You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Coldness at Buttermilk

Real Ghost Stories

Coldness at Buttermilk

 

I want to share with everyone about the experience that changed my life. I had been a ghost hunter for 7 months and was getting a team together. My team was called G.A.P.S. This stands for Ghostly Appalachian Paranormal Society. I've studied the paranormal for a couple years and thought I could handle anything out there in the "other world". Well, I was wrong.

I learned a lesson that if you play with fire, yeah, you will get burned. There is a place called Buttermilk. I had been to this place four times already, each time with different people. This time I was with one guy and 3 other girls. The 'story' of this place is that a man died from freezing to death while hunting. He had no coat and story goes that your coat will get tugged on if you are there. This place is one road that leads 2 ways. It is a thick, wooded area that is used mainly for hunting bear.

One family lives at the end of the right side of the road. This is how we got permission to ghost hunt here. Okay, so it's almost dark. Our team had been walking around the road, taking pictures, listening for anything, and we decided to provoke. I had the most terrible feeling inside me. I told my main partner about my feeling. She shrugged it off. We start walking one by one through the area where the spirit is said to remain. Nothing happens with the 3 girls. The guy walks through and says his coat just got tugged in the back. So, it's my turn now. I was wearing my husband's coat ~ lucky me... I walked through and my coat got tugged right below my right shoulder blade. I tell everyone.

My main partner gets her dossing rods and starts asking questions. I do not take much part in this. I didn't provoke with the group because the feeling inside me almost made me get sick. I was just scouring the woods for wild animals. I'm scared to death of wild animals, but, I tried to keep this fear inside. A cold spot comes out of nowhere near our group in the middle of the dirt road. We all feel it. It grows in size and becomes colder. I felt my coat get tugged on again in the same spot. I told everyone. The guy of the group got his coat tugged on again too. The temperature felt as if it had dropped to around 20 degrees or below and it was fall and the actual temperature was near 60 degrees. Of course it was nightfall, but, the temperature never dropped below 40 degrees the entire month.

We followed this cold spot for around 10 minutes or so while she used her rods. I felt someone grab my right arm, right above my elbow. I looked to see and there was no one there to my right. I immediately let everyone know that I just got grabbed and told them where. When my coat was touched in the spot where I felt something grab me, it felt very hot. I kept touching my coat in this spot because it was so hot feeling and so strange. I told one of the girls to touch it and she said it felt hot to her too. I was telling everyone that I was freezing and ready to go. Nobody wanted to leave except me. I became numb. I had never been so cold in my life. I beg to leave and finally they agree. No one was cold like me for some reason.

So, I get home after a car ride that seemed like forever. I told my husband how cold I was and I was feeling very run down. It was late, close to midnight and I could not sleep. I felt like something was inside me taking my life. It was horrible. I felt very sad, very isolated and angry at the same time. I cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I was very sick. I couldn't hardly talk. I was out of my head even. I was so cold and numb. I curled up over the heater and could not even feel the heat. I asked God to help me rid myself of this demon. I tried to cast it out by yelling at it to leave and never come back. I finally called a priest and after going to church, I felt much better.

Still, to this very day, I cannot get hot. I stay cold, especially my fingertips and toes. I know this is long and I don't want to use too much space, so, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask/share and I will reply. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Ramzey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ramzey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hi Ramzey,
I do hope that you meant that you all decided to INvoke a Spirit, and not PROvoke one 😉.
You say that your ghost hunting group "was called", does that mean that it had disbanded?
You may want to have your doctor check on your circulation. There is a possibility, as you stayed out in that cold longer than you, yourself, felt comfortable, that you may have sustained a bit of frostbite. I know, sounds far fetched, but I have seen it happen before. I do not have a circulation problem, but my fingers and feet are always cold. I must wear slippers in the house unless it is close to boiling outside.
I find it interesting that the one male in that group that night had his coat tugged on once and you were repeatedly tugged at in your husbands coat. This may be far fetched also, but what are the chances he knew it was not yours to begin with?
Thank you.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
KimSouth, I wanted to say thank you for the idea of giving him a coat. I never thought about that. I am going to do that because I have a spare coat in my vehicle. It's a man's coat too. It belonged to my uncle who passed away a few years ago. Thanks everyone for reading! I love comments!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
How fascinating and odd. It is fairly apparent that for whatever reason, the 'entity' (for lack of other knowledge) did not want you in the area, maybe because you had been there before?

I have heard before of people becoming ill or beciming ingured, such as a scrape or a rash, but this one really touched me.

I get an odd sense that as you had returned to the area several times, the 'man' became angered wondering why you continue to return but will NOT leave a mans coat behind for him.

Weird, huh? Iknow, I know.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
I called a preacher. So sorry I used the word priest. Same difference to me!
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-03)
Ramzey I can honestly say that if my coat was being tugged on and I became that cold I would have just left on my own. I also can't seem to get my hands and feet warm. Strange isn't it? And to FRAWIN perhaps she was confusing what ever they call the guy who does the praying. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject but I haven't been to a baptist church in years.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hello Ramzey. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I found it very interesting. There is one thing that I'm confused about. In the story you said you called a priest and in your comment to Shenny you said you was a Baptist Christian, and I(being Baptist) was wondering why a Baptist would call a priest?I'm not doubting you for an instant just a little confused. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
One thing I didn't put in the story was the only coats that got "tugged" or "touched" was the 2 men coats, not the women's. I thought this to be strange because it fit the story... What do you think? Since, writing this story and opening up about this, I have even felt more better. I was keeping it inside. Around here where I live, not many want to hear about things like this. They think I'm unGodly, I suppose. But, I am Baptist Christian. Thanks, Sheni for reading. I will post more stories ~Promise! 😉 😉
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Dear Ramzey,
I enjoyed reading your story.
I hope you get well soon.
Please post more stories. 😊

Take care,
Sheni.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: