You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things Are Happening 2

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Are Happening 2

 

My grandmother's house is extremely old and I get the creeps whenever I go over there. I know the house has a history.

A young man committed suicide there in the late 1950s. One night, before I was even born my Aunt and Uncle decided to contact the spirit of the man by using a Ouija board. Nothing strange happened right away. However, as time went by my grandmother started seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of her eye. My Aunt and Uncle kept getting pinched by an unseen force. My grandmother kept getting her hair pulled. Eventually things settled down.

Then, one night as my grandmother was cooking dinner a plate fell on the floor and smashed. Two more did the same thing. My family isn't bothered by the events that still occasionally occur in the house.

One night I launched an investigation of my own and did an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) session. I asked the normal questions like "who are you?", why are you here?". I reviewed my recordings a few hours later and what I caught was absolutely incredible.

I found out that the spirit in my grandmother's house is a young man named John McGovern who shot himself in 1956 at the age of 23. I researched the history of house and found the information. The EVP session caught a male voice saying "John" and "Gun".

I live in a haunted house and so does my grandmother. I don't know what it is but my family seems to have a lot of paranormal experiences. As a paranormal expert and investigator I have experiences all the time. It's a common thing with me. I'm not at all bothered by my experiences because I have been doing this sort of thing for over 25 Years so I'm used to it. Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to comment down below!

Other hauntings by MikeChandlerOfficial

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MikeChandlerOfficial, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
MikeChandlerOfficial/McHugh/Phillips - according to your profile you "am also an author of several books on ghosts."

What books have you authored and who published them? I'd definitely like to read them. ๐Ÿ™„
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hello Mike Chandler Phillips,

Thanks for clearing that up.

I look forward to reading more from you.

Best wishes,
Miandra
๐Ÿ˜˜ โค ๐Ÿ˜˜
MikeChandler001 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hi Miandra,

Michael Chandler Phillips is my real name. Just thought I'd clear that up. Thanks!

Mike
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hello MikeChandlerOfficial/MikeChandler001,

I just read your posts, profiles, and comments. I'm confused. Your profile on MikeChandlerOfficial says your name is Chandler McHugh, however you sign your comments as Mike Chandler.๐Ÿ˜•

I've enjoyed reading your posts and all the comments. Thanks for posting your experience.

Rex-T,

Well spotted that the 2 accounts are linked. The OP has interesting experiences and I enjoyed reading them.

Best wishes,
Miandra
๐Ÿ˜˜ โค ๐Ÿ˜˜
Pink496 (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-04)
Hey mike I enjoyed reading your experience. Very interesting. I thought the hair pulling could be concerning but I am glad things seems to be better good luck and all the best
-Pink
MikeChandlerOfficial (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
Cecil,

I feel like I should have added this to the story but I have in fact contacted the spirit and told it to move on in a kindly manner. I appreciate the help.

Mike
Cecil-XII (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-23)
Hello Mike,

What an intriguing story, in all honesty I do think that this ghost needs some help passing on, to me it sounds like he is troubled if he is trying to get your attention through such manners - the hair pulling and the plates.

People who have to put it lightly... Departed in their own homes tend to linger there after death, so it doesn't surprise me that John is still lurking around.

All things said, just be respectful and polite whilst dealing with him, you wouldn't want to cause further upset, not saying you will, I'm just saying be cautious.

All things considered I'm interesting in seeing future experiences from you.

Stay safe and I hope you have a lovely day.

Kind regards, Cecil.:)
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-23)
Mike,

Kudos on trying to help the spirits move on. Living in an 'active' house does make life interesting doesn't it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Investigating haunted locations sounds really interesting. I look forward to any experiences you can share here, if you are able to.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks again,
Dee
MikeChandlerOfficial (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-23)
AugustaM,

I did research before launching the EVP investigation. I appreciate your help in the matter. I have consulted a priest to bless the house. I am not bothered much by the activity as I have also prayed for the spirit to move on. I have told it leave us alone and the and activity has since become less frequent (probably should've included that in the story).
MikeChandlerOfficial (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-23)
Hi again Dee,

My grandmother's name also happened to be Dee (fun fact). Anyway, I would rather consult a priest to cleanse the house and I have said prayers for the spirit to move on. Thanks so much for your help!

Sincerely,
Mike
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-22)
Hello from Virginia! We have so many beautiful old houses around here - I've been fortunate enough to have worked in many of them. As fascinating as they are as museums - I rather prefer seeing them still being used as they were intended- they seem rather lonely without families living there.

I have little doubt that your grandmother's house is haunted - with old houses it seems to go with the territory. The past is never entirely "in the past".

I do have a question about the EVP session, however. Did you uncover the name of the suicide victim before or after the EVP session? From the way your account is structured, it seems as though it may have been before the session. If it was before, the tendency of the brain to seek to find patterns may have caused it to read the desired word into the difficult to decipher crackle and noise of an EVP recording i.e. Confirmation bias.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Mike,

Honestly, I would be bothered by the pinching, hair pulling and plates smashing. The activity doesn't sound evil, but that of attention seeking in a nasty way. If it is the spirit of the previous owner, he seems quite unhappy to say the least.

I see you mentioned that you're an investigator; Do you do any sort of cleansing, prayers for the spirit to move on, etc after the investigation is complete? If not, it may be a good idea to start incorporating one of the above. Obviously, please do so in a polite, respectful way (spirits were human just like us). ๐Ÿ˜Š

You're definitely not alone in your experiences. YGS has an abundance of accounts that vary from the mundane to 'In-your-face' incidents. ๐Ÿ˜Š

All the best,
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: