You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scratches and the Face in the Steaming Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Scratches and the Face in the Steaming Mirror

 

One day I came home off the bus and went straight into the kitchen to have a snack. Walking out of the kitchen I felt the burning sensation on my back. I had my sister look at it and there were three little scratch marks on my back. There was no way that it could have been my bra because it makes an 'x' shape on my back and the scratches were in the corner of my back.

I got pictures of it on my sisters cell phone, but I don't know how to load them onto the computer. It hurt really badly, and I think the only reason it didn't break the skin was because I was wearing two shirts and one of them was a sweater.

Another time I had gone to the graveyard to visit my dad's parents. When we left I was being stupid and yelling, "hey, follow me home, ghosts, follow me home!" Apparently something did. That night I was going to take a shower, but I had to hurry because it was already about 12:30. I get the feeling that someone is watching me while I'm in the shower so I leave the curtain halfway open and peek out every couple of minutes.

A bit later I was peeking out of the shower curtain again because I heard a noise. On the mirror was a face print like someone had drawn a face on the fogged up mirror. It was angry looking and it wasn't there the first couple of times that I had peeked out of the shower. My family goes to bed at about 11:00 or so and unless they had moved faster than my head could shift, draw that face so perfectly, and closed the door without me catching them then It was probably something paranormal.

Our house is haunted anyway and If nothing followed me home then it had to have been something in my house. I will respond to comments or questions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lesley La Fleur, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow that must have been sooooooo scary! Did you recognise the face in the mirror? And I think the spirit would have been from the grave because it was attracted to your energy

Kitty ❤ ❤
LesleyLaFleur (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Im sooo sorry to keep adding all these, but I need to correct myself. The story that I called the little girls is really called 'Three Little Girls' sorry again and thanks! 😳
LesleyLaFleur (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
😁 The Little Girls story is available and already published though! 😆 So please enjoy my story and add any skeptic comments that can make me think outside the box even more! 😉
LesleyLaFleur (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
😳 OOPS... It won't let me add these stories until he catches up so I'll let you know when I have posted those. 😁 SRY
LesleyLaFleur (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
😁 I love all the comments and am glad that you all read my story. I actually feel like I'm being listened to for once! I know I should apologize and I will when I get the time. My mom and dad get sad to go there and I don't wana make them go back. I'll have a problem getting a ride there, but when I find one I promise you all that I will apologize.
My whole family has expirienced lots of things. In what way is my house haunted? Before we moved in someone opened a portal in our house. We get many different guests, they are random and like every 8 month visits. So we don't get to see to much phenomenon, but the visits we get are mostly nice, quick ones and we mostly never see them again. If you would like to read of my other stories search for these ones...
1. The three girls
2. Heavy Breathing
3. Bad B.O.
4. Visions
I'll update you for anymore later.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi Lesley, thank you for sharing your story with us. I found it interesting and very credible in the telling. A word to the wise, never issue an invitation unless you mean it.

FRAWIN ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
I hope these paranormal experiences are not causing you much trouble or fear. I do agree with the others about going back and apologizing. Please keep in touch. Best wishes to you!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hi Lesley.
First I want to thank you for pointing out that there was no way that your bra could have scratched your back like that. I know you may have been a bit apprehensive about writing that, but chances are one of us would have asked if it was possible. 😊
If you could e-mail the photos to yourself you could probably send them in as an "after thought", Martin is really good at trying to post them when important to a story. 😉
Looks like I do not have to state the obvious and tell you it was not smart to offer the invitation to accompany you home. You said it yourself. I would have to go back to the cemetery and apologize as in your disrespect you may have angered an entity, though.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
In what way is your house haunted? I am afraid that I would like more details regarding 'haunted' before commenting to much.

However, you are correct in that making that comment at the cemetary was not right, disrespectful. I would apologize.
I look forward to additional details!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: