every night for a couple months. I could not get sleep to the point I finally talked to my dad, despite the fear of him teasing me like the rest of my family did. Surprisingly, he did not tease me but he understood because he was experiencing something n the house too. He would never go into detail but when I described the man to him he knew I was telling the truth. He made the decision for him and me to get up early the following morning, about 3 am and went into the living room and prayed. Being young, I prayed for about 3 minutes and fell asleep on my knees at the couch. My dad, however, prayed the whole time. I don't know what he prayed but after that morning, I never saw that man or felt the eyes of the photograph follow me again. The house was peaceful and felt like home. That house stayed in our family until February 2018.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charbell46, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ree_70809 (2 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-06-21)
B.R. Here... Have heard Glen Oaks is fairly active. Not surprised a bit! Thanks for sharing!
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-23)
Amazing story. Thanks for sharing.
I thought the story was written nicely.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
This is a very interesting experience.

Did you ever research the history of the house?
I wonder if the man you saw was a previous inhabitant of the place and died there or if he passed away around that area.

It seems like he was in need of some one helping him to cross over. It was very nice from your father to offer a prayer for this stranger and, it seems to me, that you and your father are more sensitive to spirits than the rest of your family.

Thanks for sharing.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Amazing. Thanks for sharing your story charbell. Being a christian myself, I would have done exactly the same as your father. It works every time. Blessings!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: