You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Channel Surfing Or Poltergeist?

Real Ghost Stories

Channel Surfing Or Poltergeist?

 

I have a brand new TV from a rental company. I've had it just over a year now. The picture quality and features are amazing. I can look up programs for a day or the whole week. I can set reminders for shows I like. I can preset the TV to switch off on a sleep mode and it also records live shows so I can watch them later.

The last couple of weeks strange things have been going on with the TV. It changes channels on it's own. It alerts me with pop up boxes that will change channels to watch shows I don't watch. It switches off on sleep mode and I haven't set any of those prompts.

I called the rental company and they said part of the contract is I can change it. They brought me another brand new TV unpacked from a box and installed it. Guess what? It's still doing it. It's changing channels and switching off on its own.

I just googled why the TV could be doing this. A few reasons: A neighbours remote with a similar brand TV could be responsible, a truck passing on the road may be the reason, a button on my remote could be stuck or my remote could be faulty.

I checked everything. Nothing wrong with my remote. I went to see the two guys on my level of my unit and they said they had different brand TVs, and the lady downstairs said she doesn't watch TV until the evenings.

Is it possible that some sort of entity is controlling my TV or is it just an electronic issue?

Any thoughts? Any advice on how I can stop this?

I did another cleansing/shielding ritual last weekend. Rookdygins ritual is keeping away the hag and the spirit Steve.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sleeping-with-steve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
Hello everyone,

I just want to extend my good wishes to all members for the holiday season.

I feel so grateful to have found this site. My friendships with members here bond further and have helped me get stronger over the years.

Best wishes,
SWS πŸŽ„πŸŽ…
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-07)
Rex-T,

You are such a wise sage. Thank you for getting back to me.

I tend to agree with you. A prankster spirit or young spirit who enjoys playing tricks.

Yes, I agree about the spirits getting through when it's time to re-cleanse.

Once a fortnight is my time frame at the moment. If I leave it longer I have unusual things happen and spirits like Steven return. 😨

Thank you again Rex-T.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-10-07)
Miandra,

Cuddlebear was going down a similar track with the suggestion to adjust the angle of your TV. R.F.I. Stands for Radio Frequency Interference and in simple terms, means that a powerful signal from a facility like a radio or TV station, is interfering with certain electrical appliances.

If this was the cause of your TV's problem, the interference would have probably turned your recording into "white noise" or static.

Your situation is starting to take on the hallmarks of a prankster entity - changing TV channels, hiding things (like your sandals), etc.

Wonder if your cleansing ritual causes this spirit to "vacate the premises", only to return later when "the coast is clear".

Keep up the good work.
Rex-T
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-10-07)
Hello Rex-T,

How are you? I hope you and Jubeele are well.

What's R.F.I.?

Yes the recording was perfect. Nothing in the background. No radio sounds or voices in the background.

It was the voices of the people on celebrity big brother that I was hearing but the TV was black and off and yet I could hear them chatting. When I watched the recording it was exactly what I heard. Same American voices.

I noticed Rookdygin is back. I've read his recent comments. I have been doing his cleansing ritual fortnightly. I had a lazy lapse and quickly started doing it fortnightly again after I felt my hand move one night and it woke me up.

Thank you so much for popping by.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘 πŸ˜•
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-10-07)
Hi Miandra,

Like you, I still have a look to see how things are going, when I can. I also saw the negative point but right before my eyes it just disappeared It was miraculous! 😲

So, did the recording come out OK with no radio voices?

If the recording is good, I think the R.F.I. Theory is not stacking up.

I also noticed that Rook is back in town, so how is your cleansing going?

Rex-T
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
5 years ago (2019-10-06)
'Chanel surfing or poltergeist. Update:

Last night I programmed my TV to record celebrity big brother (USA). I turned the TV off and went to bed because the program was due to start at 11:45pm 06th October 2019.

My TV records onto a USB whiles its on or off after I program it.

At 11:45pm I heard what sounded like a radio. I had no idea where the sound was coming from. It wasn't loud.

I got up and looked out the bedroom window and there wasn't a car down there.

I then went into the lounge room and the TV was off, completely black but the the recording light flashed blue and red which was normal. BUT what wasn't normal was the sound was the voices of the people on celebrity big brother. The screen was black and off and yet the voices came through like it was on. That is definitely not what happens. If my TV records when its turned off, it records in an off position and no sound can be heard until you play back the recording when you turn the TV back on again.

Anyway, that's an update. Who knows what happened last night.

Also, someone has been taking away my karma votes and in one case here put me in negative for a reply to 'MysticFrance' which was a completely nice reply. I know we aren't suppose to worry about our karma points, but they do lift members spirits and for that reason I up vote EVERY single comment I read here. If the comment is negative. I just move past it. I'm on here daily and sometimes twice a day and read all the posts and comments. I learn from what I read. I don't post comments on posts all time because most of the members here know a lot more than I do and offer great support. Regardless, I still enjoy the posts on YGS and reading them. So who is mean enough to down vote me and in some cases other members leaving replys on my threads? Hmmmmm, I don't know. πŸ˜•

I look forward to any feed back.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-20)
Hello 22centuryboi,

You asked about my unit:

It's a one bedroom unit in the middle of 2 blocks of units. I'm on the top/1st floor. There are 4 units on my level and 2 units downstairs.

The blocks on either side of me are set out the same way. People have died in the blocks on either side of me.

In my block, on my floor a guy died 2 weeks ago.

In my unit prior to me moving in, the previous tenant died in my unit in the bathroom. He fell and hit his head.

😨

Over the fence there's 2 more blocks of units on the left and 5 blocks of units on the right. Lots of beautiful trees and a high fence separate the blocks. The trees are full of lorikeets, cockatoo's, magpies and sparrows.

At night there's a family of posseums that go up and down the trees. I sit on the balcony a lot and have a cappuccino and watch the wildlife. It's so beautiful.

I hope that gives you a better picture of the set up.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
Hello Anupriyag,

It seems like you are having similar issues to me. I have tried just about everything.

The members here have been so supportive and given me many ways to stop my TV changing channels. Unfortunately my TV has a mind of it's own and still changes channels.

Have you tried putting your remote in your bedside cabinet? Just a suggestion.

Keeps us posted.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hello Lady-Glow,

I won't give up chicken and meat either. As long as they are not pets.

I love my food and cook a lot of spicy foods like Mexican, Indian, Thai etc and most of those dishes taste better with meat.

Thank you for the New Year wishes. I too hope the craziness stops here. 😨

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Miandra - happy new Year to you, too.
I hope this year you won't see any more of the weird activity going on at your place.

Since I'm here, I thank you for reading and commenting on my story about my pets. I'm sorry you too had to experience loosing your chickens. Still, I'm not ready to become a vegetarian.

Best regards,
Glo.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-01)
Happy New Year to all my friends on YGS.

I don't know everyone here, but the members I do know and have made contact with are lovely.

I hope 2019 is a fantastic year filled with joy and happiness.

🍹🍻🍹
Best wishes
Miandra
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-22)
Hi MysticFrance,

I do a cleansing and shielding. Rookdygin has a method on his profile page. It helps, but Steven the ghost still manages to sneak through from time to time.

When he visits me these days, (not often), I push him away and fight him off and within seconds/a minute he's gone.

I have to do the cleansing ritual every 2 weeks.😡

So far so good. I'm managing.😱

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❀
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-22)
Oh, yeah! I found the story and to be honest, I couldn't sleep well last night after reading it. Glad that I never sleep alone. I told my husband about Incubus and Succubus and it was the first time he heard about it.

Anyway, is Steve still bothering you? Have you tried to ask a priest to bless the house?

Best regards.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Hello MysticFrance,

Steven is a ghost. I asked him his name and he told me.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25949

Long story, I've attached a link for you to read if you have time. I have other posts. If you click on my profile you will see them.

Thank you for your comment.

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Hi!

Who's Steve? And how did you know that it's the name of the ghost?

Nice story!

Regards!
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-05)
Hello Cuddlebear,

Thank you for your efforts with coming up with suggestions.

I have done what you've said and adjusted the TV angle.

I'm going to see what happens. πŸ“Ί

I'm willing to try anything. It's pretty annoying when it changes channels during a show I'm watching that's really interesting.

Thanks again.
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-05)
Miandra ~ You don't necessarily need to re-locate the TV. Try adjusting the angle of the TV in the room. Again just a suggestion if possible.

Just for an experiment I would try to cover the sensor for a couple of days and see if the phenomena continues...
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Hello Cuddlebear,

Thank you for stopping by and for your advise.

Unfortunately I can't move the TV. I only have one socket in the lounge room. I live in a small unit/flat and there's no where else to move the TV.

I really appreciate your advise.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
SWS just a suggestion... If this is being caused by another remote you may be able to eliminate the problem by either changing the angle of the tv in your room or by shielding your sensor with a box of some sort. The later may be inconvenient in that it would force you into one position for the remote to work.

I have seen this problem many times in barracks and base housing and a repositioning of the TV helps about 90% of the time.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Hello Marjarlika012,

Haha... Yes, It's annoying when the channel changes, especially during a good bit of a movie.

It still does it. I just have to put up with it.

Thank you for your comments.

Best wishes.
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
That would be sooo frustrating. You watching TV then someone or something would play a prank on you especially on those scene nearing and until climax. Whoo!
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Hello Mrs Rizzo,

How are you? Nothing new to report on my TV. It still changes channels from to time and goes off on sleep mode sometimes.

The rental company insist it's new neighbours.

I just put up with it.

Thanks for asking.
Miandra
😘 ❀ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Keep us posted On everything that's going on with the paranormal😊
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-10)
Hey there! No problem at all! ❀️😊 I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-04)
Hello Mrs Rizzo,

You made me laugh. You're mum swearing at the TV and using her iPad. Hahaha πŸ˜‚

Thanks for trying. 😘

I read your posts and added them to my favourites. I liked one about the (The little old lady at the door). Very strange how she knew your name. Even stranger that she just left. 😲

Thanks again for talking to your mum about the TV.

You're a sweetheart.
Miandra ❀
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-04)
Hey there!
I was talking with my mom last night and I asked her. Are you doing anything about what's been going on with the television? She said yes I have been swearing at it and using my I pad. Haha I was like oh well then. She says she think it's because the television is old. I have two tvs so I am going to give her my other one. I am sorry that I don't have any good advice on this one. I wish you good luck.πŸ€ talk with you later 😊❀️
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-10-03)
Thank you SWS, that's very kind of you. ❀❀❀

Dee

505050505050
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-03)
Hello Mrs Rizzo,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I would be interested to know if she's managed to stop the strange behaviour.

My TV still does what it wants from time to time. Thank goodness it's too bad.

😘 ❀ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-03)
Hey there I don't think that my mom has done much about it. I think she just puts up with it lol she must not care too much. I will double check though. If she has any good ideas on it I will let you know. Have a wonderful day
Emily Rizzo
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-02)
Hello Curious Dee,

My sincere condolences to you for your loss. Its very sad you lost your mother. I just read your comment to Aporetic. 😒

I'm sending hugs your way. 😘 ❀ 😘

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: