You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Into The Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

Into The Unknown

 

I am a 25 year old girl who absolutely loves to do paranormal investigations. I have my own group. I call us G.A.P.S. This stands for Ghostly Appalachian Paranormal Society. I started this group February of 2007. Since then, we have experienced many different things from a dancing ghost to cold touches to eerie sounds, etc.

The first weekend of May of this year, myself and two other members were asked to 'ghost hunt' in a man's home. He has two young children in the home too. He told us a story of what happened to him, that as he was walking through the hallway to go into his son's room, a black shadow appeared in front of him and walked through him. He said he then became very weak and he sat down in the chair next to him. He told us that he could not hardly move for almost 10 minutes and when he stood up he became dizzy and lightheaded. He wanted us to investigate, to see if we could see or feel what he felt and saw.

I gather the equipment and head over to his home. He takes his children and goes camping so we could have the home to ourselves. The other two (a girl and a guy) and I go into the home, get a feel for the place, check all rooms for heat vents, ac units, mirrors, anything that could make us think something ghostly just made a sound, or something ghostly just reflected on the wall. We like to know of these things so we won't be fooled. We turn off the lights and I sit a camcorder facing the hallway where the shadow was seen and a voice recorder in the daughter's bedroom. I sit another voice recorder in the kitchen. April (the other girl member) and I begin asking questions. "Is there a presence in here that would like to show yourself?" "We want to communicate with you, so, you can speak freely into these recorders or if you'd let us take a picture of you, that would be great for our proof you are still here." Then I would snap a photo. Other questions were asked and more pictures were taken. I went and got the camcorder and took it with me through the house. As we were standing in the dining area, the guy member (Rob) became sick to his stomach. He felt like he needed to get some fresh air, he went outside and stayed there until the investigation was over.

April and I are the only two in the home now. I am still holding the camcorder and am seeing white and green orbs pass by the lens. (The night vision was on.) They are weird orbs, not the normal dust passing by. They are dancing on the wall and then standing still in mid-air. I turn the camcorder to my right because I feel a cold spot on my right shoulder. There is a mist that I see in the camera over my shoulder but I can not see it with my own eyes. "Alright! We are getting something!" That's what I say and then I hear footsteps right next to me, to my left. April said, "Did you hear that?" More footsteps were heard and they sounded like they were walking circles around me and April. I tell her to take some pictures and I try to capture whatever was there on video, but, no luck. I then walk back through the hallway with the camcorder, go into the son's room and as I am walking out of the son's room, and into a spare bedroom, something popped up on the screen quickly that looked like a small white light. "That's cool, hope it comes out in the review!" I say this to myself as I go into the spare room, look around everywhere with the camcorder, in the closet, on the bed, etc. I then place the video recorder into the kitchen to record the hallway. April and I go into the daughter's bedroom and do some evp work with the voice recorder. The air has the feeling to it that someone is watching. We take more photos, do a little more evp work and decide to leave once that 'feeling' has subsided.

I review the evidence at my house within the next couple of days. On video, the white light from the spare bedroom shows up to be a face that pops out of the closet, looks directly into the camcorder and shoots back into the closet like it was scared it just got seen. It is amazing how clear it is. There are two wide eyes, a big shiny nose, a sad mouth and it looks to be a black aura around the face. We also have on voice recordings, "April, it's April..." "C'mon..." These recordings sound to be a small girl's voice. They are mainly whispers. There are breaths to that were captured. These voices and breaths were only at times when no one else was in the room... Funny thing is, they say April's name. We find out two days after the investigation that the home was built over 3 children graves.

I have contacted the tax office to try and find out things, but, I am having no luck. Can someone tell me how to find out information of a place and who lived there? It is very hard to do. Most people in this part of the world think I'm crazy and living on the dark side, but I am not crazy, and I am Christian. I believe these beings that show themselves are here to be known from the unknown. They need help, I'm sure.

Please leave comments and thanks for reading! Sorry it is sooooo long!:)

Other hauntings by Ramzey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ramzey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darizuka (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Ramzey, what exactly does "ghost-hunters" do?

And well why not send me those footage, pictures and such:P
Or make a site for your group

Btw, my e-mail is dsdariu [at] gmail.com
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
If you want to see if there was a pre-existing cemetery on the property you can go to the county library and ask to look at old maps of the area. If a cemetery used to exist on the property there will be evidence of it listed on an old map of the area unless it was a private family cemetery. Hope this helps.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
I did get the video put onto DVD. Does anyone know how to transfer some footage from it to this site?
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
I only have film that has been developed from a 35mm camera. I am not good with computers like I should be and I apologize that I can not show you my evidence. I will soon be getting a digital camera and I will for sure show each and every pic that shows ghostly evidence to you all. My camcorder is on high 8 tape. I do not know how to transfer it to a computer either. Maybe I can find someone to help me with it! Thank you all for reading and posting your comments!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Not only would I love to see your evidence on your camcorder, I look forward to it as I am confident you will exhibit it here soon.

Thanks so much, sounds like it was a great night!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I would also like to see the pictures, videos and hear your evps if possible.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
I would love to see the pictures you were able to capture and to hear more of your adventures!

God Bless!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Thank you, Matticus for reading! My next investigation will be June 21st. I have lots more stories to post. I just can't find the time because the only computer I have access to is here at work.
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
oh no the longer is usually the better with more details... Very interesting read and good luck with your ghost group. Peace out

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: