You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Communicated With A Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Communicated With A Poltergeist

 

I've always had a fascination with ghosts. Why they're here. Why they won't move on. Whether they exist. I have visited several haunted locations in Britain including Dover Castle (where I saw my first ghost which I will speak about some other time) and Tower of London (no contact). I have also been on a ghost walk. When I see evidence of a haunting, I try to make contact.

My fascination took me down a dark road a few years ago. I went to this after-school club every evening as my parents didn't finish work until late. The club was on the same grounds as a church so there was a cemetery. This club will probably be a centre of many of my stories as I have had several encounters here including witnessing apparitions and a local urban legend that may in fact be real.

This was one of my scariest though. There was this coat room at the back of the hall where the club was held. If the light was off, it was pitch black and if you opened the fire exit door in there it lead to the cemetery. My friends and I decided to hold a sort of seance (no ouija boards - I hate those things) in the coat room. It started out us just messing about laughing. We were getting ready to give up and just tell stories when something happened.

The temperature in the room dropped. The room was always cold - but this was like outdoor winter temperature. Then the light started flickering (sorry if this sounds cliche but this is what happened).

People in the room started saying something was tapping them on the shoulder and then the door shut (we weren't allowed to fully close the door). The door that lead to the cemetary started shaking and people were freaking out.

I'm trying to remain calm (as you may know this isn't my first encounter) but I'm unsure. Everyone works together to try and open the door and we eventually get it open and I thought that it was over. Then someone just got pushed on the floor - by this poltergeist we had came in contact with. I'm freaking out now and so is everyone else.

I tell the spirit to leave and it has no business here and next thing I know I've been thrown across the room. Some people thought I jumped of course (can't blame them). My friends were screaming and I was praying at this point (this lightened the mood - all my friends were atheist) - but after I prayed, it stopped.

Might not sound like much but it was the scariest day of my life and I've not tried to conduct a seance ever since.

Has anything similar happened to anyone? I don't really tell many people because they think I'm crazy or lying but me and 4 other people experienced this.

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
oraclemache I've never thought of it like that. It was several years ago so I'm not sure... I certainly hope not. Not to worry, no way I'll ever try anything like that again. We were just dumb kids messing with things we didn't understand.
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
I don't think your crazy or lying. Here is my concern, anything that is powerful enough to physically toss you is worrisoome. It can potentially cause harm. I would not repeat what you were doing or venture back over if you can avoid it. Have eyou had any issues since leaving to suggest it attached. It most likely did not attach to you if it did anyone. You being the one that prayed it would have most likely chosen another victim. I am guessing anyway. There is no rule book on this kind of thing or guarantee's. Yes, I have had things like this happen before. It is not something to fool with I found out the hard way. Wonderful job telling your story. Thank you for sharing.
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
Yeah I was freaking out a lot. I'm never doing anything like that again
JRGurganus1998 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-26)
Damn that's wild. If I got thrown across the room like that, I'd haul ass.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: