You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Disembodied Whistle

Real Ghost Stories

The Disembodied Whistle

 

This is a story that happened about 7 months ago. I had recently moved out of my old home to move into my own home. It is the first time I've lived on my own, besides my significant other. Well we had been moving in and out of this house, (my mother was moving too) and I had decided I still needed some of my things out of my old room. I had only a bit left so I figured I'd be in and out. I hadn't realized how unnerving this old house was with no lights and being alone. I walked down the horrifying hallway to my room in the back when I passed my sisters old room, it was creepy but nothing to be concerned about, so I went on my way packing up what little I had left and turning to leave. As I walked down the hallway again passing my sister's old room, I was stopped in my tracks. A disembodied whistle clear as day was coming from her room. It sounded human, not an object but like a person whistling. I was a bit too scared to move as again I was the only person in the house and I was not whistling. Like a deer in headlights I was stuck, my hands holding a full box of my things. I had an old car vacuum in her room that I had still wanted to grab. Yet I changed my mind finally gaining the ability to move. Safe to say I booked it out of that old stinky house, never going back for that vacuum. As far as I see it wasn't worth it, if someone were to be hiding in there my life certainly isn't worth a little handheld vacuum.

Once I had finally gotten all my things moved into my new home, I had finally settled myself on my couch to relax. It was getting late and I decided to start watching tv. My first night in my own home (before my SO moved in) when I began hearing it once again! That human like whistling. I muted the tv, thinking maybe it was just on the television. Nope the disembodied whistling was still there.

I have an uneasy feeling about my new home. But I'm lucky enough to own my own home so I won't be moving out any time soon! I will update any other horrifying moments here! Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrypticSerpent, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
It would be a good idea to perform a blessing or cleansing of your house according to your personal beliefs with the intention of keeping any negativity away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: