You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Childhood Entities

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Entities

 

I've had paranormal type experiences as far back as I can remember. As a baby until about 7 years old I lived in/right beside an old haunted house. The house was built sometime in the 1800s. Me, my mom, my dad and my brother lived in the house for a few of those 7 years and the remaining time we lived in a mobile home right directly beside it, within 100ft. There was something happening EVERY night, whether it was lights turning on/off, to hearing someone walking up/down the stairs of the house very loudly, to even seeing an apparition. Like I said it was always something. I wish I had a camera or recorder back then I would have got something on it I'm sure.

Even people outside of the house would know it was haunted, we lived in the country, but our nearest neighbors would go by and later ask my mom or dad "You got the electric fixed in the old house?" And they'd say "No, Why?" And the neighbors would be like "Well when we rode past, it looked like there was lights on upstairs." The crazy part, there was nothing but the old wires hanging down, no place to even put a light bulb.

There is two occasions that really shook me. The first one was one day, me and a female cousin of mine were playing and we ran away from her brother into the old house. When we got in there, there's this board we had you could put across the door as a way to lock it, so that's what we did. Once we did that we look up at the stairs and there is this man wearing a red shirt with blue pants and you could see right through him. Me and my cousin looked at each other, like, are you seeing what I'm seeing? Once we got a grip, we screamed as we tried to remove the board from across the door and once that door opened, we flew passed her brother and he was like wtf? So we told him and even though he had seen things around there as well, he shrugged it off as if we were crazy.

The second time I was scared out of my mind, it was only me, my mom and the same female cousin home in the mobile home bedside the old house and my mom was cooking in the kitchen, me and my cousin were in my brother's room watching Baywatch (lol). My cousin gets up to go to the kitchen for something to drink, so I was alone in the room and creeped out - I always felt like I was being watched so I decided to go in there with them. I go to walk out the bedroom door and feel the urge to stop and look to my left, and omg I felt frozen from fear at what I saw 😱. It was only a head/face peeping out of the bathroom door with piercing black eyes staring at me, what I felt like into my soul. It almost appeared to be an old native American man, maybe woman. It didn't speak, just stared. I was so scared and on edge by things paranormal and non paranormal going on, I'm not sure if it was a good or bad presence.

However I do feel as though it follows me wherever I go, I say that not only because I feel it but one time I was at the same female cousin I was with the night I seen it years later and was taking pictures and when I had the film developed there was a picture someone took of me, and I don't like having pictures taken of me, so I had my hand in front of my face and in between my fingers it looked like the same face I had seen years earlier, only it was a bluish color instead.

After I seen that face that day it was a long time before I saw another apparition full on, I'd see figures of a solid black man out of the corner of my eye, to turn and nothing be there. So, anyone can believe what they want, but for me, I KNOW there is more out there than just this "physical" world, as well, there is so much we weren't taught or were taught wrong, even if the ones that taught us had the best intentions. Anywho that's all for now folks! 😛

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Welcome2myfreakyfreakshow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
That picture that you took would be interesting to see. I am assuming that you do not live there (or nearby) anymore. For the amount of paranormal experiences that have happened on the property, I would definitely check into having the place investigated by a paranormal research group.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-05)
Hello Freakshow and welcome to YGS,

Firstly, I am concerned about this statement:

"I was so scared and on edge by things paranormal and non paranormal going on, I'm not sure if it was a good or bad presence."

I don't want to pry but I want to put forth an opinion that I have about unstable living conditions. If people live in and tolerate a state of fear or agitation, I think that this environment is attractive to entities who don't belong there. They should move on but these environments may provide a source of energy or something to latch onto. Just my opinion.

I don't get a good vibe from your cousin's brother. You guys might have been playing when you locked yourselves in that building but that part of your story was my first "red flag". I hope that I am wrong. I hope he was a decent guy.

All of these things happened on the property with the old house? Maybe you could go to the library and look at old property records. It might be, at least, interesting to dig up some history. I did that where I live now, last summer, and some of the details that came up were crazy.

Thank you for an interesting read. Do you still have the picture of the bluish face?

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: