You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mom's Disembodied Sobs

Real Ghost Stories

Mom's Disembodied Sobs

 

My experience happened in 2015. I had just moved backed to New Orleans from Florida and gotten an apartment. Then came hurricane Katrina. My parents and I evacuated to my sister's house in P.a. We were very stressed, especially my Mom. My sister had a large old house, and Mom and Dad and I were sleeping downstairs. Them in a bedroom and I on the living room sofa. My sister slept upstairs.

At 4:00 a.m. I awoke to my sis, Heather, standing over me and telling me to get up. Frantic, she asked if I heard Mom sobbing loudly, and I said I did not. We went upstairs, and she told me what happened. She was sleeping and awoke to the sound of Mom sobbing and screaming, coming from outside. She looked out her bedroom window and saw Mom leaning against a tree, yelling into her phone. She thought, what's going on? Heather ran downstairs and opened the door. Mom wasn't out there and it was silent.

Confused, she ran back inside to wake up Dad. She was shocked to see Mom in bed with Dad, sound asleep. That's when she got me up.

We went upstairs and she's telling me what's going on, when suddenly we heard Mom sobbing and screaming at the top of her lungs, sounding like she was at the foot of the stairs. We started running down, and when we reached the bottom everything went completely silent.

I vividly remember the atmosphere feeling thick and prickly. We went into the bedroom to wake Dad up, and there was Mom, sleeping with Dad. They were both deeply asleep. We roused them both and related to them what happened. We were all at a loss explain this experience. To this day we still talk about it.

My sister and I have witnessed other strange events, always together. Thanks y'all for reading my story, and I wish you all the best.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Quantumgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-05)
Hi Quantumgirl -

Wow, that is a very scary experience. Thanks for sharing!
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-25)
Hi Quantumgirl.
Very interesting. My brother had a very similar experience (see one of my posts). Could it have been your mothers 'doppelganger'?
truffles (1 stories) (9 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-25)
I think you made a small mistake. Katrina was in 2005, not 2015. Liked the story. What a strange experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: