You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Visit

 

This story happened when I was Grade 6 (my age at that time is 12) in the province of Misamis Occidental, Philippines.

I was on vacation that time when I got a call from my cousin that my grandma (my mother's mom) just passed away. I grew up with my grandma and this really saddened me.

I stayed at my grandma's house until the wake. At this time, I really don't believe in ghosts or spirits but really love hearing stories about them. After the burial, it is a common tradition in our province that the relatives should stay for the night or so. My two brothers and cousins agreed that we will sleep at my grandma's house that night.

We all agreed to sleep in the living room and use a banig (a handwoven mat) to sleep with. In front of us, there is an altar with my grandma's picture and some candles.

I don't like sleeping with pillows and my cousins are all aware of it. I cannot tell what time this happened but all of the sudden, I was laying on my grandma's lap. She was gently scrolling my hair (like she always do when I was kid to put me to sleep). I did not open my eyes because I got too scared to do so but I was crying. I can feel my tears flowing down my cheek. She then said to take care.

I suddenly woke up, wiped my tears, and thought that it was just a dream. All of my cousins were all asleep. That is when I noticed that I was laying on my grandma's pillow! Now, it is also a tradition in our province that all belongings of the dead will be kept until its 40th day. I also clearly remember that this pillow was kept in a cabin when we arrange my grandma's stuff.

Not only that, the pillow that I was laid on, was the same pillow that my grandma made for me. I did not tell anyone about what happened on that morning.

It was then that my uncle open up. He said that he woke up at around 2:00 am to pee, the door was not locked but decided not to open as he thought that someone maybe using the toilet since he also heard a flush on the toilet.

He said that he waited for more than 5 minutes but no one came out and decided to just open the door. Surprisingly, no one was there. The CR has only one door and one window - too small for a person to use that as an exit.

My other uncle also said that he went to the kitchen to get some water and accidentally dropped his glass. He tried looking for a broom to sweep up the broken glasses but could not find it. It was then that he heard like someone was cleaning the kitchen. He then rushed to the kitchen and was shocked to see that the broom and the dust pan he was looking for is just standing beside the refrigerator. Not only that, the broken glass was already on the dust pan which means that someone actually cleaned it up!

My uncle also was sure that he was the only one awake at that time. My aunt also said that my grandma would usually wake up during the pee hours and would have a hard time going back to sleep and would just do some cleaning.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, johjong129, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-05)
Your grandma loves you very much. Do you still feel her? Pray for her always. May her soul rest in Gods care now. Thankyou for sharing.
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-09)
Hi there, what a great story. I am currently looking for content for my new paranormal podcast and was wondering if it would be ok with you if I shared your story.
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-10)
I think this sounds like a nice visit from your Grandma. If you have any more experiences with her, please share them. I have had a few with my grandma that I need to share sometime.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: