You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ma Cook's Place

Real Ghost Stories

Ma Cook's Place

 

As you might know already, I am a ghost hunter. To give you an idea why I ghost hunt and research the unknown as much as I can, I'd like to share with you some experiences I have recently not a ghost hunting.

At my home I live in now, strange things have happened, and are still happening. I'll start at the beginning...

I was maybe 8 or 9 years old. It was another night sleeping with my great grandma Ma Cook. I didn't start sleeping by myself until I turned 13, I know... She owned the home and still does. Anyway, I was always a good sleeper (still am), but on this certain night, something in the dark woke me. I was on my back and I opened my eyes. At the door was a person standing there, I couldn't tell who or even if they were a man or a woman, but it was a solid person adult sized. I could see this because in Ma's bathroom which is across the hall from our room at the time, the night light was always on so we had light peering in. I said, "Ma?" It stood there, didn't move. "Um, Ma?" I sat up, my elbow just hit Ma Cook next to me in bed, and it wasn't Ma! I looked back fast, no one. I sat there in bed, wondering if that someone had just gone into the kitchen because I heard footsteps, but who? No one else lived here! Ma Cook woke up to find me sitting in bed and she asked if I was okay. "Yeah, but there was someone standing at the door a minute ago looking in here at me." "HUH?!" She got up, searched the house, I searched with her. No one.

Just thinking of this brings a big smile to my face since now I seek the unknown as an investigator, back then, I was seeking too, just didn't realize...:) Ready for more?

My best friend April stayed with me often on weekends. We heard footsteps in the kitchen many times. We heard them so loud and clearly one night that we ending up sleeping under the sheets so we couldn't hear. To this day, footsteps are heard in there basically every other day it seems.

Okay, now to my room, the last door on the left... I'll begin with 2 years ago, I was 24, and it was Autumn. I had been out ghost hunting that past weekend and was staying with Ma for the night. I had all my pictures and equipment from my investigations in my room. The photos were sitting in a grey box on top of the computer desk, a normal photo box, a normal desk... I get into bed not too late and just a minute or two after I lay down, something hits the floor and rustling sounds were coming from the edge of the bed. I got up all of my photos were all over the floor, almost like they had been swiped off the desk with a mad hand. I cleaned the mess up not so neatly, got back into bed, studied why that just happened. Well, as I lay there wanting to doze off, the side of the bed I was lying in, the left side, it rose up I'm estimating almost a half foot off of the floor and slammed back down. My dog Leah was with me this night. I had noticed her whimpering earlier before. I switched the light off for sleep but didn't think nothing much of it. She whimpered again and Leah isn't a dog that goes around whimpering. I crawled over my bed and switched on the closet light, brrr... It was colder it seemed, the noise and the pound from the bed, it had spooked me a bit. I noticed Leah more since the light was on. She was following something around the room with her eyes, I looked in the directions she was looking, her eyes would jump to the left or to the ceiling, down on the floor. It was weird, like it was messing with her...

Okay, now I have been living again here for 3 plus months. More things have happened. I've heard footsteps again in the kitchen as usual, also in the hallway. During a bath one night, I saw an orange glow of light along with noises under the floors after I saw this I asked out loud if there was a ghost in my presence. "Knock" on the floor. I asked, "Can you give me another sign?" "Knock, knock!" under the bathtub this time.

My son has seen dark shadows in my room and he has never spoken of things like this before. He says when the lights go off a black man looks at him from the edge of the bed. I haven't said one word to him about a ghost. Trust me.

A loud groan with a gasp came from out of nowhere three nights ago, and it sounded like a lady's voice. Two nights ago, I had just switched my closet light off, ready to go to bed. My son was asleep in his bed, my door was shut like always but as I walked to my bed to get in, the door opened very slowly and started to even creak. I turned and watched it. I had a night light on; this is how I saw it so well. I went to shut it and as I walked towards it, it started to shut back itself! As I reached for the door knob it stopped moving and I shut it.

This has never happened, the door latches shut and it does not creak at all but this one time the other night it sure did. I'm just glad my son was asleep.

Now, last night I was making chocolate milk in the kitchen. A black figure from the corner of my right eye moved. I looked to see and I saw a brownish/black silhouette move into the wall and was gone. I have yet to work much with my equipment in my home because I do not want it to feel as if I am doing a project on it you know what I mean? It's in my house. I have never hunted in my home, just those couple of questions I asked in the bathroom basically. It doesn't bother me at all though, I like it actually.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Ramzey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ramzey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I'm sure you know this but since you avidly go around and hunt ghosts you always risk the chance of one following you home from a haunted site. I guess it doesn't matter too much though if it doesn't bother you.:)
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
I noticed that this story was changed per how this site likes to fix the wording. It says when I elbowed my Ma that it wasn't Ma. So, to correct this error due to this site's mistake, it was my Ma next to me in bed. Not someone I didn't know, that was the ghost at the door. I really hate how this site changes how we write. Fcked up.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Hey it really upsets me when these things show themselves to children. My daughter was seeing something for a while and It made me really mad at whatever it was. I don't like that my poor baby gets scared. ❤ Jasmin
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
Well Ramzey, if you can live with that kind of creepiness, more power to you!

I personally, would be TOTALLY creeped out!

I've been sort of a ghost "magnet" all my life, but I don't like it at all. It scares the crap outta me, actually. 😨

I WISH I was more comfortable with it, but after all these years of dealin' with it, I just don't think I ever will be. 😢
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
Yes I am really a ghost hunter Wicked & Ron. I did not sleep "alone" until I was 13 Vox. The only thing abnormal about that is the way you read.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
Did you really not sleep until you were 13? That sounds highly abnormal.
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
are you really a ghost hunter because here in the school I'm studying at there is a lot of reported ghost sightings
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
are you really a ghost hunter because here in the school I'm studying at there is a lot of reported ghost sightings I've experienced one you can read it in my next story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: